• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgbball31

I don't remember if I mapped it to space or if it is already mapped there, but I use locked camera whenever I am in a team fight. It can really help me keep track of where I am, especially if I miss-click as an ADC and start walking into the middle of the fray.

Boken

Banned
I don't remember if I mapped it to space or if it is already mapped there, but I use locked camera whenever I am in a team fight. It can really help me keep track of where I am, especially if I miss-click as an ADC and start walking into the middle of the fray.

yeah space is nice for resetting focus, or snapping back to char when you move to another place on the map

ps. you can use the hp bar colour changer to make your own position more obvious

Just a question about the camera. If you see a enemy champion skittering around the edge of your field of view, does he show up on the minimap?

bgbball31

I am really starting to hate people in this game. I'm not good enough to carry a game, and for the most part play because I have fun, but I do enjoy playing in the meta and understand why it exists the way it does. Being pre-30 (level 28) and playing normal blind pick though, people just don't listen or talk.

No one plays Jungle, very rarely do I see a support, people don't go by call order, and very rarely listen in game. Last game I played, I ended up with no jungler, no support, and two ADC on my team. Needless to say, it didn't end well, but even within the game no one listened. I told op, since with there being no jungler we ended up with a duo top, that once they got an advantage to have one of them start roaming. Instead, I got my lane steamrolled when I was Syndra against an AP Yi (because I have yet to figure out how to beat him) and never got anyone from the top to come and help, even though they each had a kill, when Yi kept pushing me to tower.

I know it was my fault that we lost because I let the Yi snowball, but I asked for help and it never came, and it just kept getting worse, because people just don't listen.

Side note: The lobby I was just in someone wanted to play support Ezreal. Dodged that one...

Sorry, /minirant, just on a losing streak and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't play blind pick. Draft is right there. You barely have to move your mouse.

Don't play blind pick. Draft is right there. You barely have to move your mouse.

In normals.

Do you have the same ELO in Draft than in Blind?

I've only played Blind pick, and I think I should start playing Draft. But if the ELO is shared, then I'll have some bad games. I've never played Jungle nor Support, and I've only played twice Solo Top.... and I've played around 120 matches. (Counting defeats)

Edit.: Yeah, I only play bot adc or mid... for now.

Ferga

First game, my adc get outfarmed by 100cs at 20minutes. I don't even know how.

Second game, i support a graves to go legendary in lane then he goes and dashes into a fed syndra 3 times in a row and brings absolutely nothing in the game after laning.

Third game, bot lane goes 0/5 at 11minutes in. And I have a voli who runs behind enemy turrets to gank and flips the bloody enemy even deeper into the enemy base. So he practically suicides and blames the laners for not helping.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wanna be the very best.

T9rMgVV.png

Brought my love for the 'plank to new highs tonight. One win as Jungleplank, played pretty well I think but they had a DC at 15m. Then another win in a craaaazy game as Midplank. Against a double mid that Xin camped HARD. It was a fun game, if intensely frustrating at times.

This is a really bad mentality. If there are roles you don't know learn them.

Yeah, I have and will work in that.

___

Amazing.

We lost everything since minute 45. Not even a single tower or inhibitor. We managed to survive so long, the enemy team took two times Baron, we managed to get 4 ACE's but the minions were everywhere, we only have time to go and take the first 2 towers and almost the third one.

It was epic. No one even hinted to surrender or anything, just everyone commiting to the objetive, surviving, playing so smart, I was at Mumble with a friend and we were laughing like crazy, "the minons, the minions, push, push, back, back, grab one, take it down".

Damn.

It really was an awesome match, I don't mind defeats like this. I'm sure we have more fun than the enemy team that won (since if not by the overwhelming super minions, we would have won).

My friend said he doesn't feel his arms now, haha.
(And he also said that, if that had been a ranked game, he would have thrown his PC through the window. cursing like mad. haha)

Also, at the end I had like 4k gold, but I had finished my build... what would you do in that case? sell something and buy something else? guardian angel maybe?

Just tested Phanteon in a custom with a friend, he seems fairly easy... in early-mid game. I don't know how he will do late game... I just don't see him doing much late game. I suppose that is what good pantheon players excels... staying strong even in late game.

Ferga

I'm still waiting for that renekton skin

Oh dear lord sejuani top. Good bye gold 4.

Holy shit. Why can't i just win a game?

I'm still waiting for that renekton skin

Oh dear lord sejuani top. Good bye gold 4.

Holy shit. Why can't i just win a game?

I know that feel.

Start off in S4, have two consistent runs at promotion to S3. Since then, went on a massive losing streak and now i'm in the doldrums of S5, getting 11P for a win, and losing the same amount for a loss - this system is pure BS - i go on a 5W streak and still get 11P for the 5th win.

I get paired with clowns every game.

What the actual fuck, Riot?

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta share this one...

ibbAHLdq0iu1va.png

I think this was probably the best lux match I've ever played. not really amazing numbers but it was a case of constant push then perfect ganks, perfect double snares and snipes, etc. the only bad thing it happened was getting a weird fps drop and leaving mao to die at a pretty good countergank he set up.

just sharing it because it shows how to carry as a mid, or any role for that matter. if you're ahead because your jungler was kind enough to gank you and give you a kill, take that advantage elsewhere and help your other lanes. at that match top was losing and bot was doing pretty bad (though teemo was a time bomb for his own team :p). I ganked top twice and bot once and just set the balance in our favor. I gotta start doing this more, it's not always as easy as it is against anivia but still.

