• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Preorder Bonus (MGS: Saga) appearing in Gamestop

LiK

Firewire said:
I just got a call back from her, she told me to go to the store in a half hour and pick it up. She stated that she's going to be calling a number of stores personally, she blamed this screw up on employee's not reading e-mails sent out by their head office.

I found her to be really nice, my EB tried to screw me out of my PS3 launch pre-order and she handled that for me, getting me my PS3 at launch with a free game as well.

glad to hear it. seems like those employees are just winging it through rumors rather than fact.

Firewire

Banned
Adamrogo said:
Which store location did you preorder the PS3 at?

Richmond Hill, I don't know the store number or anything.

I didn't make a fuss about the PS3 pre-order or anything, I got a call latter in the day from the district manager telling me to come by and pick up a PS3, which the store told me they didn't have.

Adamrogo

Banned
Firewire said:
Richmond Hill, I don't know the store number or anything.

I didn't make a fuss about the PS3 pre-order or anything, I got a call latter in the day from the district manager telling me to come by and pick up a PS3, which the store told me they didn't have.

Behind Silvercity, amirite?

Because that's not how I heard it :p

Firewire

Banned
Adamrogo said:
Behind Silvercity, amirite?

Because that's not how I heard it :p

Yeah there's a Silver City, right around the corner. In terms of how "you heard it" I don't think you are talking about me. I went on launch to pick up my PS3, they told me they only got so many, and to check in latter in the day or the next morning because they were expecting more, that was fine with me.

There was another guy there before me that was just leaving and the girl behind the counter told me he made a big fuss about it, I gathered something was wrong by the way he stormed out of the store.

lol I go to pick up my friend yesterday and he just hands me one. Apparently he knows some guy that is just dishing them out like candy. Good thing I didn't have to preorder like some chump

So I checked with North end Whitby EBGames and he said they have 31 pre-orders and 34 SAGA discs in stock. Sent my GF there and she was able to grab one :D

Meltdown avoided

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
user friendly said:
So I checked with North end Whitby EBGames and he said they have 31 pre-orders and 34 SAGA discs in stock. Sent my GF there and she was able to grab one :D

Meltdown avoided

You know best buy has a ton of them.

edit: is there best buy in canda?

Kagari said:
The LE is GameStop exclusive.
Well, that's kinda fucked up for us Europeans.

Is there any way that I can pre-order MGS4 at the site of GS and will I still be able to receive the Saga disc?

Any confirmation for an European LE btw?

neojubei said:
You know best buy has a ton of them.

edit: is there best buy in canda?

There is Best Buys in Canada but I called them before calling the EB my GF got it from and all the BB's I tried didn't have any or knew wth I was talking about.

Either way, I got it now.

Silicon Knight said:
Well, that's kinda fucked up for us Europeans.

Is there any way that I can pre-order MGS4 at the site of GS and will I still be able to receive the Saga disc?

Any confirmation for an European LE btw?

There's no official confirmation yet but I've heard of two people who claim to have pre-ordered a European LE which apparently comes with a figurine. It might be worth asking in-store.

LiK

user friendly said:
There is Best Buys in Canada but I called them before calling the EB my GF got it from and all the BB's I tried didn't have any or knew wth I was talking about.

Either way, I got it now.

and the LE is GS exclusive. BB only has the regular version.

Mojovonio

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
You mean you don't know why people get multiple copies of possibly rare items?

Everyone who pre-ordered the game got one. Hell, by what I just read, some people got 2!

We're not talking about Bigfoot turds here.

Mojovonio said:
You pre-ordered the game twice?

Actually 3 times. I have yet to pick up my last copy. They will look real nice with the 3 Saga Vol. 1 discs that I also own. If I have a son in the future, I would like to give him something special for his birthday.

Mojovonio

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:
Actually 3 times. I have yet to pick up my last copy. They will look real nice with the 3 Saga Vol. 1 discs that I also own. If I have a son in the future, I would like to give him something special for his birthday.

But are you going to buy the game 3 times or will you ask for your 5 bucks back?

Not trying to mock you, just curious.

Yes Boss!

Mojovonio said:
But are you going to buy the game 3 times or will you ask for your 5 bucks back?

