• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

SkyOdin

There's no way you believe that. You were the fourth vote on a now dead train. The last one to vote it currently.

To be honest, you haven't really put forward a case for why I'm scum. I did that for you at least. You briefly insinuated that you might take at my actions, you never said anything of note regarding it after that though. If you think I'm scum, make a case why and convince others that you might be right. That's what I'm trying to do.

All of our interactions have been me on the attack and you deflecting left, right, and center, so if nothing else, go on the offensive and try to lynch me. You sitting idly by as one of your 'top' scum candidates slowly loses momentum makes it seem like you never really had any interest in lynching me. Fight for your candidate!
Aren't you getting a little overconfident Flame? It is still a little early to say that the lynch train against you is losing momentum. From my perspective, this entire push to lynch Zeusy feels like desperation on your part. At the start of the day, you were directing your attention all over the place. You started pushing to lynch Zeusy solely to get heat off of yourself, and you are ecstatic that it seems to working.

From the get-go of this game, you have been prioritizing your own survival over other concerns; first with your threat to claim and now this. It seems overkill compared to the actual amount of vote pressure you have been under. Two votes, and you posting up a storm to get Zeusy lynched in your place. It took a handful of posts suspicious of you to get you to start talking about claiming.

I think you lack the self-assurance and confidence that comes with being part of town. And I can't shake the feeling that your targeting of Zeusy is an act of opportunism.

Flame_AC

From the get-go of this game, you have been prioritizing your own survival over other concerns; first with your threat to claim and now this. It seems overkill compared to the actual amount of vote pressure you have been under. Two votes, and you posting up a storm to get Zeusy lynched in your place. It took a handful of posts suspicious of you to get you to start talking about claiming.

I think you lack the self-assurance and confidence that comes with being part of town. And I can't shake the feeling that your targeting of Zeusy is an act of opportunism.

I am happy that other's see at least some of what I see in Zeusy. What else am I supposed to be?

Also, you're misremembering the votes that were on me. I was at 4 votes, close to the 7 majority, with them coming in fairly quick succession. 2 votes isn't a big deal which is why I'm not really worried about being lynched right now.

You say I am overconfident and yet also lacking confidence at the exact same time? I mean, I'm pretty self-assured that Zeusy is scum... otherwise I wouldn't be the one flying the banner.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (2)
SkyOdin 2595
*Splinter 2620 2680
Kyanrute 2645 2737
Zeusy 2678

Bronx-Man (2)
Kyanrute 2737
Blargonaut 2747

Zeusy (1)
Flame_AC 2599

No active vote for Day 5: *Splinter (has previously voted), Bronx-Man, cabot, Kalor, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, WaffleTaco, Zippedpinhead

Day 5 Postcount: *Splinter 23, Blargonaut 12, Bronx-Man 6, cabot 14, Flame_AC 45, Kalor 7, Kyanrute 31, Lone_Prodigy 8, OceanicAir 6, SkyOdin 10, WaffleTaco 5, Zeusy 7, Zippedpinhead 9

Day 5 ends:
pin_1503525600.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

FAD80Ew.png

(Banner done by Fat4all)

GAME OVER
23. [m] acohrs - D1: Reggie Rowe -Suicide Day Cop.
14. [m] Dusk Soldier – D1 Lynch: Nix - Town Vigilante
11. [m] AbsolutBro – N1: Trish Dailey - Doctor
15. [m] Timeaisis – N1: Seattle Hipster
08. [m] CCS - D2 Lynch: Sasha-Witch
07. [m] batsnacks – N2: Our Glorious Lady Betty - May She Rest in Peace
19. [m] isaacnukem - D3 Lynch: Seattle Hipster
18. [m] Kawl_USC – N3: Seattle Hipster
03. [m] Ri'Orius – N4: Celia Penderghast – Town Escapist
05. [m] TheGoddamn [f] Swamped - N4: The Beast - Scum
_____

Gamerunner: Melonrabbit

This is a cosplay game with normal mafia mechanics. Ideal for new and veteran players alike.

Players: 23

lol you wanna know why we're utterly shit at finding Mafia this game? Look at that^

Mafia has been fed their Nightly kills from the very start. They're playing on EASY

By way of publicised Alignment confirmation, batsnacks, Kawl, & Ri'Orious; N2, N3 and N4's kills were just handed to scum on the metal plate. We have nothing to work off.

The only "proper" lead we have is Timeaisis' N1 murder, and it's shit because Time barely had any connections to anyone during the 1 Day he was alive. All we can glean from Time's death is that scum were afraid of a Doctor protecting bats & Kawl, so this Mafia likely has no scum!Strongperson on their side.

while AbsBro also died N1, since he was D1's second-to-majority suspect, we may surmise that it was a Town-aligned Power Role that killed him by virtue of the act of killing a second-to-majority suspect being the accepted pro-Town MO of a Town Vigilante-type. However, the Town Vigilante, Dusk Soldier, was lynched during D1 right before AB's death...

