• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama Futari 360 Thread of Region and Panties-Free Golden Explosion Shooting

Galactik

Neo Member
I only downloaded BL 4-5 days ago, but so far after 3 weeks of playing Futari, only seen the graphics glitch once and it only lasted 10 seconds tops, it just scrolled past me.

So not sure if it is related to BL or not, but I am going to try playing it on my other 360 which doesnt have BL on it and see if it ever pops up.

LiK

Galactik said:
Same here, I have been wanting to pre-order for some time now, and Futari was my first import game, so Esp 2 has my attention.
Indeed, CAVE is sitting on their asses while we anxiously wait for news of the region stuff. What's taking them so long?

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
Indeed, CAVE is sitting on their asses while we anxiously wait for news of the region stuff. What's taking them so long?

And still no import shops have the SE listed for sale yet. :-( I still have hope on the region-freeness and don't share the pessimism that the folks on the other boards have.

Also, no stick announcement which totally, totally bums me out since I'm going to be gone for the next half-year beginning monday and was really hoping to lock in a pre-order.

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
And still no import shops have the SE listed for sale yet. :-( I still have hope on the region-freeness and don't share the pessimism that the folks on the other boards have.

Also, no stick announcement which totally, totally bums me out since I'm going to be gone for the next half-year beginning monday and was really hoping to lock in a pre-order.
Where are you going?

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
Where are you going?

Job-related training in Texas...with little-to-no internet access. Hopefully if a stick is offered for Espgaluda II it won't be too difficult/pricey to acquire at the end of summer. For me, the fighting sticks are just for fun and collecting while the shooting sticks being the ones I actually use and cherish.

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
Job-related training in Texas...with little-to-no internet access. Hopefully if a stick is offered for Espgaluda II it won't be too difficult/pricey to acquire at the end of summer. For me, the fighting sticks are just for fun and collecting while the shooting sticks being the ones I actually use and cherish.
Bummer, we'll miss you.

grumble

Yes Boss! said:

Probably a good thing in a way. You'll come back and there will be tons of fun stuff for you to play, and I think everyone can do with a little internet-minimal time.

Galactik

Neo Member
Yes Boss! said:

Is there a big difference between a fighting stick and a shooting stick?

I have a SF4 SE stick I have upgraded with Sanwa parts that I use for shooting, and then I use my SF4 TE stick for fighting. Both has a hex gate in them.

Should I be using something different for shooting?

Dwayne

Yes Boss! said:
And still no import shops have the SE listed for sale yet. :-(

My understand was that there is no SE per say, just that some percentage of first prints including the extra(s). Tell me i'm wrong!

Yes Boss!

Galactik said:

I have a SF4 SE stick I have upgraded with Sanwa parts that I use for shooting, and then I use my SF4 TE stick for fighting. Both has a hex gate in them.

Nah, you are good. Whatever your preference. Some folks prefer the Seimitsu stuff, some sanwa. I was just talking about the dedicated sticks released for shooting games which get me all hot under the collar.

Dwayne said:
My understand was that there is no SE per say, just that some percentage of first prints including the extra(s). Tell me i'm wrong!

All first prints will include the CD. There will also be an SE (with the CD also) and an additional faceplate with a different cover. I'm not to keen on the faceplate but really want the alternate cover. Kinda petty.

Galactik said:

Playing with a hex gate sounds kinda... restrictive. Is it an intentional handicap?

Some people prefer Seimitsu for shmups and Sanwa for fighters. I am one of those people.

PJX

_dementia said:
Playing with a hex gate sounds kinda... restrictive. Is it an intentional handicap?

Some people prefer Seimitsu for shmups and Sanwa for fighters. I am one of those people.

What is a good Sanwa stick for the 360? I just go the Hori one and it is great for every type of game besides fighters. Not that it is bad for fighters it just isn't that great for them but is really decent. I just want one for fighters,

Galactik

Neo Member
For fighting games, I find the hex gate creates a smother motion when doing quarter circle motions. This may translate into restrictive for shmups, so I guess I should pop in the square gate and see if there is a difference.