Nah, the collectors are probably just paying $5 for a limited Saga Vol. 2 DVD. Even I got a second when I found out Gamecrazy got them a week early then picked up my normal preorder at Gamestop a week later. Will I buy two games? No, I'll just pick it up at Gamecrazy and transfer the $5 deposit at Gamestop to another title.

Mojovonio said:

$15 bucks for 3 copies of soon to be rara Metal Gear items. Ask yourself, is it worth it?

Let's put it in perspective, I pre-ordered two Premium bundles.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DancingCactus77 said:

I got shafted on my MGS3 preorder and didn't get volume 1. I am also available for adoption.

Mojovonio

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:
$15 bucks for 3 copies of soon to be rara Metal Gear items. Ask yourself, is it worth it?

Let's put it in perspective, I pre-ordered two Premium bundles.

Is it going to be rare though?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mojovonio said:
You pre-ordered the game twice?
I preordered 4 times. MGS4 is serious business.

Got 4 Saga dvds too. I think I could get a 5th one cause one Gamestop didnt even bother check my preorder receipt. Just handed it to me.

Edit: I'm buying it 4 times to support NPD numbers and to reach Konami's goal to 1 million on day one

Yes Boss!

Mojovonio said:
Is it going to be rare though?

Well, they are going for $20 on eBay right now as we speak. Probably due to the Beta Code of course and folks in other countries but, yeah, i reckon they will be worth quite a markup in the coming years for those willing to wait.

I pre-ordered 3 copies (1 regular, 2 LE) because I've been collecting the MGS games for my personal collection. The regular edition I'll probably play, one of the LEs will be gutted so that I can watch the extra stuff and the other LE will be sealed.

Heck, I'm planning on getting the JP copies (1 regular & 1 CE-not including the one coming with my JP bundle) and possibly the European releases because I'm a collector. Plus, I have a discount at GS, so it doesn't really bother me, as most of my other GS friends would probably just give me the dvds if I asked because they know how big of a fan I am of the series.

LiK

Strider2K99 said:
If it's anything like MGS Vol. 1, I think it will be.

it won't be rare. like neojubei and i have said, we saw a shitload of them at our best buy. vol 1 was exclusive to gamestop but vol 2 is available from GS, BB and walmart.com so far. they're making alot this time.

Firewire

Banned
Yay! Just picked up my 2 Saga DVD's!

I had two pre-orders for the LE, one to play & one for collector purposes. Only wanted 1 saga DVD, but the guy told me to take two as they had received lots of copies! Gonna give one of the beta codes to a friend so he can try it out.

LiK said:
it won't be rare. like neojubei and i have said, we saw a shitload of them at our best buy. vol 1 was exclusive to gamestop but vol 2 is available from GS, BB and walmart.com so far. they're making alot this time.

For sure there will be more Saga discs this time around. My goal is to pair them up with my Saga Vol. 1 discs. When it comes down to it, if you've got the cash and the means, why not pick up a few more copies.

Phatcorns

Auron_Kale said:
I pre-ordered 3 copies (1 regular, 2 LE) because I've been collecting the MGS games for my personal collection. The regular edition I'll probably play, one of the LEs will be gutted so that I can watch the extra stuff and the other LE will be sealed.

Heck, I'm planning on getting the JP copies (1 regular & 1 CE-not including the one coming with my JP bundle) and possibly the European releases because I'm a collector. Plus, I have a discount at GS, so it doesn't really bother me, as most of my other GS friends would probably just give me the dvds if I asked because they know how big of a fan I am of the series.

Awesome dude, but seriously, you don't need to justify yourself. You can always just tell us what you're getting, this board is made up of pretty hardcore people, I think we'll understand.

SRG01

I will stop by EB after work to see what's up with them. (Edmonton)

Does anyone have any SKU numbers I can use for them to check?

LiK

DancingCactus77 said:
For sure there will be more Saga discs this time around. My goal is to pair them up with my Saga Vol. 1 discs. When it comes down to it, if you've got the cash and the means, why not pick up a few more copies.

oh sure, people can buy as many as they want. i'm just letting you guys know that you dont need to worry about the rarity. some people still believe they wont be able to get it.

Doc Evils

Ninja Kn1ght said:
There's no official confirmation yet but I've heard of two people who claim to have pre-ordered a European LE which apparently comes with a figurine. It might be worth asking in-store.

wait wat?

Top Bottom