...I remember betsnacks had claimed to have had a N0 1-shot Power to use. But he was confirmed Town and he's also dead. And he never claimed responsibility for AB's death... So that's a dead-end about that

What we might be dealing with there is that the Mafia had one extra kill-shot (as seeing as scum!Swamped's Role of Bomb w/ 1-shot Bulletproof was quite Powerful... I think that's fair evidence we're dealing with a quite Powered scum team)... And I think they expended it on AbsBro the 2nd-suspect during N1... to provide the basis for an eventual "1-shot Vigilante" Role-claim cover, meant for one of their scum members later in the game. So I'd suggest now that anyone who ever claims responsibility for killing AB, we should policy-lynch them.

With regards to the mysterious death of scum!Swamped; I cannot imagine after Dusk D1 there being a second Town Vigilante in this game. Yet N1's 2nd death then N4's 2nd death, seemingly affirms this; but if so, why the actionless gap of N2 & N3? Why would they delay shot expenditure like that?

Only CCS had the seeming Power to coerce a dormant Mafia into attacking someone for a 2nd Night-kill to happen. And he died AFTER N1's, during D2. So what the fuck is going on?

I'd like to think that there's some kind of retaliatory Town Power Role among us; one who visits a player and then shoots whoever else visits that player. It fits with what happened last Night, N4:

After Ri'Orious was outed as a confirmed Town-aligned Lynchproof, the Mafia had no better strategic choice but to immediately kill him (at Night when he's vulnerable). A certain Powerful someone with a tactical mind surmised this too, and with that Power they visited Ri'Orious last Night with the intent to shoot-intercept the attacker incoming to Ri'. And that attacker was Swamped.

...Yet, Swamped is shot, yes; but if said Powerful someone was able to shoot and kill other visitors, then why did Ri' still end up dead?

That's the mess of my theory​

With regards to the secondless N2 and N3; it could be that Mafia somehow successfully Roleblocked the second killer, explaining that actionless gap... but twice in a row?

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

The inFAMOUS players

01. [f] WaffleTaco - New – CST
02. [m] Zeusy - New – PST
09. [m] Bronx-Man – EST
16. [m] Lone_Prodigy – PST
22. [m] Kalor – BST

04. [m] OceanicAir – CST
06. [m] Kyanrute - GMT+2
10. [m] SkyOdin – PST
12. [m] cabot - GMT+1
13. [m] Blargonaut – GMT
17. [m] *Splinter – GMT
20. [m] Zippedpinhead – EST
21. [m] Flame_AC – EST

Seriously I am of the mind to crush all these low-activity creepy-crawlies at this point. We need ENDGAMERS, not GAME-ENDERS like:

Bronx-Man,​

Kalor,​

WaffleTaco,​

Zeusy,​

Lone_Prodigy​

Who add nothing but more mystery to this game then I can handle tbh. OceanicAir I can at least stand because of his corroborated Gossip claim. omg

It was the following post and then her hot vote for Ri' (like my post from a couple days ago said. She never came back to really defend it and never tried to sway my thinking. I interpreted it to be a scum maneuver of avoiding an accurate read that wasn't picked up on.

So I doubled down yesterday.

Kalor what's the reason for your read on Ri? It's not just you, a lot of people seem to scum read him.

Going through his posts myself, they seem pretty innocuous on the surface. He doesn't stir the pot much, but that doesn't say anything about alignment. He wants to follow Blarg's plan of voting off Kyan, but wavers a bit there. In general I think his posts seem to hold back a bit. At the end of D1 he switched from AB to Dusk, but that doesn't say much either because they were both town and he probably just wanted to avoid a tie. D2 he votes for CCS. So I don't get much from his votes either. Basically I don't know what to think of Ri.

Similarly with Bronx, some people scumread him saying he's slightly off from other games. Can someone volunteer to elaborate? I'm not getting much from him either.

---

OHHH wait, maybe I'm slow but doesn't CCS's (claimed) N1 action clear Kyan completely? CCS claimed that even if he targeted a non-killing mafia, there would be two kills.

My conversations with isaacnukem and initial assessment still stood when I last got in thread a few hours before day end. Completely missed Day end due to taking my kids to an indoor park (my last post was hours prior to day end when I checked the thread that morning).

Are you asking why I didn't flip flop? I wasn't in thread so I didn't have a chance to even think about it. Would I? I don't know, especially because now I know that Isaacnukem really was just fooling around and my original argument with you and him was completely misread.

Honestly, rereading the whole day end is leaving me with new reads. Oceanicair's drive by vote and post at Day end is giving me sketch vibes. Also swamped. Getting a real scum vibe from her. Especially her defense and then pivot on her vote today so far.

