• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

somedevil

On the subject of Punk's sister, she totally calls him "Punk" all the time, and not just to maintain keyfabe, right?

3 of the matches were great, IMO, but had terrible endings, which have a tendency to spoil things. It might not be fair, but it's what it is.

Really, they all had bad endings or is it endings you didn't want. The top 3 matches were great and the Orton and Kane match was fine. Every major site enjoyed the pay per view. The only negative is the Lesnar and Cena ending, but that can't ruin a very good pay per view.

Its fine to be negative but here that sometimes becomes insanely exaggerated.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Heath Slater has the most head scratching gimmick. One Man Rock Band... ok I get that, he's a rocker. One Man SOUTHERN Rock Band... seriously, is Southern Rock a thing now? Or ever?
He should actually roll with a "I'm Kane's son" gimmick. It would guarantee him a job with the WWE for life.

This is no hyperbole, and no exaggeration: The WWE Mass Effect 3'd Extreme Rules. A story is only as good as its ending. You people can delude yourselves, but the truth will come to light soon enough.
Yep, a good ending can make people think something is truly extraordinary. Case in point: Red Dead Redemption.

Really, they all had bad endings or is it endings you didn't want. The top 3 matches were great and the Orton and Kane match was fine. Every major site enjoyed the pay per view. The only negative is the Lesnar and Cena ending, but that can't ruin a very good pay per view.

Its fine to be negative but here that sometimes becomes insanely exaggerated.
Let's look at the endings for the top 3 matches
Sheamus/Bryan: Sheamus gets beat to hell and back, hits a "half" brogue kick, then does his 5MOD for the win.
Jericho/Punk: Punk gets beat to hell and back near the end, including hit with a Codebreaker on chair, and then swiftly comes back with the GTS and the win.
Brock/Cena: Cena gets beat to hell and back for the whole match, and then swiftly comes back with a chain shot and AA for the win.

That's bad. Like, really fucking bad.

Amazing that we're letting an otherwise great pay-per-view drown in bitter fanboy tears.

Agreed after calming down from the typical "Cena won lol" rage I thought last night was great, I dont even care that cena won now cause he will be off tv for a little while nowBrock will go on a 10 month killing spree, D-Bry had an amazing match and will be seen as a main event talent, and Cofy won. Who cares if Vince blew a ton of potential money last night by having Lesnar lose he's losing money out of his pocket, I doubt any of us will see any money if they do more buys so what do we care. Now I'm excited to see where they go from here, super hype for Raw.

Well duh. I said parts were enjoyable. Don't misconstrue that as me saying "GOD DAMN THIS PPV WAS HOT FIRE SON." I thought you knew me better than that, dawg?

And I thought you knew when I say "YOU PEOPLE" that you ain't part of that. C'mon son, I meant the rest of these jack wagons.

Yep, a good ending can make people think something is truly extraordinary. Case in point: Red Dead Redemption.

Nope. Not gonna do it. I can no longer devote my energy to squabbles with crazy wrestling fans. You guys will reach enlightenment soon enough.

Kaladin

I just noticed the new thread......why didn't someone tell me? I was still posting in the old one like a geek.

somedevil

Nope. Not gonna do it. I can no longer devote my energy to squabbles with crazy wrestling fans. You guys will reach enlightenment soon enough.

I hope you just kidding because being condescending to people that disagree with you by making sound like they love everything Vince offers them doesn't help the conversation. It just makes it worse.

Jackson50

Amazing that we're letting an otherwise great pay-per-view drown in bitter fanboy tears.
Hey, it's John Cena. Love him or hate him, people care about him. He's the only superstar that can generate this much excitement. And whether you boo him or cheer him, he'll rise above. As he did last night, this past decade, and even his whole life, he'll never back down.

jmdajr

And I thought you knew when I say "YOU PEOPLE" that you ain't part of that. C'mon son, I meant the rest of these jack wagons.

Hey, take it easy.

It's a shame really. We don't have that many wrestling posters to begin with and many are pissed off all the time. Fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I wish the forum was more balanced.... It seems a lot more so in other wrestling related forums. Like I was saying, if there are people here that like certain aspects of the product they should say so. Who cares what anyone else thinks. I have to be ok with people being upset all the time even though TO ME, it seems ridiculous. I just don't view wrestling as something to be mad about. I am either engaged in it or not. And most of the time I'm engaged enough.

This is no hyperbole, and no exaggeration: The WWE Mass Effect 3'd Extreme Rules. A story is only as good as its ending. You people can delude yourselves, but the truth will come to light soon enough.

You will all look up to me and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."
Are you going to send Vince 1000 cupcakes to show just how angry you are?

I hope you just kidding because being condescending to people that disagree with you by making sound like they love everything Vince offers them doesn't help the conversation. It just makes it worse.

Hey, take it easy.

It's a shame really. We don't have that many wrestling posters to begin with and many are pissed off all the time. Fine everyone is entitled to their opinion but I wish the forum was more balanced.... It seems a lot more so in other wrestling related forums. Like I was saying, if there are people here that like certain aspects of the product they should say so. Who cares what anyone else thinks. I have to be ok with people being upset all the time even though TO ME, it seems ridiculous. I just don't view wrestling as something to be mad about. I am either engaged in it or not. And most of the time I'm engaged enough.

:lol You guys should venture into the NBA threads, and GAF-Hop to get the tough love treatment. I'm being facetious. Feel free to post your positive opinions, and know that my eventual wrath is
mostly
jokes.

Maybe we should start calling these threads Action Post Opera™. Mad emotions up in dis piece.

Are you going to send Vince 1000 cupcakes to show just how angry you are?