I'm trying morellos instead of athene's now and it's kinda nice, it's ridiculously cost effective with kage's gp10 and the overall low price, but the build path is kinda annoying, one fairie charm doesn't cut it if you don't regularly get blue buff and I end up spending way too much on blue pots. I'm thinking a good path for it is starting out flask and getting a kage's+fairie charm on your first back. either that or just buy another fairie charm and leave it there until I get morellos, it may be cheaper than the blue pots.

I'm also buying doublepen marks, I'm 7 outta 9 right now. they're pretty good, I'm really happy with them.

FINALLY I WON ONE. THANK YOU AKALI.

How did I not lose gold4 after losing 4 games at 0 points. I'm amazed.
congrats, I know dem feels.

y2dvd

The brunette girl who host the European tournies is so hot. She seems to speak fluently in French too. Too sexy!

Ferga

I'm trying morellos instead of athene's now and it's kinda nice, it's ridiculously cost effective with kage's gp10 and the overall low price, but the build path is kinda annoying, one fairie charm doesn't cut it if you don't regularly get blue buff and I end up spending way too much on blue pots. I'm thinking a good path for it is starting out flask and getting a kage's+fairie charm on your first back. either that or just buy another fairie charm and leave it there until I get morellos, it may be cheaper than the blue pots.

I'm also buying doublepen marks, I'm 7 outta 9 right now. they're pretty good, I'm really happy with them.

congrats, I know dem feels.

My lux build:

Start faerie charm, 2 blue pots, 3 red pots and a ward. On first b, I should be able to get tear of goddess+boots+2 wards and 1-3 red pots.

If I can't buy those items, I'll know I haven't been farming well enough or I've been pushed out of lane. If this happens, I go chalice into athenes (I really hate this route though, prevents lux's early game instagibs). If I go this route, i'll end up doing nothing but farming. I ask the jungler not to gank unless I need serious help.

If I do go tear, it's pretty much a free win now. I'll build it up, stand in the mid bushes or near the wraiths and fire some Q-E-Rs to harass with an endless supply of mana. On the next b, I either get haunting guise or a large rod. Haunting guise (and then rabadons) if i'm vsing assassins like talon/kat/diana/etc.. Large rod for everything else. Then I finish the rabadons and begin building a codex for morellos. Then void staff.

I usually juggle between sorc shoes and ionian boots depending on the situation. If i'm really ahead, i'll buy sorc boots to ensure kills with the Q-E-R combo. If i'm just farming, i'll just keep boots 1 until I finish my rabadons (I run 2 ms quints to help in counter ganking and following the enemy mid).

I'll get ionian boots if i have a support score like 1/4/16. Rather donate the buff and get 40% cdr through items to be a wave clearer/cc/shield machine.

MedIC86

I recently got into LoL again, but before im gonna invest a lot of time in LoL or Dota 2, what are some of the pro's/con's you guys think? comparing those two games.
I played LoL like more then a year ago but was scared away by the immaturity of the community.

Boken

Banned
I recently got into LoL again, but before im gonna invest a lot of time in LoL or Dota 2, what are some of the pro's/con's you guys think? comparing those two games.
I played LoL like more then a year ago but was scared away by the immaturity of the community.

the immaturity hasnt changed too much, maybe like 5% better due to the honour system. the Dota community is also pretty bad unfortunately, so youre screwed either way.

my suggestion is to play the game you have the most friends with, since that is probably the most fun way to play these games.

or the one you like the art style of

Blizzard

Banned
I know that feel.

Start off in S4, have two consistent runs at promotion to S3. Since then, went on a massive losing streak and now i'm in the doldrums of S5, getting 11P for a win, and losing the same amount for a loss - this system is pure BS - i go on a 5W streak and still get 11P for the 5th win.

I get paired with clowns every game.

What the actual fuck, Riot?
Remember in the old system how if you played enough ranked, your rewards would go down, and no matter what you did, you would win or lose like 11 points per game? Presumably what happens is the same sort of thing, where if you play enough games, the system figures that statistically you deserve to be where you are, so you're going to get very little adjustments to your position for winning or losing. Something about the MMR/confidence (MatchMaking Rating). So old system or new, going anywhere will take a long time.

Actually, it may take even longer with the new system. With the old system, wasn't silver 1250 and gold 1500? Let's even be generous and say you needed 300 elo to get from silver to gold. Now if I'm not greatly mistaken, the minimum elo change once you'd played like 200 ranked games in season 2 was +/- 11. So for 300, let's round up and say 28 straight wins.

With the new system, starting at silver V and going to gold I, if what you describe turns out to be a general rule and you get +/- 11 LP for each game, you would need 10 straight wins for each of the 5 tiers (possibly 1-3 extra when you near the top of silver I since the game ramps your reward down there to make sure you're not on a streak or whatever). In addition, assuming you never lose, you would need 2 promotion game victories for the first four tiers, and 3 (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) for the final upgrade 3/5 promotion match. So, (5*10) + (2*4 + 3) = 61.

So, season 3 is supposed to give you a better feeling of making progress, but it sounds like you're stuck with winning roughly 60 straight instead of 30 straight, for DOUBLE the number of hours you would have previously had to put into the game, to go from silver to gold.

Scy or other math people, if there are hard numbers that prove otherwise by all means post them, these are based on what Terbinator posted and what my S2 experience was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom