• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still weird because Nagato was not a living puppet like Sasori, so having his eyes give him the power to turn into a puppet is still crazy.

The rinnegan itself is really stupid, its a hodgepodge of random powers pulled out of a hat, I know what Kishi was trying to go for with the whole buddhist realm thing or w/e, and in concept its neat. However Asura realm is just so out there compared to the others.

Also I'm still not so sure what was so special about Animal Realm, do those summons come with the eyes? Like could Tobi now summon the immortal dog?

Hyuuga magic eyes are still the best, because they make sense, and haven't suffered power inflation.

Heavy Manga spoilers bellow:

The Rinnegan was obtain by Madara when he was a very old man, he discover all the techniques and gave it to Nagato. Since Nagato had the same eyes he could do the same techniques.

Animal realm summons are really strong beasts that I'm assuming Nagato killed and is using the Rods to control them. The Rods are actually the Rinnegan owner's will materialize so that's why they do what the owner wants, the animals are like the paths of pain, dead puppets.

Most people assume, the crazy immortal dog is the same Dog Nagato had as a kid

planetary_rasengan_by_tristtrist-d5uxhk7.gif

Awkwardly funny beginning with random no named shinobi trying to stop the second Mizukage. Their pretty dumb. Anyway loved Planetary Rasengan just as good as it was in the manga and one of the best Rasengans.
too bad it didnt defeat Mu

Khezu

Hey they actually let Naruto look cool for once, instead of giving him the shittiest animation possible.

Though it still looked better in the manga.

Pein

Banned
today is the 6th year anniversary since shippuden started .

I can't believe I was 16 when it began, now I'm 22 time fucking flies man.

ReiGun

planetary_rasengan_by_tristtrist-d5uxhk7.gif

Awkwardly funny beginning with random no named shinobi trying to stop the second Mizukage. Their pretty dumb. Anyway loved Planetary Rasengan just as good as it was in the manga and one of the best Rasengans.
too bad it didnt defeat Mu

This is hot.

I think I will actually watch Naruto for once.

raikage_by_tristtrist-d5vqb8j.gif

Rasenshurikan again and again never gets old, reminds me of when Ichigo would Spam Getsuga Tenshou, I dont know, I just really love seeing it in action and being dodged and reflected.
Too bad it wasnt the winning move here, though having Sage Jutsu powered Rasengan to do that side arm attack at fast speeds was definitely good, not Minato good but still good

Forgot how the next fight turns out.

-
Oh and hyped for next weeks Naruto SD, please let it actually be Sasuke and not just a pv tease and a two second cameo :(

Great Episode, love how strong strong Naruto has become. Actually beating two of the strongest Kages.
And that's just one clone

raikage_by_tristtrist-d5vqb8j.gif

Rasenshurikan again and again never gets old, reminds me of when Ichigo would Spam Getsuga Tenshou, I dont know, I just really love seeing it in action and being dodged and reflected.
Too bad it wasnt the winning move here, though having Sage Jutsu powered Rasengan to do that side arm attack at fast speeds was definitely good, not Minato good but still good

Forgot how the next fight turns out.

-
Oh and hyped for next weeks Naruto SD, please let it actually be Sasuke and not just a pv tease and a two second cameo :(

That's some good animation.

Can anyone link me to the list of all the episodes that have the special high budget animation during the Hurricane Chronicles?

GlassBox

Banned
Yeah, this episode was pretty good. It's actually an outsourced episode if you can believe it. Looks almost better than some of the studio's in-house work.

naruraikage_by_unityark-d5w7sai.gif

It's always great to see Naruto in Sage Mode. I'm cautiously optimistic that next week's episode will be decent as well.

Oh yeah, guess what, it's time for another round of everyone's favorite filler! That's all we are going to get in March:
March 7: 303. Ghosts of the Past
March 14: 304. Underworld Turnover Jutsu
March 21: 305. Avengers
March 28: 306. The Eye of the Heart
The first three episodes apparently deal with the Edo Tensei Sound 4. The last one is based on Neji and Hinata.

It is expected, or rather hoped, that the regular story will resume in April, when the new OP is released as well as the new Ninja Storm game.

Macka

Why is Naruto so weak?

His father was a Hokage, and it appears he was pretty powerful. Naruto doesn't seem to be getting anywhere near that level despite having the advantage of being the Jinchuriki of the Ninetails.

On the flipside, since leaving Konoha, Sasuke has gotten so ridiculously OP. What does he actually do to get so powerful? He took off the arm of the Raikage, and then it was later explained that the Raikage is extremely fast. How did Sasuke even touch him? Naruto only became slightly faster after being cloaked in the chakra of the Ninetails.

Also, does Naruto ever learn an attack that isn't a variation of the Rasengan? I'm getting pretty sick of it to be honest, it's all he ever does.