Only if the DLC can fix the last 8 years.

jmdajr

:lol You guys should venture into the NBA threads, and GAF-Hop to get the tough love treatment. I'm being facetious. Feel free to post your positive opinions, and know that my eventual wrath is
mostly
jokes.

Maybe we should start calling these threads Action Post Opera™. Mad emotions up in dis piece.

Lets focus on our community why don't we. Let's face it, we chase posters away. It doesn't hurt to let people know not everyone is insanely down on the product.

Without Wrasslegaf there is no wrestling for me. Has been this way for a long time.

I need to laugh at and cry about thing with others.

YES! YES! YES!

You know, even though I didn't like the endings of Cena/Lesnar and Bryan/Sheamus I still liked the PPV.

Am I not allowed to post here anymore now?

This NxT thing might just work

USHKD.gif

yHtCk.gif

iAcAP5ue5IfVy.jpg
ibdgvfZNbaiI9D.jpg
ib26ipI4Mpy8KM.jpg

• EVOLVE 12; Fit Finlay vs Jon Davis, AR Fox vs Sami Callihan, Johnny Gargano & Samuray del Sol vs Chuck Taylor & Silas Young
  • ROH - Border Wars; Davey Richards (c) vs Kevin Steen, Roderick Strong vs Fit Finlay, The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team, Lance Storm vs Mike Bennett
  • EVOLVE 13; El Generico vs Sami Callihan, AR Fox vs Jigsaw vs Samuray Del Sol vs Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano (c) vs winner of the 4-way.

I also decided that I won't be purchasing anymore ROH iPPVs, mostly due to this:

That's pretty damn shitty if true. I really want to see Finlay/Strong, but I'm not dropping $15 blind again if that's the kind of attitude the Sinclair guys have towards the fans.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Heh, it's a little weird but harmless in my opinion. It's not like when everyone chased Heavy off. Granted he sometimes wasn't so nice either, but we could get along better.
He's just joking. There isn't a single poster who left cause of the Kane Klique.

Hell, I consider Net to be the founder of the Kane Klique.

Heh, it's a little weird but harmless in my opinion. It's not like when everyone chased Heavy off. Granted he sometimes wasn't so nice either, but we could get along better.

lmao, nobody chased Heavy off. That guy is legit crazy. Heavy's worst enemy was Heavy....and showers.

He's just joking. There isn't a single poster who left cause of the Kane Klique.

Hell, I consider Net to be the founder of the Kane Klique.

Oh God, what a twist. Only right we emulate Russo.

jmdajr

lmao, nobody chased Heavy off. That guy is legit crazy. Heavy's worst enemy was Heavy....and showers.

I guess... But I felt his opinions just weren't welcome. Sure to be fair, he could just ignored it and kept on business as usual...or ignored whoever was pissing him off.

Bryan1321

Banned
Posting just beacuese jmdajr asked more people to post

A few impressions on the results of Extreme Rules

Disclaimer: I started watching WWE Since WM26 so everything before that event its unknown to me (I knew about the rock for the movies, not for wrestling), so this can be labelled as impressions of a Mark

D Brine VS Sheamus

As the only match i fully watched i have to say it was a entertaining but very slow match, the whole match Bryan dominated and i thought it was a smart move to play the DQ card only to get the second fall easily, Sheamus did the exact same thing as Cena has done before with a miracle return. I thought it had a bad and predictive ending

And it looks like the end for bryan being in the tittle picture

CM PUNK vs Jericho

I expected so much since this feud started back in Wrestlemania, but it has been only dissapoint, why the hell would you threat the WWE champion with a guy that can barely beat Kofi Kingston, as back in mania it seemed like he had no chances, and being this in Chicago it was a given that Punk was retaining.

To the match itself, i expected something more espectacular than the typical elbow from the corner to the commentary table. In the logic side, how was punk able to resist a code-breaker with a chair? but no, theres no logic here, its the WWE

Thats all from extrem rules i have to say

From Raw, Im looking forward to see brock lesnar as a full time wrestler (yeah right), and not seeing the rock situation again (fight on PPV, Only talk on raw)

Note: Excuse the bad grammar

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess... But I felt his opinions just weren't welcome. Sure to be fair, he could just ignored it and kept on business as usual...or ignored whoever was pissing him off.

He got personally mad at people for saying something different than him. He got WAY too emotional over stuff. Like, I've never seen anyone get that bad.

jmdajr

Posting just beacuese jmdajr asked more people to post

A few impressions on the results of Extreme Rules

Disclaimer: I started watching WWE Since WM26 so everything before that event its unknown to me (I knew about the rock for the movies, not for wrestling), so this can be labelled as impressions of a Mark

Lol..I watched Wreslemania 6 LIVE on PPV. I still have the VHS I used to record it from my our analog satellite dish. It's amazing how long I have been watching. One tv show I had never quit. Man I'm old.

Hey thanks for sharing,

Bryan1321

Banned
Lol..I watched Wreslemania 6 LIVE on PPV. I still have the VHS I used to record it from my our analog satellite dish. It's amazing how long I have been watching. One tv show I had never quit watching.

Well ill be dammned, thats a lot of time haha

I know im LTTP but i been watching without keeping track since that day, I hope gaf could aprecciate a marks opinion or at least see how different its the way i see a match to everyone else.

I watch NXT, I fast forward through some of it but I still watch it.

Kaitlyn is the reason.

Well, since AJ 'moved up' anyway.

This is actually a really interesting perspective to have on the show, you should post more.

Out of curiosity, in the time you've been watching what are some of the matches you've enjoyed most/least?

Top Bottom