• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

It's fairly common knowledge that whoever sets up a table is going through the table, right?

I always find it interesting to watch these plunder matches and see guys setting up tables for spots, knowing they're going through it soon after.

somedevil

Here is Meltzer's star ratings for Extreme Rules:

Neville vs Barrett: 3 1/4 stars
Ambrose vs Harper: 2 1/2 stars
Ziggler vs Sheamus: 3 1/4 stars
New Day vs Cesaro and Kidd: 3 3/4 stars
Cena vs Rusev: 2 1/4 stars
Nikki vs Naomi: 2 1/2 stars
Reigns vs Big Show: 4 Stars
Rollins vs Orton: 3 1/4 stars

Its funny but in Reigns 4 single matches has gotten 2 4 stars and 2 4.5 star ratings. The man is on a 4 star match streak right now.

Fox318

It's fairly common knowledge that whoever sets up a table is going through the table, right?

I always find it interesting to watch these plunder matches and see guys setting up tables for spots, knowing they're going through it soon after.

Its the safe thing to do.

Would you let Miz put you through a table he set up?

Kaladin

Its funny but in Reigns 4 single matches has gotten 2 4 stars and 2 4.5 star ratings. The man is on a 4 star match streak right now.

I'll be the first to say it, Reigns is good when they let him shine.

Fox318

Just watched the Mankind -Rock title match (Butts in seats).

Shane McMachon is fucking amazing in the background.

tumblr_nnimv6rVgV1qksbhvo4_400.gif

#KING

Striker

King Barrett has a great look, can talk on the mic good, can wrestle good, what's not to like. But creative treats him like a geek unfortunately. But as long as he's in the midcard he'll continue losing more than he wins. Maybe once he gets to the main event it'll be different...
He looked like a total goof during that entire IC title run and build-up to his WM defense. Now he's suppose to be taken seriously - again. Or maybe not.

It's a cycle they always do with both men and women and it's tiresome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who has more 4 star matches, Reigns or the Young Bucks?

Keep in mind, Reigns doesn't even shill for Meltzerz like the Young Bucks do.

JavyOO7

Roman Reigns has been doing hot in regards to star ratings in his matches. What does this mean? It may mean that Vince was right about choosing Roman as his new horse! #BaleeDat

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On Austins podcast he had Meltzer on and Austin asked him what did he like about wrestling, what was his favorite thing about wrestling.

Meltzer had no answer and seemed perplexed by the question.

Well, what would you answer? I'd be hard pressed to pin down my favorite thing. I mean, I guess "entrances" are one of my favorite things, honestly. I love a badass entrance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW Saturday Night by 1997 is depressing. Everything is diva length clips of matches.

You got Vicious & Delicious vs Steinrs and you're only showing 2 minutes of it? Come on.

Roman's been blessed in terms of the matches he's worked. He did a match with Orton, who's an excellent worker with a steady formula that just about anybody can be plugged into. He worked a match with Bryan, whose sense of pacing and storytelling is unparalleled and who gave him a great canvas to make him look like a hard-hitting, pain-defying son of a bitch. He worked a main event match that you can tell was planned down to the last detail by the WWE's very best (probably Pat Patterson). And Big Show, while he's lazy and out-of-shape, has that quality that people still really like to see people beat him up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm putting together "A Night Under the Stars - A WrassleGAF Night" - 1.5 hours of fun.

Hope you all will attend.

XoXUHzd.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Rank 'em:
Paul London
Evan Bourne
Billy Kidman
Neville
Justin Gabriel
Evan Karagias
John Morrison
Brian Kendrick

Really really hard. For star power and the Bret Hart Plus scale, I'd say...

1. Morrison
2. Neville
3. Kendrick
4. London
5. Bourne
6. Kidman
7. Gabriel
8. No idea who this is

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Really really hard. For star power and the Bret Hart Plus scale, I'd say...

1. Morrison
2. Neville
3. Kendrick
4. London
5. Bourne
6. Kidman
7. Gabriel
8. No idea who this is

Karagias was a WCW cruiserweight that followed the Kidman model -- small, white, does flips, and only "one" can exist. Watching Tough Enough Season 2 -- the trainers call out Morrison's ego early in his life that carried over and commented: "He looks to be into wrestling because it could get him into acting." Little did they know after the said no to him in S2 and then accepted him in S3 that Morrison would go on to WWE to only quit so he could act haha. They called it 8-10 years prior.

Oersted

Chekovs gun for first graders

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Does anyone recall a WWE Raw or Smackdown where a match didn't work out well live, and they just redid the match and inserted the second attempt into the later airings?

I know it happened at least a few times, at least once with Sin Cara Versión Uno, but even that I find hard to find info on.

Top Bottom