• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA giving out free game on Origin (Spore, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: BC2)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Dragon Age Origins is fine if I haven't played vanilla DA? What's the difference?

Or is Dragon Age Origins the first game? lol, I don't even know. I always thought Origins was an expansion

Salsa

nothing here and I bought BF3 and ME3 full price on Origin

guess they read my GAF posts

I'd take Spore if I could I guess

RPGCrazied

I'm positive the Dragon Age game is just the main game, all the DLC and whatever won't be with it.

I got the ultimate edition for PS3 for like $15.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm positive the Dragon Age game is just the main game, all the DLC and whatever won't be with it.

I got the ultimate edition for PS3 for like $15.

My friend got the dragon armor and Shale DLC (whatever that is) when he redeemed his code a couple of minutes ago. It's not the ultimate with the big expansion of course but hey...whatever.

My friend got the dragon armor and Shale DLC (whatever that is) when he redeemed his code a couple of minutes ago. It's not the ultimate with the big expansion of course but hey...whatever.

This was given away originally when people brought brand new copies of DA:O on consoles. Not too sure if it was the same on PC though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Or is Dragon Age Origins the first game? lol, I don't even know. I always thought Origins was an expansion

Origins is the first game, and they're offering the vanilla version. You can't beat free, but there's an Ultimate Edition with all of the DLC (including an expansion pack sized campaign) that's often on sale for around $7.50. You can buy all of the DLC individually, but it would cost exponentially more than the Ultimate Edition when it's on sale.

Derrick01

Banned
What's the catch? I feel like I might be signing some sort of blood oath. My first born will turn out to be the antichrist or something.

Seems like it's a random selection, or maybe US only and you had to have bought something that registers on origin. If you got a code there's no noticeable catch though, just plug it in on the checkout page and it gives you it for free.

Eusis

What's the catch? I feel like I might be signing some sort of blood oath. My first born will turn out to be the antichrist or something.
The catch is that you gave EA your money at some point I'd assume. Or at least I don't see why anyone would've gotten the offer if they didn't already sign up for an EA account at least for stuff on consoles.

Do you guys know where to go to sign up for Origin newsletters and promotion emails? I'm pretty sure I opted out when I first registered. Don't see it in settings either.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Non e-mail despite having an Origin account. SMH. :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That's a weird thing to drive you nuts lol. We clearly know what they mean, sure it may have just been a rebranding to some, but they clearly don't see it that way.

They literally updated the software and the only thing that changed was the name at the top of the window.

Megasoum

Banned
Do you guys know where to go to sign up for Origin newsletters and promotion emails? I'm pretty sure I opted out when I first registered. Don't see it in settings either.

You need to go to https://profile.ea.com/login.do

There's an option at the bottom of the profile page that you can check. There's also another one "hidden". In the "My Preferences" section, make sure to pick My Games, My Platforms and My Stores in the list and save. When I did that I got a pop-up telling me I was opt-out (even if the other checkbox was checked on the main profile page). I opted in in the pop-up and now hopefuly I will get future promo emails.

They literally updated the software and the only thing that changed was the name at the top of the window.

He's completely right. My brother loaded up his free promotional copy of Burnout Paradise by the EA Downloader one day to notice it had a completely different name. Identical program.

That's pretty much Origin's creation.

SmartBase

The diffrence with Origin is 100% of their titles are price gouged as opposed to the 2% on Steam. Also you didn't look it up correctly Spore is $49.99 here not $19.99 hence why i said its a ripoff.

You talking about Steam's Australian prices? 2% is bullshit, more like 99.9%.

That said, I kinda wanted to try out Spore. Oh well.

You need to go to https://profile.ea.com/login.do

There's an option at the bottom of the profile page that you can check. There's also another one "hidden". In the "My Preferences" section, make sure to pick My Games, My Platforms and My Stores in the list and save. When I did that I got a pop-up telling me I was opt-out (even if the other checkbox was checked on the main profile page). I opted in in the pop-up and now hopefuly I will get future promo emails.

D'oh! Thanks for this. Turns out, I was opt-out as well. Shame! I'd like to replay Dragon Age: Origins on my PC.

You know this board is freaking crazy when they complain about free games because it's not steam doing it ahah. Get both. It won't kill you. I promise. What a bunch of loony fanboys.

legacyzero

Banned
EDIT: Gone forever to Gabbo

What? I gotta make it interesting! :p

Damn, I was wishing for an awesome deal on BF3 in time for my epic PC upgrade.

gabbo

You know this board is freaking crazy when they complain about free games because it's not steam doing it ahah. Get both. It won't kill you. I promise. What a bunch of loony fanboys.

You don't know what you've just inadvertently started. Anyways, So it's DA:O, BC2 and what other game?

mr. grape

Ok, I'll make a deal. First person to guess my favorite Assault Rifle in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare gets the code.

EDIT: Nevermind, misread.

The_Monk

Ok, I'll make a deal. First person to guess my favorite Assault Rifle in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare gets the code.

G3?

Hmm or I wonder if it is the Ak 47...

gabbo

G36C or the Carbine

****, I was wishing for an awesome deal on BF3 in time for my epic PC upgrade.

M14

EDIT: Welp, G36c would have been my first guess but I was beaten to the punch.

Anyone else have spare codes for someone that opted out?

TeegsD

Hey, anyone else getting an invalid code error. Trying to get BC2 but it's saying the code is invalid. Copied it straight from email

legacyzero

Banned
G36C or the Carbine

ibcdokkUaxhtBJ.gif

Gun is amazing, yo.

Top Bottom