• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Preorder Bonus (MGS: Saga) appearing in Gamestop

AmMortal

Banned
Ninja Kn1ght said:
There's no official confirmation yet but I've heard of two people who claim to have pre-ordered a European LE which apparently comes with a figurine. It might be worth asking in-store.

wat?
WAT?

Fenix

SRG01 said:
They told me last week to expect it tomorrow too. I'll check today anyway.

*shrug*

Last week I was told the 10th, so it seems to be on track. Figured I'd check since the east coast seems to be getting theirs.

Riptwo

Good to hear that it's actually arriving in Canada. My nearest EB still wasn't sure if we'd even be getting the discs at all as of yesterday.

B33

Banned
Picked up a copy a couple days ago. Though the case was smashed at the bottom and can not be closed for some odd reason. Strange it came that way, but things happen. The disc was alright and the beta code is what really matters.

so, uh, even tho my gamestop has had the damn thing for almost a week i finally picked mine up.

the look of the case is cheap as shit. haven't opened it yet,

Copies are available all over Greater Toronto Area. Once again, people who are getting it via Regular Edition are most likely first come first serve (or pure luck) since every store is getting 30 copies for Reserve and 10 copies for first come, first serve. People with Limited Edition have their names/receipt plastered on the DVD seal to ensure that they get it. Good luck!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
shagg_187 said:
Copies are available all over Greater Toronto Area. Once again, people who are getting it via Regular Edition are most likely first come first serve (or pure luck) since every store is getting 30 copies for Reserve and 10 copies for first come, first serve. People with Limited Edition have their names/receipt plastered on the DVD seal to ensure that they get it. Good luck!

Well if you are out of luck at gamestop, just go to best buy. :lol

Anteros

Neo Member
I picked mine up in Ottawa this evening (Kanata EB Games).

Edit: The guy there said they got 20 in stock but there were only 15 pre-orders. So if you haven't pre-ordered yet, there's still a chance to get one there.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I really wish I could partake in the par-tay, but I'm waiting for the PS3 MGS bundle pack. I need to hide my pre-order disc so it won't pout at me once the beta opens.

h3ro

Just got my DVD :D

Though I had to do two things I haven't done for a game in years to get it... pay full price + tax on a game and put a pre-order down for it...

<3 CAG and Amazon :)

shagg_187 said:

Preordered the regular edition on Monday. Picked up my disc today and they had my receipt taped to the case.

DoctorWho said:
Preordered the regular edition on Monday. Picked up my disc today and they had my receipt taped to the case.

Hmm.. weird. They told everyone "Limited Edition Only!". My bro also preordered it a few weeks ago (regular edition) and they still haven't called him...

shagg_187 said:
Hmm.. weird. They told everyone "Limited Edition Only!". My bro also preordered it a few weeks ago (regular edition) and they still haven't called him...

There is some discussion a couple pages back about the "Limited Edition Only" thing being bullshit that some stores are pulling.

if you're lucky you might get it when the game ships. just yesterday if you pre-ordered on gamestop.com it said that the saga disc was backordered.

WickedLaharl said:
if you're lucky you might get it when the game ships. just yesterday if you pre-ordered on gamestop.com it said that the saga disc was backordered.
Fuck me. I guess I'll have to reside to eBay or something. MGS4 will probably be the first PAL game I buy in ages.

scoobs

Strider2K99 said:
The box has been shown before, but the voucher for PAIN is new to me. Good catch.

Woot just signed up to be notified when availabe.... you better believe I'm buying that bundle.

kylej

Banned
92863004.jpg

Victory :D

Bajan32

Got mine yesterday, but i have a question..
I got the Saga vol 2.
how do you get the vol 1?

ps man i watched everything on that disc last nite... god i am so amped its not even funny.
06/12/08 IT BEGINS!!!!
see you guys on beta soon =)

Fenix

This is getting aggravating, EB Pacific Centre still does not have it.

BUT!

It's disappeared from their coming soon list, which means it's in transit... tomorrow or Monday probably.

EGM92

Just got my Saga Vol2 DVD in Canada!

I have a question when I go to claim the code it says it's invalid, do I have to do it on the 17th? or can I input it at any time?

Thanks.

AkuMifune

Banned
Right, so I don't actually need the disc, just the code? Or do you download the beta in-game from the pre-order disc? Play-Asia's not offering the beta disc. sucks.

ACiD

Yeah, Play-Asia never gets American preorder items. It is a miracle when anyone besides Gamestop/EB does even in North America.

Top Bottom