Why is Naruto so weak?

His father was a Hokage, and it appears he was pretty powerful. Naruto doesn't seem to be getting anywhere near that level despite having the advantage of being the Jinchuriki of the Ninetails.

On the flipside, since leaving Konoha, Sasuke has gotten so ridiculously OP. What does he actually do to get so powerful? He took off the arm of the Raikage, and then it was later explained that the Raikage is extremely fast. How did Sasuke even touch him? Naruto only became slightly faster after being cloaked in the chakra of the Ninetails.

Also, does Naruto ever learn an attack that isn't a variation of the Rasengan? I'm getting pretty sick of it to be honest, it's all he ever does.

Hahahaha I take that you don't read the manga. One Naruto Clone can rip Sasuke in half, Sasuke is like 2 whole tiers bellow him.

VariantX

Why is Naruto so weak?

Rasengan is an S-Class jutsu, combined with a forbidden clone jutsu that most ninja can't even do anywhere near as effortlessly as he can because they'd die due to the fact that they don't have enough chakra to use it like Naruto does. But, long story short, Naruto is more broken than any the kages right now. Also, he summons toads.

Why is Naruto so weak?

This is the main problem.

Naruto's strength level at this point is ridiculous. He's a perfect jinchuriki and also a sage. His power level is up there with the greatest characters of the series. The major problem is that he's a one trick pony.

I've been catching up on the Anime recently and it's kind of depressing that he doesn't have any additional techniques. It's kind of an unfair comparison, but Danzo was the most prominent wind style user in the series. He had so many offensive techniques using his chakra nature. The Sauce uses several different fire techniques, but the only wind moves Naruto has done is the Rasenshuriken and the Wind Style: Rasengan. In a world with SO MANY cool techniques, it sucks to see your main character use 20 variations of the same move. Imagine of Luffy only used Gomu Gomu no Pistol for 700 chapters. :(

tl;dr, Naruto should learn new shit too.

Bruce Lee once said: "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

Naruto has clones, Rasengan, summoning and modes.
and sexy no jutsu

But his danger is one the ways he uses those with both great creativity and a unique level of perfection.

When you compare Naruto vs Jiraiya's Rasengan you know he isn't just one trick pony. Jiraiya just does bigger and bigger ones, RasenShuriken alone has like 4 variations, Rasengan Planet/Orbital Rasengan is also a neat twist.

Sasuke is lucky that Naruto didn't used even a regular Wind style: Rasengan because that fucker would had gone right through Chidori and wreck Sasuke's arm.

Besides Madara spams the hell out of his warping and phasing abilities and he is top tier.

Bruce Lee once said: "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

Naruto has clones, Rasengan, summoning and modes.
and sexy no jutsu

But his danger is one the ways he uses those with both great creativity and a unique level of perfection.

When you compare Naruto vs Jiraiya's Rasengan you know he isn't just one trick pony. Jiraiya just does bigger and bigger ones, RasenShuriken alone has like 4 variations, Rasengan Planet/Orbital Rasengan is also a neat twist.

Sasuke is lucky that Naruto didn't used even a regular Wind style: Rasengan because that fucker would had gone right through Chidori and wreck Sasuke's arm.

Besides Madara spams the hell out of his warping and phasing abilities and he is top tier.

Must...resist... urge... to spoil...

But anyway, I won't disagree. I just wish there was more variations to his ability besides the Rasengan being the fundemental. It's a GREAT fundemental. Most Shinobi aren't using such a good technique as the basis for their entire arsenal. I'm just saying after seeing Danzo shoot air bullets and attaching the goddamned WIND to his shuriken and Kunai, it woulda been neat to see Naruto do more with his Wind Nature.

Yeah it would be cool, though Naruto didn't really ha nobody to teach him Wind Techniques. So he had to basically create one himself.

Sage Mode also gives him Frog Katas with is great Taijutsu style, probably on par with the Hyuuga taijutsu. It would be neat to see him implement his wind style to everyone of his techniques. Like Wind Clones, Sage Art Wind attacks, Wind base Bijou bomb etc...

Yeah it would be cool, though Naruto didn't really ha nobody to teach him Wind Techniques. So he had to basically create one himself.

Sage Mode also gives him Frog Katas with is great Taijutsu style, probably on par with the Hyuuga taijutsu. It would be neat to see him implement his wind style to everyone of his techniques. Like Wind Clones, Sage Art Wind attacks, Wind base Bijou bomb etc...

Hnnnnngh. Loved the Frog Katas. I thought Sage Mode was waaaaaaay more interesting than Chakra mode and Tailed Beast mode, but it's not getting as much love, it seems.

It's funny that you mentioned that nobody taught him anything though. I was just watching the final round of the Chunin exams last night, and Kakashi just spoils the Sauce with all that extra training. He comes around later with chakra natures, but man, Kakashi was kind of a tool to Naruto at first.