She really lays into you but then pivots and drops a hot vote on Ri'Orius.

In fact I think I'll drop a vote on her to see is we can get more interaction.

vote: Swamped

I'll thank whoever took her out, but now I'm back to getting drawing board. My top really was scum, but my second (waffletaco) was also scum read by swamped. It could be scum of throwing shade on town, but it was a mild scum read from swamped (so it could be scum casually scum reading a teammate)

I'm leaning towards it being scum throwing shade on a townie though...

Going back and reading your reasoning and then Swamped's interactions... dude, your correct scum-read of Swamped is just straight-up bloody magical to me. Like, ENHANCE levels of I don't understand your technology

I don't think your peerless accuracy feels Mafia!bus-based... so I think I think I don't find you scummy anymore. But after what you quoted, now I do think Kyan does seem scummier, after what Swamped said about exonerating him of scumminess post-CCS.

Like, CCS apparently moved Kyan against cabot "THE ODD COMMUTER" cabot. So a mind-controlled scum!Kyan could've missed, then him and his teammates easily say "Oh (Kyan) can't possibly be scum because when CCS moved him he didn't kill anyone/cabot!". Which it seems to me is exactly what Kyan and Swamped capitalised on

cabot

bulletproof scum and commuter seem like counter balances to the killer on either side.

you don't get bulletproof for a 1-shot town aligned vigi, and if there was a second town-aligned killer, I'd have expected them to claim by this point.

I'd take Bronx out right now cause we can and I can't read him at all.

*Splinter

Going back and reading your reasoning and then Swamped's interactions... dude, your correct scum-read of Swamped is just straight-up bloody magical to me. Like, ENHANCE levels of I don't understand your technology
Oh that's nothing, Cabot not only scumread Swamped but also independently TheG based off of 2 in game posts.

Zipped's push on Swamped got a lot stronger on N4, I still think he tried to kill her on N3.

Also your NK theories miss 2 facts:
-Swamped had a bulletproof, suggesting a non-scum aligned killer beyond the 1 shot vig that already flipped.
-Swamped's bulletproofiness was already spent, most likely accounting for one of the missing kills on N2 or N3.

Conspiracy theory: there is still a missing kill, and if scum have a roleblocker they might have an idea of who the other killer is, and Cabot is currently pushing the lynch of suspected killer ZipoedPinnedjus'sayin'

cabot

I scumread TheG and swamped and I happened to be right, what do you want me to say?

You get them right sometimes.

*shrug*

Zipped is a blind read, I've been saying that all game. Bronx and Zipped, though zipped always reads scummy to me. Bronx is just ?????????????

cabot

only thing with Bronx is he just seems more relaxed this game, which is different. I find it scummy for that reason.

Sky is eh.

I think Blarg could be scum though it seems I'm not in a large section of people for that to happen.

cabot

Oh that's nothing, Cabot not only scumread Swamped but also independently TheG based off of 2 in game posts.

Zipped's push on Swamped got a lot stronger on N4, I still think he tried to kill her on N3.

-Swamped had a bulletproof, suggesting a non-scum aligned killer beyond the 1 shot vig that already flipped.
-Swamped's bulletproofiness was already spent, most likely accounting for one of the missing kills on N2 or N3.

Conspiracy theory: there is still a missing kill, and if scum have a roleblocker they might have an idea of who the other killer is, and Cabot is currently pushing the lynch of suspected killer ZipoedPinnedjus'sayin'

Or we have different opinions on who the killer is because we believe something different happened in the NKs.

cabot

admittedly my theory isn't perfect because it hinges on the SK that has been playing to town's interests, not their own.

Kill the other wagon N1, Kill the commuter claim on claimed night. Kill the same target after a failshot.

It's not good SK play.

*Splinter

Or we have different opinions on who the killer is because we believe something different happened in the NKs.
Oh? Who do you think the killer is?

I also think the killer is most likely neutral, perhaps with a "lone survivor" win condition which would explain their town-sided targetting.

Or just a good old SK-pretending-to-be-town-vig, but that's a bold strategy when we already had a 1 shot vig flip.

*Splinter

Splints, your alternatives to cabot?
I'm actually leaning towards a Zeusy vote ATM. Flame made a good case and his response was poor, but it's hard to tell where inexperience ends and scumminess begins.

The problem is I still don't exactly townread Flame either, and it's not just the big flashy stuff I mentioned earlier. His tone today has just felt... off. When I was attacking him his response felt very "meek", like he didn't want to escalate that argument at all. I expected a more aggressive response and I'm not sure how to interpret what I got instead. There's also the stuff like asking when to claim or prodding for names/gossip info. Feels like he's trying to appear helpful and it all looks slightly unnatural.

Hmm, I think my gut is leaning Flame actually, not sure how much I trust my gut today.

