• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (premiers March 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. NICK CAGE BASHING ALL OVER MY FACE.

This guy needs to do to Cage what Conan did to Walker.

Also he sucks with sexual innuendo. He gets all uncomfortable and overreacts over the smallest of things.

Costanza

Banned
Looks like Lonely Island cancelled their appearance.. not listed on the schedule for the rest of the week. Oh well.

Show wasn't too bad tonight.

and seriously, I'm seeing Knowing day fucking one. Rose Byrne hotness + Nic Cage's awesomely bad acting = fuck yeah

Buckethead said:
Walker? Must have missed that?

But yeah, loved the Cage bashing.
Err, Walker, Texas Ranger. I can't even remember that guys real name...

I would totally make a point of watching this show if he'd whip out random Cage idiocy from time to time.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So is the Lonely Island supposed to be showing up again or what?

I want to see these fools live!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This carpet samples shit can't possibly be anything other than a time killer. This isn't even remotely funny or entertaining. Probably the worst thing they've done on the show to date — even worse than Lick It for $10.

At least the monologues are getting better.

koam

vatstep said:
This carpet samples shit can't possibly be anything other than a time killer. This isn't even remotely funny or entertaining. Probably the worst thing they've done on the show to date — even worse than Lick It for $10.

At least the monologues are getting better.

The carpet sample ending was great!

Winner gets a carpet sample!!!! The losers get a $300 gift certificate at the apple store.

aoi tsuki

First time i've seen the show. Fallon's obviously green to the role, but i never really saw him as a match for a late night host. Maybe he'll grow into it.

And wow @ Michael Stipe. Awesome beard, sculptures of old tech, and voice mail message.

NeoForte

I like them, use to watch their show a lot. Should resubscribe to it on itunes again.

Whats up with all the Twitter talk this night? First Ellen on Leno and now A whole segment about it on Jimmy....is it really that good or just the lastest of fads?

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I've only caught a few episodes so far but I did catch last night and it was pretty good (at least the first half). The whole letters home bit was good and Russell Brand was fucking hilarious and Jimmy did a decent job with the interview. Plus having the Roots as a house band is pretty awesome.

Fallon really needs to work on his opening monologue and skits. He seems to have the guest interview stuff down but the opening 25 minutes of the show or so painstakingly bad that I'm having trouble getting to the good stuff.

Fallon is AWFUL. Anything you find funny on this show was a result of writers. His personality is terrible and he never makes a situation funny.

On the other hand, the roots are amazing.

I wish they kept conan and leno where they were.

Why are the Roots so quiet throughout the show?

I think one of the "off" things about Fallon's foray is that the band doesn't chime in or play quirky tunes after one-liners like they do on Leno or Conan.

When he's doing the stand-up in the beginning, he NEEDS the band to offset the silence and participate. It's like he's alone up there and the writers expect their material to be gold, when it isn't.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I liked how him saying "Jimmycam" was funnier than the actual skit itself.

Magnus

TheGreatDave said:
I have no idea why people like Jay Leno. I'd watch Fallon over him.

Seconded.

Although fuck, with Akerman, he wouldn't shut the fuck up; interviews should definitely have some back and forth, instead of just letting the guest lecture for 10 minutes straight, but he wouldn't let her get a word in most of the time! So irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom