• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

Zocano

Wasn't sure where things were going to shake out for the next season but it looks like they're building Minerva to be the main antagonist (for Sunny, MK, and Bajie)

Sir Doom

Tilda looks Jared Leto in some shots and some like Elizabeth from Bioshock.
I thought that explosion would be larger.
Bajie continues to be my favorite additional character.

Great climax fight scene between Tilda and Widow

DominoKid

Wasn't sure where things were going to shake out for the next season but it looks like they're building Minerva to be the main antagonist (for Sunny, MK, and Bajie)

IDK I think this fight gives The Widow some leeway to go back to being the people's champ. Who knows though. I just want The Widow and Tilda to be back on the same team again.

I'm glad that this season did a a bit of world building. The Abbot's HQ is outside of the walls, right? How the fuck can they get in/out of the badlands without problems? We saw how hard it is to get in. Do people just universally stay clear of the abbots?

Pepiope

I'm glad that this season did a a bit of world building. The Abbot's HQ is outside of the walls, right? How the fuck can they get in/out of the badlands without problems? We saw how hard it is to get in. Do people just universally stay clear of the abbots?
Would you fuck with the abbots?

I love how Tilda goes in and calls the Widow by her government name 😂 Theres no way they'd kill her off with a head kick like that. I wish she got a few more connects on the widow though before catching that headshot, she's one of my favorite fighters to watch. Bajie is such a great character, and much needed to lighten up a lot of the extra serious tones the other characters have. I already thirsty for season 3's 16 episodes, and were still not even done with season 2 just yet lol.

Mrbob

Would you fuck with the abbots?
If The Widow gets her power back sure. She'll wreck em all.

I wonder if Sunny has the power too but it's dormant for some reason.

Which makes me wonder if Tilda has the Abbot power too.

I love how Tilda goes in and calls the Widow by her government name 😂 Theres no way they'd kill her off with a head kick like that. I wish she got a few more connects on the widow though before catching that headshot, she's one of my favorite fighters to watch. Bajie is such a great character, and much needed to lighten up a lot of the extra serious tones the other characters have. I already thirsty for season 3's 16 episodes, and were still not even done with season 2 just yet lol.

They gotta build Tilda up a little more to go to to toe with The Widow. Maybe in another couple seasons.

My guess is this event will have her leave and join Sunny/MK. Sunny will train her up to unlimited power.

DominoKid

If The Widow gets her power back sure. She'll wreck em all.

I wonder if Sunny has the power too but it's dormant for some reason.

Which makes me wonder if Tilda has the Abbot power too.

They gotta build Tilda up a little more to go to to toe with The Widow. Maybe in another couple seasons.

My guess is this event will have her leave and join Sunny/MK. Sunny will train her up to unlimited power.

what makes you think tilda has the abbot power?

Volimar

I'm probably wrong but I've always guessed she is actually widows daughter but that might be too far fetched

No, she told the story that she was a house cog in the widow's husband's estate. He sexually abused her every night until she had had enough and decided to kill herself the next time the baron came to her room. Only he never did because the widow killed him. She made it sound like she killed him for what he did to Tilda, but given how much we know about her scheming, who is to say if that's the real reason.

For being a doctor, Veil is as dumb as a bag of rocks. She has a worse temper than Anakin-lite. Quinn is the last person you want to poke with a stick. Well, except for maybe The Widow as we found out this episode.

I called that shit with Tilda, she has a good heart and felt like The Widow betrayed that trust. Of course, Tilda ain't wrong and The Widow knows that deep down, but Widow's pride and arrogance and frankly her instinct for survival are keeping her from the righteous path. Tilda never had a chance and probably both of them knew that, but were too angry to back down. Well, maybe if Tilda had her double daggers she might've had a better chance, she seems like a better assassin than a sword fighter.

The fight itself had some good choreography, but again ruined by too many quick cuts. We needed more side shots to really see the action. I hope whoever is directing the fights this season gets fired, because even when the choreography is good the camera work is fucking them up compared with last season. It's a shame with this one in particular because it was so emotional, but all the cuts just took me out of the moment.