Dwayne said:

23sdutj.gif

Cmagus

no way you gotta be kidding me so pumped right now.Wonder if this decision was due to sales? was there ever any official numbers released for Mushi sales

GhaleonQ

So, question: I know that Cave's games have been getting new arranged soundtracks for these releases. http://vgmdb.net/album/17634 They're doing 1 for Guwange next. It's my favorite Cave game (admittedly, I'm not a superfan) and it hasn't made it to consoles. Sorry if this old (a search yielded nothing), but does that mean a Guwange remake is coming?

GhaleonQ said:
So, question: I know that Cave's games have been getting new arranged soundtracks for these releases. http://vgmdb.net/album/17634 They're doing 1 for Guwange next. It's my favorite Cave game (admittedly, I'm not a superfan) and it hasn't made it to consoles. Sorry if this old (a search yielded nothing), but does that mean a Guwange remake is coming?

I don't have any links to back me up, but wasn't Guwange rumoured to be coming to XBLA?

adversesolutions said:
Asada has talked about Guwange for XBLA a couple times at the CAVE blog as well as the matsuri last month.

Later post said that Guwange was rejected by Microsoft, and they are trying to find out why. They said they are looking for releasing it for XBLA and/or PC.

Played that very scarcely last few weeks, so far getting comfortably to Stage 3, and then shit hits the fan. Is it just me or is Palm Normal A-shot (laser, right?) massively powerful, esp. visible on icicles in stage 2?

Solune

Yes Boss! said:
All first prints will include the CD. There will also be an SE (with the CD also) and an additional faceplate with a different cover. I'm not to keen on the faceplate but really want the alternate cover. Kinda petty.

Fack, NCSX had the LE up for preorder but literally sold out 20 mins before this post.
http://www.shopncsx.com/espgaludaiiblacklabelregularedition-1.aspx
AHHHH can't believe I was shopping around, should've just secured my copy, fock.
Hopefully they reopen preorders, and for anyone else hoping for LE as well.
I would go for the LE regardless of region-free or not but I'll wait for the standard edition if need be but only if its region free haha.

With the Deathsmiles announcement in particular, now I'm really wondering if I should import this game or wait for a similar localization announcement and risk it becoming spendy on the aftermarket if it doesn't happen. Is there any way to keep tabs on whether these types of games are in print?

Tain

Later post said that Guwange was rejected by Microsoft, and they are trying to find out why. They said they are looking for releasing it for XBLA and/or PC.

I still really wanna see the exact Steam-related quote made by Asada. It's been bugging me ever since the Kotaku interview was posted.

danmaku

Castor Krieg said:
Played that very scarcely last few weeks, so far getting comfortably to Stage 3, and then shit hits the fan. Is it just me or is Palm Normal A-shot (laser, right?) massively powerful, esp. visible on icicles in stage 2?

Actually, I think that Normal Palm has the weakest laser in the game. If you want to compare them, go into practive mode and try all characters against the first boss. Normal Reco's laser is stronger, and abnormal Palm has the strongest laser in the game (on the other hand, he has the weakest shot).

From what I found out (I never use abnormal Reco):

Laser: Abnormal Palm > Normal Reco > Normal Palm
Shot: Normal Palm > Normal Reco > Abnormal Palm

hipgnosis

Black Label is so damn awesome, been playing BL Maniac mostly. The action is just so over the top, so much shit happening on screen it's ridiculous.

Haven't encountered any stuttering that people have experienced. Once saw a graphical glitch in the second boss, but that's pretty much it.

akakaze

Banned
LiK said:
OMFG, i missed out on the ESPA LE preorder on NCS cuz i was shoveling snow. FUCK THIS SHIT

Ha. Yeah, I missed it too, and I even checked twice the day it went on sale. Apparently it was really, really camped :lol

I ordered a standard edition, which still comes with the soundtrack. $143 is too much to ask for a faceplate and two phonecards I can't use. Even if it will skyrocket in the aftermarket. The only CAVE LE I wish I would have secured day 1 is DeathSmiles due to the voice track. I had the opportunity to get it, was in Tokyo at the time, and passed it up for the cheaper edition since the guy told me the only thing it came with was a CD. And yes, I asked in Japanese.