You'd think he woulda wanted ALL his students to be better. I guess it doesn't matter, seeing as how all members of team 7 ended up with a Sannin master anyway, but I think Sasuke definately made out the best in that regard.

I wish I'd have known about this thread sooner. I love talking Naruto. :3

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I just watched the latest episode, but haven't seen a good chunk before it. Why is the sand green? And lots of the rocks, too?

Hnnnnngh. Loved the Frog Katas. I thought Sage Mode was waaaaaaay more interesting than Chakra mode and Tailed Beast mode, but it's not getting as much love, it seems.

It's funny that you mentioned that nobody taught him anything though. I was just watching the final round of the Chunin exams last night, and Kakashi just spoils the Sauce with all that extra training. He comes around later with chakra natures, but man, Kakashi was kind of a tool to Naruto at first.

You'd think he woulda wanted ALL his students to be better. I guess it doesn't matter, seeing as how all members of team 7 ended up with a Sannin master anyway, but I think Sasuke definately made out the best in that regard.

I wish I'd have known about this thread sooner. I love talking Naruto. :3

One of my favorite parts about the Power Filler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOyNB1XrgVw

You can feel the power from Sage Mode. Naruto always seem a little bit different when using it, possibly because of the nature of Sage Mode that force him to be calm in order to obtain him. So by the time he goes into the mode he probably has a plan, so he is seemed more smart.

Khezu

What I would like Naruto to learn.

Swamp of the underworld
Chakra flowing through weapons, well he actually knows this, he just needs a weapon that can do it.
Flying thunder god and its variations.

He probably won't get any of those though.

That said I'm mostly fine with what he has.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Swamp of the underworld
Chakra flowing through weapons, well he actually knows this, he just needs a weapon that can do it.

Well, he yellow-flashed vs the Raikage, looks like that chakra mode lets him match his dad's speed without needing the kunai. Though I guess it's not technically spacetime jutsu, just super fast.

Naruto has the tools to make use of FTG already. He knows space time jutsu (summoning toads) and is able to make clones (regularly the technique needs at least 3 people to do it, Minato is just that badass). He just needs someone to teach him.

Please explain why, I'm intrigued.
Manga spoilers
This is based on the fact that Naruto is now not only a Sage, being just short of Jiraiya in that area, but is now a perfect Jinchuuriki. Naruto is probably more powerful, though less experienced, than the 8-tails, who nearly ripped Sasuke with his backup team in half . Naruto has pushed back the enhanced Real Madara who implanted the 1st Hokage into his bloodstream and Fake Madara simultaneously, with a 10-tail off to the side. Sasuke has almost died in every fight he's been in lately, but theres some kind of storyline twitch to help him win.

Yeah, Naruto's pretty up there now. Perhaps if Sasuke teamed up with
Orochimaru
they might put pressure on Naruto.

Please explain why, I'm intrigued.

Nearly Future Spoilers:

The Naruto that right now beat Muu and Third Raikage is just a clone. Yes a clone of Naruto that can make clones himself and go into Sage Mode. A clone out of roughly 20 ones just defeated 2 former Kages

Late Manga Spoilers:

Naruto's other form is a lot stronger than this one, How strong? he stop 5 Bijou damas and deflected them, casually with a bitch slap. While in that form Naruto can make a huge Susanoo like Kyuubi and have Sage Mode clones sensing the enemy, also can have 9 KM naruto's on each of his tails, each one as strong as the one we see right now in the anime.

Naruto's presence at the moment is so strong it can be felt miles away by non sensors. It's that overwhelming

Iztli

Swamp of the underworld

I want naruto to master his clan's sealing techniques.

Imagine how op naruto would be if he mastered that.

VariantX

Nearly Future Spoilers:

The Naruto that right now beat Muu and Third Raikage is just a clone. Yes a clone of Naruto that can make clones himself and go into Sage Mode. A clone out of roughly 20 ones just defeated 2 former Kages

Late Manga Spoilers:

Naruto's other form is a lot stronger than this one, How strong? he stop 5 Bijou damas and deflected them, casually with a bitch slap. While in that form Naruto can make a huge Susanoo like Kyuubi and have Sage Mode clones sensing the enemy, also can have 9 KM naruto's on each of his tails, each one as strong as the one we see right now in the anime.

Naruto's presence at the moment is so strong it can be felt miles away by non sensors. It's that overwhelming

Even more broken
Naruto can actually hand out kyuubi chakra cloaks to everyone with a touch now.

Dereck

Yep, if Naruto turns into Hokage. You will have to be an idiot to attack that village.

Even more broken
Naruto can actually hand out kyuubi chakra cloaks to everyone with a touch now.