I continue to not trust Bajie, I think the Widow's right and he uses people as much as she does.

I have a feeling Tilda is still alive and she's going to try to rescue M.K. Odessa will stop her, cue a showdown between Odessa and wounded Tilda. Poor M.K. with that Tilda "I met someone" talk though. I kinda call bullshit on that, her thing with Odessa never felt serious.

So, is the black eyes superpower why the world's post Apocalyptic? Maybe in the past a very large percentage of the population got the superpower upgrade, and then things got out of hand with the being unable to control it thing...

If Quinn survives into next season I hope they tone his creepiness down. He was potentially my favourite character last season, despite being a bit rapey. There's only so much I can watch of him carrying around a baby pretending it's his. Maybe the monks will magic out his tumor or something

For being a doctor, Veil is as dumb as a bag of rocks. She has a worse temper than Anakin-lite. Quinn is the last person you want to poke with a stick. Well, except for maybe The Widow as we found out this episode.

I called that shit with Tilda, she has a good heart and felt like The Widow betrayed that trust. Of course, Tilda ain't wrong and The Widow knows that deep down, but Widow's pride and arrogance and frankly her instinct for survival are keeping her from the righteous path. Tilda never had a chance and probably both of them knew that, but were too angry to back down. Well, maybe if Tilda had her double daggers she might've had a better chance, she seems like a better assassin than a sword fighter.

The fight itself had some good choreography, but again ruined by too many quick cuts. We needed more side shots to really see the action. I hope whoever is directing the fights this season gets fired, because even when the choreography is good the camera work is fucking them up compared with last season. It's a shame with this one in particular because it was so emotional, but all the cuts just took me out of the moment.

I continue to not trust Bajie, I think the Widow's right and he uses people as much as she does.

I have a feeling Tilda is still alive and she's going to try to rescue M.K. Odessa will stop her, cue a showdown between Odessa and wounded Tilda. Poor M.K. with that Tilda "I met someone" talk though. I kinda call bullshit on that, her thing with Odessa never felt serious.

I agree, I was not feeling the camera work this season. From the over use of slow motion to the over head shots.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 3.1 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 1.3 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 1.3 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 9 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating

Note: this week's episode did not have The Walking Dead as a lead in.

Renpatsu

I'm confused by the nature of the show's lore. Gunpowder is "forbidden" but dynamite is a-ok? :p
Even though I can acknowledge that it's just a conceit to have martial arts be the predominant form of combat in their show at some point they're going to have to directly confront that aspect of their own lore if things escalate as they do here. That being said however the only thing we have to go on regarding guns is the opening (unless I'm mistaken) which states:
The wars were so long ago nobody even remembers. Darkness and fear ruled until the time of the barons, seven men and women who forged order out of chaos. People flocked to them for protection. That protection became servitude. They banished guns and trained armies of lethal fighters they called Clippers.
So I guess with that in mind it could be said that it's only been this system of Barons that enforced this banishment of guns and now with that system in great upheaval we might see the ramifications of that expand into new type of weapons being utilised in combat.

darkwing

L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 3.1 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 1.3 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 1.3 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 9 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating

Note: this week's episode did not have The Walking Dead as a lead in.

yikes with those ratings, is it safe for another season?

Those dudes don't give a damn, lol. Bombs or not they will gladly kill themselves for Quinn.

Widow is in desperation mode right now. But a cornered Widow isn't to be fucked with no matter what. She is also way too cunning for everybody else.

Damn. Ice cold, making her dig her own grave.

OH SHIT! With the shovel!

Those dudes don't give a damn, lol. Bombs or not they will gladly kill themselves for Quinn.

Widow is in desperation mode right now. But a cornered Widow isn't to be fucked with no matter what. She is also way too cunning for everybody else.

Yup.

GODDAMN SUNNY! LOL

Oh wow her huh. Hmmm.

Man, I'm not liking how things are continuing to landslide at the moment, I want the Widow to be on the good side dammit. :(

That Sunny and Widow back-to-back one time tease was too good...

Top Bottom