• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA giving out free game on Origin (Spore, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: BC2)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No email yet and i got both BF3 and ME3 on Origin, although i bought them retail, not through Origin. Wonder if it matters or not.

mr. grape

EA's Live support is actually surprisingly good.

I went to them with a pretty simple question about for some reason I couldn't log into my account on 360 and they said the servers were down for some reason or something and then he just gave me a digital copy of Mass Effect "as apology for any confusion"

EA's live support can be great at times, but I really don't think people will receive emails with the voucher if they opted out of EA's advertisements/promotions. I think that's the trigger which is causing people not to get their emails.

Got a free copy of Dragon Age Origins. I decided to try the streaming demos while I was at it. I must say the Gakai streaming service is pretty good.

gabbo

Are you trying to use it in the store by accessing the store via a browser, or by accessing it by the Origin client? You're supposed to do it via the client.

I finally got the client to update, and used the code successfully. I really dislike EA's insistence that sales/promos/coupon codes won't work across all versions of the Origin store, it's a lot more hassle than it need be.
A hearty 'thanks bro' to legacyzero for the code and DA:O

Tratorn

Doesn't it work anymore?
I can't see any "drop down"-menu in the pop-up window, when i click on the "buy"-button.

It just says "Antes de podermos adicionar Medal of Honor Airborne™ ao seu carrinho de compras, por favor seleccione o seguinte:" which google-translates to "Before we can add Medal of Honor Airborne ™ to your shopping cart, please select the following:" and then there is an image from the Cover of the game.

bengraven

WTF, I haven't got a code. I've been a member since Day 1. Apparently.

Already have DA:O and BC2, but I'd like to get Spore for my wife. She'd have fun screwing with it.

gabbo

Doesn't it work anymore?
I can't see any "drop down"-menu in the pop-up window, when i click on the "buy"-button.

It just says "Antes de podermos adicionar Medal of Honor Airborne™ ao seu carrinho de compras, por favor seleccione o seguinte:" which google-translates to "Before we can add Medal of Honor Airborne ™ to your shopping cart, please select the following:" and then there is an image from the Cover of the game.

Refresh and try again. I tried in two different browsers (opera/firefox) and both worked fine.

thanks for MOH! =D i didn't get the EA free game though, i checked my inbox, spam and deleted folder and nothing.. in the US btw

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I don't supposed the Asia/Singapore store has similar offers? They're still selling Mass Effect 2 and many older games at full price and we rarely get discounts, if any...

EDIT:Apparently I was wrong and they've finally reduced some prices of older games. Still not huge discounts like Steam though).

glaurung

Oh help us mighty Xenu, EA are cheapening their own intellectual properties to the point of giving them away for free!

Someone call Pachter, quick.

Fuck Origin.

Never received a single mail from Origin, besides that time I had to contact support.

I'm trying to verify my account or singing up for the newsletter, has anyone found a link? I want Dragon Age, goddamit :(

Yeah... I had the "no promotions" thing off.

Turned it on now let's see if I get an email in a day or so...

(really the only game I haven't got is Spore so its really no big loss either way)

anddo0

Got the email. I already own Spore and DAO. I beat BC2 on PS3. But would like to try it on PC.
Can we play these games without Origins?

Arxisz

If anyone has no need for their code, I'd be happy to make use of it to try out BC2 as I heard it's a great game.

Tellaerin

Seriously you are complaining if you get something for free ?

I am from Austria (and am not a little shit) and didn't get the mail, checked junk e-mail too ;(

The 'devaluing those games' thing is a reference to the recent interview with an EA exec who was claiming that Steam sales were 'devaluing' the games/IP's that went on sale.

alstein

Looks like EA is trying to use the loss leader approach Valve used to get Steam popular.

Problem is, Valve did it with better games.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Own all of the games.
If the code is transferable and someone wants one simply pm me.

BFBC2 was such an awesome mp experience..So many hours!]

Edit: Code gone!

HoosTrax

I've had an EA account (or Origin account, whatever they want to call it) since Battlefield 2. No e-mail about this promo...

(yes I'm American)

TheDanger

Banned
I've had an EA account (or Origin account, whatever they want to call it) since Battlefield 2. No e-mail about this promo...

(yes I'm American)

396466_10150617730022813_595737812_11002490_1885037166_n.jpg

Top Bottom