• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

TripOpt55

Great episode. Liv punching Rita was awesome. Also loved Blaine singing and climbing out of the grave later. And Enrico! Awesome! Going to miss this show the next few weeks.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I have such a crush..damn Leanne Lapp. I want her as poison ivy.

Also that episode was something. so much happened and that death...was so sudden that I screamed "holy shit". Really great :D

Kadayi

Banned
I think you mean Abigail from Hannibal.

latest

Oh shit. I was totally thinking all time...who is she? Knew I'd seen that face before.

Kawl_USC

can someone explain to me the whole 'Chinatown' nickname? I couldn't hear very well when I watched that part >.>

Blaine was a relatively low guy down on the totem pole of Boss's operation. Was told he could have a corner, in Chinatown, to sell product on if he could keep it. His solution was to hire two Asian guys, tat them up with a blue dragon, and viciously kill a cop(? i think). The cops responded by cracking down on the rival gang in the area, the Blue Dragons. He used the cops to muscle out the competition. Which is exactly what Blaine is doing right now via the DA against Boss. Which is what tipped him off that it was Blaine.

Additionally, Chinatown is a famous movie in which the bad guys pretty much get away with it. Hence, the end to the A plot. Pretty neat episode.

Patryn

Blaine was a relatively low guy down on the totem pole of Boss's operation. Was told he could have a corner, in Chinatown, to sell product on if he could keep it. His solution was to hire two Asian guys, tat them up with a blue dragon, and viciously kill a cop(? i think). The cops responded by cracking down on the rival gang in the area, the Blue Dragons. He used the cops to muscle out the competition. Which is exactly what Blaine is doing right now via the DA against Boss. Which is what tipped him off that it was Blaine.

Additionally, Chinatown is a famous movie in which the bad guys pretty much get away with it. Hence, the end to the A plot. Pretty neat episode.

I think it was that the guys assaulted the cop, and ended up slicing his nose open similar to what happens to Jack Nicholson's character in Chinatown. That's why he got the nickname.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is it me or is blaine the actual main character of the series? So much plot armor.

I look at Blaine in the same way as Boyd Crowder from Justified. Started off as a villain for the season, became a supporting character. He's as important as Liv, Ravi, Major, and Clive at this point.

Patryn

Something I've been thinking about: Do you think we'll ever see Liv's family again?

I find it interesting that when the Season 1 cliffhanger was all about her family, that thread got dropped early on and we haven't heard or seen them for about 90+ percent of this season.

Not really complaining, as the season has felt more than full enough, just something I realized.

Blackhead

Redarse
Something I've been thinking about: Do you think we'll ever see Liv's family again?

I find it interesting that when the Season 1 cliffhanger was all about her family, that thread got dropped early on and we haven't heard or seen them for about 90+ percent of this season.

Not really complaining, as the season has felt more than full enough, just something I realized.
We probably won't see the More family this season. ='(
A recent episode was supposed to see the return of her sibling Evan and her mom Eva, but “there are a few [storylines] that [fell] by the wayside just because we got so jam-packed,” executive producer Rob Thomas explains, adding that the final six episodes of this season feel “like going downhill on a roller coaster.” Unfortunately, that means the introduction of Liv’s dad also had to be cut. But Thomas says a family reunion “is certainly something that we think — knock on wood — we could get to [in Season 3].”

http://tvline.com/2016/02/18/gilmore-girls-season-8-spoilers-revival-logan-jess-ask-ausiello/

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
That scene when Ravi learns the barista never seen Star Wars was so good. You can see him die inside.

I screamed when Liv punched the shit out of Glida or is it Rita! That name drop by Major as he left omg.

David Anderson is just brilliant as Blaine.

The month wait is going to be hard given that promo with Liv rocking that new style hnnng

Joni

The month wait is going to be hard given that promo with Liv rocking that new style hnnng
I don't even get why this one goes on break. If they let it run, they can air Containment earlier and have it build on The Flash longer.

3rdman

That scene when Ravi learns the barista never seen Star Wars was so good. You can see him die inside.

I screamed when Liv punched the shit out of Glida or is it Rita! That name drop by Major as he left omg.

David Anderson is just brilliant as Blaine.

I don't know if its been mentioned but those two names used together is not a coincidence...
20160128031937!Gilda.jpg

I look at Blaine in the same way as Boyd Crowder from Justified. Started off as a villain for the season, became a supporting character. He's as important as Liv, Ravi, Major, and Clive at this point.

Never watched that show, I just can't get over that he keeps getting away with things. Actor's great though, they just made him too evil season 1 that I can comfortably watch him go on unpunished.

3rdman

Never watched that show, I just can't get over that he keeps getting away with things. Actor's great though, they just made him too evil season 1 that I can comfortably watch him go on unpunished.

Seeing that the show is essentially a re-skinned Veronica Mars, I think of Blaine as the Logan of this show...to an extent.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I love everything about the show and Liv is my biggest TV crush, she's just amazing. If it gets cancelled I will be Firefly/Jericho levels of upset.

kurahador

I wonder if the Liv's family angle coming back in to play this season. They seems to have forgotten it after season premiere.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
What a terrific episode. I think it may be my favourite one yet. The reactions, Ravi being Ravi, Blaine and his blonde "assistant", Papa Mars cameo... Everything was so damn good, but I think the better part of it was seeing Liv straight up throttling Gina. Offff. Who knew Liv had that in her.

Some quick jifs:

yYbaxy8.gif

TYd9PXf.gif

(Ravi, my man... that's just an open invitation to invite her to your home for some Netflix)

Extra JPGs just for those who missed Enrico Colantoni's cameo

And the ever gorgeous Kacey Rohl having the craziest blue eyes on TV

Probably not. See Post #717. Don't be sad. Here, have this.
Rahul's Twitter is consistently amusing.

That's seems to be his GF, btw.

Joni

I love everything about the show and Liv is my biggest TV crush, she's just amazing. If it gets cancelled I will be Firefly/Jericho levels of upset.

Unless a show straight-up flops like The Messengers or Star-Crossed, The CW seems at least able to give (shorter) closing seasons. So it wouldn't be that disappointing as they could still wrap it up.

wildfire

Banned
Both Ravi and Clive had their Hell No moments that were giffable.

"Do you have anyone who can provide an alibi for you"

"I'm currently between lovers."

940188.jpg

Meier

So excited for this and CEG! I usually enjoy Jane the Virgin as well whenever I catch an episode my wife is watching.

I binge watched all of season one and two over the last week or two after watching the Fifty Shades of Grey Matter episode a while back and I'm completely in love with this show now - I'm really happy it got renewed for a third season so I can enjoy it live from now on!

Top Bottom