Speaking of gut, Kalor has jumped up my scumlist since Waffle called him out. Not that a low post count is a great reason to scumread someone, but it made me realise how little he's contributed this game. This phase for example he only gave reads when asked, and they were very much going with the flow (Flame/Zeusy IIRC).

That reminds me, Zipped gave a defense of Kalor on the last page that I didn't like.

*Splinter

This one:

I have fully Coke around on Waffletaco. I don't think she is scum anymore.

While I disagree on her number 1 scum target, I think she might be onto something there with Kalor and L_P.

Of the two Kalor has jumped back in to post more but L_P is nowhere to be found.

I think flame is playing a dangerous game if he is scum and baiting town on Zuesy, but I think he might be playing an even more dangerous game if he is town. Overall, I'll trust flame today though.

i still town read Blarg, Cabot and *Splinter. Skyodin and Kyanrute are now more neutral.

Did I miss anyone?
The bolded especially is an odd conclusion to draw. Kalor responded to Waffle's post within an hour, that suggests he's keeping up with the thread (although it can also just be coincidence). LP hasn't posted at all up to Zipped's post, which just suggests he hadn't checked the thread yet, which isn't a surprise for his activity level: I think he catches up once or twice a day and does his posting then*.

Kalor actually had even fewer posts than LP at the time of Waffle's posts, and I don't think lurking is a point in his favour.

There's also the purely meta argument where LP is always low activity, whereas Kalor is usually more middle of the pack.

*OTOH, I've seen scum-LP in past games and he will choose to lurk when it's beneficial to do so, so that muddies those waters somewhat.

*Splinter

I think flame is playing a dangerous game if he is scum and baiting town on Zuesy, but I think he might be playing an even more dangerous game if he is town. Overall, I'll trust flame today though.
Sorry forgot to mention this bit, but I don't understand this paragraph at all, Zipped can you explain it for me?

Kalor

After looking through the previous days I think I'll vote for Bronx. Initially I was going to vote for Zeusy but they feel more like a new town member trying to get used to the game. While with Bronx, it feels like they are intentionally keeping their head down and not rocking the boat when they do post.

Vote: Bronx-Man

Fat4all

Banned
You know my colleagues like Fat4All and Lifeline have the artsy-visual DIY approach locked down, but only a picturesque artiste such as I, can successfully use others' works against themselves. If you have to edit the GIF for it to convey the dialogue you intend, you've already lost yourself to the art

reference not deference, that's the secret Kyan

electricity.gif

giphy.gif

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Bronx-Man (3)
Kyanrute 2737
Blargonaut 2747
Kalor 2781

Flame_AC (2)
SkyOdin 2595
*Splinter 2620 2680
Kyanrute 2645 2737
Zeusy 2678

Zeusy (1)
Flame_AC 2599

Zippedpinhead (1)
cabot 2770

No active vote for Day 5: *Splinter (has previously voted), Bronx-Man, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, WaffleTaco, Zippedpinhead

Day 5 Postcount: *Splinter 29, Blargonaut 20, Bronx-Man 6, cabot 21, Flame_AC 45, Kalor 8, Kyanrute 32, Lone_Prodigy 8, OceanicAir 6, SkyOdin 10, WaffleTaco 6, Zeusy 7, Zippedpinhead 9

Day 5 ends:
pin_1503525600.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

Why can't we just have an SK? SK kills AB N1, shoots theSwamped N2, targets cabot N3, targets Swamped again N4. I think even Kyan mentioned this scenario. This just seems needlessly complicated and doesn't even work because Swamped was hit twice unless the other vig had multi shot (might as well be a SK then!) or a strong shot.

That's the 1 neutral 1 Vig theory I stated. Th neutral would likely be a serial killer, but same job (night kills and not scum aligned)

You know my colleagues like Fat4All and Lifeline have the artsy-visual DIY approach locked down, but only a picturesque artiste such as I, can successfully use others' works against themselves. If you have to edit the GIF for it to convey the dialogue you intend, you've already lost yourself to the art

reference not deference, that's the secret Kyan

GtmBWok.gif

1UXW8jN.gif

*Splinter

Wait, why do you think Zipped attacked Swamped... twice?
The strength of his push yesterday could be explained by having night info (such as a failed kill attempt on N3). Also his excitement at seeing the flip today.

It's nothing solid, but someone did it and my guess is Zipped.

While I have exactly no reason to believe he's town due to the content he's posted, I do get a bad feeling about the Bronx train right now. People just got off criticizing Waffle for accusing Bronx for low posting and now people are voting for him for pretty much the same reason. I just have no better reason to lynch him that couldn't apply to other people.

Age of Empires IV announced, wow.

I'm not upgrading for that tripe if it has hero units. Bane of the genre. Or at least any "hero units", should be leader-type passive command aura AoE-buff weaklings that should be protected like a king in Chess.

Top Bottom