• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Khrno

The effect of not sleeping enough.

He so selfless, he rather put people to sleep than sleep himself.

sXvQl.gif

As much as I love Punk, he seems to have at least one big botch in like every PPV match. Didn't he land directly on his ass one time when he was supposed to flip out of an AA and land on his feet?

Punk generally tries to do things that are right on the cusp of what he's actually capable of. The problem with this is that his body doesn't work the same way when he's practicing a move as it does when he's at the tail end of a big match.

To be honest botching in that sense doesn't bother me, because he doesn't call attention to it in an obvious way, it pretty well never stops the flow of the match, and it's not the type of botch where he's missing by a mile but pretending it hit.

Punk generally tries to do things that are right on the cusp of what he's actually capable of. The problem with this is that his body doesn't work the same way when he's practicing a move as it does when he's at the tail end of a big match.

To be honest botching in that sense doesn't bother me, because he doesn't call attention to it in an obvious way, it pretty well never stops the flow of the match, and it's not the type of botch where he's missing by a mile but pretending it hit.

Yeah, it rarely disrupts the flow especially when he's against someone like Jericho. Like when he presumably slipped springing into the ring at Extreme and Jericho immediately started working on the leg he landed on. They just took it as an opportunity for Jericho to swing momentum instead of Punk getting up while Jericho stumbles around again to attempt the same spot.

(though I don't know for sure if it was a botch, if not it looked like an incredibly uncomfortable way to set that up)

Khrno

He has botched it many times already, seems like he gets a little hot-headed and loses his concentration when jumping onto the third rope

27208_o.gif

Kaladin

Remember when RAW first started airing live and Vince McMahon said something like "If we mess up it's live tv and we'll just make out like it was meant to happen that way."

Aiii

So not worth it
I haven't missed JoMo for a second, he can stay gone for all I care. I hear TNA is great for a lazy paycheck.

Remember the awesome JoMo/Sheamus ladder match and then the following big spots at the RR and EC in 2011? I was sure he was finally on the way up but all it took was one month for a drastic shift in direction.

I've been catching up over the last couple of days due to my gf getting food poisoning, but I really like where everything is going. Of course there are oddities and Taco Bell matches here and there, but overall the WWE product has been better than previous years.

I've been marking out like when I was a kid...hell, I even find Cena bearable now, considering how much of an asswhooping he's been getting lately.

maxxpower

I've been catching up over the last couple of days due to my gf getting food poisoning, but I really like where everything is going. Of course there are oddities and Taco Bell matches here and there, but overall the WWE product has been better than previous years.

I've been marking out like when I was a kid...hell, I even find Cena bearable now, considering how much of an asswhooping he's been getting lately.

You sir are wrong.

I feel kind of sorry for TNA wrestlers. I don't watch as much indy wrestling as some here, but I watch enough and whenever I hear of someone making the jump to TNA it's like they're dead to me.

Who was the last person to go from TNA to WWE? Was it Braden Walker Vance Archer?

You sir are wrong.

Fuck off

Entropia

No One Remembers
I feel kind of sorry for TNA wrestlers. I don't watch as much indy wrestling as some here, but I watch enough and whenever I hear of someone making the jump to TNA it's like they're dead to me.

Who was the last person to go from TNA to WWE? Was it Braden Walker Vance Archer?

Christian?

Bowser

Looks like Vince only brought in Bork Laser to put over WWE people, so Bork won't be beating Mr. H's whenever he faces him.

Ithil

Looks like Vince only brought in Bork Laser to put over WWE people, so Bork won't be beating Mr. H's whenever he faces him.

Because if there are people in WWE who aren't established and are rising stars who need a big win, it's John Cena and Triple H.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, Cena needs to win over the crowd and Trips still needs to get to the Austin/Rock pop-level, so pretty much, yeah.

Bowser

Because if there are people in WWE who aren't established and are rising stars who need a big win, it's John Cena and Triple H.

Yep. He'll probably only put over guys in big events too:

SummerSlam: Mr. H's/Orton
Survivor Series: Rock?
Royal Rumble: Orton/Mr. H's (whoever he didn't face at SS) (edit: also either Cena or Rock will win the Rumble and will have a rematch for the WWE title at WM)
WrestleMania: Undertaker

All guys who need to be elevated!!!

Ryback will be world champion by the end of the year. How cool would it be if Daniel Bryan beats CM Punk at Over the Limit, next night he issues an open challenge, Ryback's music hits, rushes the ring, clothesline, new world champ in 7 seconds.

maxxpower

Ryback will be world champion by the end of the year. How cool would it be if Daniel Bryan beats CM Punk at Over the Limit, next night he issues an open challenge, Ryback's music hits, rushes the ring, clothesline, new world champ in 7 seconds.

Don't let Vince read this.

Khrno

That's impossible. Sheamus is the World champion, not CM Punk.

Rhyhorn isn't even working all that safe yet, he's not going to win a world title

You've established this pattern off of his one match?

jmdajr

Did you get hard thinking about this?

Bowser

You've established this pattern off of his one match?

Nah, according to Wrestling Observer:

Furthermore, it's being said that WWE's current mentality as far as Lesnar is concerned is that he should be used to put major talent over in the company, as he is on a limited WWE schedule and likely won't be around after WrestleMania next year.

UberTag

I know you're joking here, but people shouldn't be naive enough to think this can't happen.

Sheamus went from repeatedly squashing Jamie Noble into retirement to WWE Champ in less than a month. No reason the same can't apply for Ryback.

Zhengi

I haven't missed JoMo for a second, he can stay gone for all I care. I hear TNA is great for a lazy paycheck.

Besides the awful Starship Pain move of his, the guy was very talented and did some amazing athletic moves. He could have been a great wrestler for the WWE if they only gave him a chance, imo.

Bowser

Quoting the Observer as truth. HAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!

Meh, doesn't seem far fetched. And actually, I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment. I disagree with him putting over guys like HHH and Taker (if he faces Taker at WM). Dude's a big money draw, might as well have him help cement the position of guys like Punk, Bryan, etc. and have fresh feuds instead of rehashed stuff like Taker/Lesnar, Rock/Lesnar, etc. (I guess HHH/Lesnar is a fresh feud but Trips should really just end his in-ring career at this point). Otherwise, what's the point of signing him for big money for a year if he's just gonna put over guys that are already established?

Vince McMahon used to call Dave Meltzer and talk to him directly in the early to mid 90s and been covering wrestling for almost 30 years. His memory is insane too with some of the matches and dates he remembers. Most reputable wrestling news reporter out there.

Top Bottom