• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

A good handshake is probably fundamental in these dire times, I presume.

Tilda's outfit sort of reminds me of Corvo's outfit somewhat. It's legit badass.

Yeah. That was a nice scene. Some parting party favors for Sunny too.

Hmmmm, probably shoulda told him, rather than have him find out on the battlefield. Not that that would probably end well either.

TheFlow

Banned
I think the problem with this show is the lack of interesting characters.

There about 6-7 and they are all apart of the main cast. So if one dies, then the show is weakened. Same reason why Quinn went to season 2, and Tilda lived it.

I do think someone major will bite the dust in the finale.

Also Bajie was wearing monk robes. That leads to a lot of questions. The dude is clearly a better fighter than he led us to believe in earlier episodes.

He is playing the long game.

Damn, that was amazing.

God I hope that wasn't a finishing move kick.

I don't think it was myself. Not only does it not seem like that kick would be in this show but I feel like she's got plenty more lethal moves if she were really willing to go through with it.

Yeah, that fight was very emotional. Kinda sucked seeing those two fight because of the whole mother/daughter aspect.

Yeah it kinda sucked to have to see it.
Boy is she regretting that move now.

Dammit, why'd you have to do that Widow?!

Volimar

Also Bajie was wearing monk robes. That leads to a lot of questions. The dude is clearly a better fighter than he led us to believe in earlier episodes.

He is playing the long game.

He was a monk at the Abbey where Emkay was. It was even shown in this episode how he and his fellow monks brought Minerva to the Abbey.

That last fight was so dope. I'm glad Tilda had enough of her shit. Widow really needs to wake up, she's out of control lately. Team Bajie let's do this!

Mrbob

I swear to god if tilda is dead I'm gonna be so pissed. Like I feel she has to much story left to be dead.
She's not dead. Episode finish and previews are deceiving to make you think she is dead.

Dumb for her to fight the widow anyway.

Yeah, the Widow's spin kick didn't look like a finishing blow and the look in her face didn't look like she killed Tilda. Great emotional fight at the end there.

Not sure why exactly The Widow continues to be interested in MK, considering neither of them can read the book her father apparently gave her. Does it take 2 former Abbots in order to restore their lost powers?

Bajie has plans of his own involving the book. Not sure what his end game is concerning Astra.

The Widow/Sunny alliance didn't last long at all, lol.

Blow yourself up for a taste of vanilla ice cream brehs.

Quinn is like, if I can't have Veil and Henry no one can.

Renpatsu

I think one of the more underrated aspects of this season is how organically it weaves the recurring themes of power and agency into its character arcs. Each of the characters struggle with living within a world of turbulent social order (whether it's class, gender, familial etc) and the friction against those confines introduces further conflict, both internal and external, often in direct confrontation with another occupying a different social strata. Naturally this thematic undercurrent flows into and propels the fights emotionally as opposed to being more isolated spectacle like the first season and makes the drama and action that much more cohesively interwoven in the narrative.

Top Bottom