Regarding region-freeness, I'm fairly certain the game is locked. If it was region free they'd say so, but since they locked it again they really see no reason to let the gaijin know they can't play the game. Why stir up unnecessary trouble?

Why lock again? Well, apparently US publishers like Aksys are getting interested in their catalogue, and most of their fanbase knows a thing or two about importing software. Makes sense to me. Although, why limit yourself to the < 1mil 360s in Japan when there's a much larger world userbase... *sigh*.

Sometimes Japanese business logic makes no sense. Hence why I have a Jasper JP360 right next to my NTSC/US model.

kazuo

gunstarhero said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Any chance import sales of Futari helped? (Wishful thinking?)

The negotiations to bring Death Smiles over here have been going on since like June of last year... so Mushi's sales probably had nothing to do with it.

Wasn't Galuda II already confirmed as region-free? Why would they region lock it now?

Aksys probably only got a deal for Death Smiles and not a multi-game deal. At least I would hope so, because I don't see why they would commit to multiple titles when they have no idea how well Death Smiles will sell.

Business first. They don't do it for brownie points, sadly.

Wasn't Galuda II already confirmed as region-free?

Nope. Never.

Why would they region lock it now?

Why wouldn't they? They said from the start Futari's region freeness was a one-time experiment just to gauge interest in foreign markets for future localizations. They never said they planned to make future games region free.

jodosutari

Neo Member
Oh yes! My copy has shipped from play-asia, hopefully it will be here soon. I just got a 360 and this was the second game I bought (Bayonetta first). Really hoping for more region free shmups because I'm bummed about PAL not getting even Raiden IV or RFA.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
To get the achievements. Do I have to play with default options or can I raise bomb stock and player life up?

I specifically got the 100k+ Stage counter but didn't get it on Arrange mode. And yes, I absolutely love arrange.

shintoki said:
To get the achievements. Do I have to play with default options or can I raise bomb stock and player life up?

I specifically got the 100k+ Stage counter but didn't get it on Arrange mode. And yes, I absolutely love arrange.

You cannot mess with the settings if you want the achievements.

hipgnosis

Holy shit Stage 3 is still kicking my ass after 3 weeks of play on 1.5 Original. I can one life up to that part easily, but then die like a sucker in that stage. I usually have one life left when I reach Stage 4. Any good tips for Stage 3?

Also anyone considering if the BL is worth the price, I would say absolutely. It makes the game so much more fun. It feels so different it's like a whole new game.

The key to stage 3 is to be blunt: memorization. For instance, after the mid-boss, there's two hives. After you blow those up, there's a beetle at the top. Once you kill him, you're in roll-poly land, which is dangerous turf. As soon as I kill that beetle, I go right up to the top left of the screen, which is counter-intuitive because there's already rolly-polys firing from the right. But I wait for the ones on the left to come down, then roll over to the ones on the right, then take it from there.

Basically, anticipation.

Damn, I'd really like to get this game but not to sure about paying $80 for it, especially after the Deathsmiles announcement. Should I hold off and wait to see if they localize Mushi? or just buy the damn thing?

danmaku

Mushi is region free, so it would be the last choice for Aksys. And probably they'll wait for DS' sales data before buying another license from Cave. There's no point in waiting IMHO, just buy Mushi and have fun! :D

hipgnosis

adversesolutions said:
The key to stage 3 is to be blunt: memorization. For instance, after the mid-boss, there's two hives. After you blow those up, there's a beetle at the top. Once you kill him, you're in roll-poly land, which is dangerous turf. As soon as I kill that beetle, I go right up to the top left of the screen, which is counter-intuitive because there's already rolly-polys firing from the right. But I wait for the ones on the left to come down, then roll over to the ones on the right, then take it from there.

Basically, anticipation.

Thanks for the tips! This seemed to improve my run. I'm still getting my ass whipped though so I just need some more practise. :lol Fortunately the training mode is awesome.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried playing with the 3D-mode and glasses on? How was it?
I don't have 3D-glasses so I couldn't try it out.

Top Bottom