Nearly Future Spoilers:

Late Manga Spoilers:

Manga spoilers
This is based on the fact that Naruto is now not only a Sage, being just short of Jiraiya in that area, but is now a perfect Jinchuuriki. Naruto is probably more powerful, though less experienced, than the 8-tails, who nearly ripped Sasuke with his backup team in half . Naruto has pushed back the enhanced Real Madara who implanted the 1st Hokage into his bloodstream and Fake Madara simultaneously, with a 10-tail off to the side. Sasuke has almost died in every fight he's been in lately, but theres some kind of storyline twitch to help him win.

Yeah, Naruto's pretty up there now. Perhaps if Sasuke teamed up with
Orochimaru
they might put pressure on Naruto.
Luckily I'm up to date in the manga, thanks for the explanation.

Brickhunt

I'll have to disagree that Sasuke is that far behind Naruto. People are so impressed by his display of power, that they are forgetting that Sasuke does have counters for them.

Against Tailed Fox Mode. He has Susano'o. At least, he already reached the perfect one. There is only step remaining.
That is the stabilized mode. Madara compared his Susano'o to a tailed beast, Sasuke's one shouldn't be that far. I'll have to point that Madara still didn't pull out perfect Susano'o against Naruto. Only against the five kages.

Against Naruto's uberspeed, he has improved eyesight from the EMS. He doesn't need to ultra mega x fast as Naruto, he just needs to be able to react. At very least, EMS should ensure he is able to see RS Naruto's movements and allow him to react. Besides, he can always pull the Susano'o/Amateratsu shield to stop Naruto from throwing a punch at his face. I wouldn't be surprised if Sasuke can pull a Perfect Susano'o coated all over with Amateratsu.

Naruto has speed and power. Sasuke has reaction speed and defense. This is not a one-sided fight in any sense. Both Naruto and Sasuke will require to make some strategies.

Sage Mode gives arguably better reaction than the Sharingan. And against Susanoo maybe
a good old Bijou bomb shall do the trick
. Looking at Sasuke in his later fight and is obvious he hasn't reach that level yet,
if it wasn't for Itachi saving him a couple of times, Sage Mode Kabuto will had capture him in seconds flat

There's also people saying that Sasuke might get the
Rinnegan
but I doubt it will do him good since in the show we had seen
3 rinnegan users and Naruto had fought them all, the rinnegan won't be enough

Unless Sasuke gets a massive power up I can't see him winning.

Sage Mode gives arguably better reaction than the Sharingan. And against Susanoo maybe
a good old Bijou bomb shall do the trick
. Looking at Sasuke in his later fight and is obvious he hasn't reach that level yet,
if it wasn't for Itachi saving him a couple of times, Sage Mode Kabuto will had capture him in seconds flat

There's also people saying that Sasuke might get the
Rinnegan
but I doubt it will do him good since in the show we had seen
3 rinnegan users and Naruto had fought them all, the rinnegan won't be enough

Unless Sasuke gets a massive power up I can't see him winning.

Consider the alternative. Naruto will receive a downgrade in power, probably during one of the later fights. He'll lose a significant amount of power that will bring him in line with Sasuke, but that's if Sasuke is the final 'villain'.

I still have doubts . I can see them teaming together to fight the ultimate villain of the series, whoever that may be, but them fighting to the death, etc isn't something I think will happen outside of a fight where Naruto convinces Sasuke to join him/turn back from his path.

Echoplx

I always wondered how it would be possible to bring Sasuke back to the village at this point, he is a a wanted criminal in all 5 villages and has attacked kages and killed ninja from nearly every one, I'm pretty certain the other villages wouldn't be keen on him being left alive especially if there is an alliance after the war.

Also, Naruto is incredibly selfish, he claims he wants to be Hokage yet doesn't seem to realize that Sasuke is a threat to Konoha that should be eliminated, a Hokage should't even think twice about putting the village at risk for something as trivial as a friend, look at what Minato sacrificed for Konoha for example, his whole family.

/just felt like ranting

Necrovex

Ever since I stopped watching the show in late 2007, I have been feeling this itch to finally jump on the Shippuden band wagon. 300 episodes. This is simply going to drive my brain in an insane asylum, even though I plan to skip the filler stuff. Wish me luck!

Khezu

I always wondered how it would be possible to bring Sasuke back to the village at this point, he is a a wanted criminal in all 5 villages and has attacked kages and killed ninja from nearly every one, I'm pretty certain the other villages wouldn't be keen on him being left alive especially if there is an alliance after the war.

Also, Naruto is incredibly selfish, he claims he wants to be Hokage yet doesn't seem to realize that Sasuke is a threat to Konoha that should be eliminated, a Hokage should't even think twice about putting the village at risk for something as trivial as a friend, look at what Minato sacrificed for Konoha for example, his whole family.

/just felt like ranting

I'm hoping redemption equals death.

Ever since I stopped watching the show in late 2007, I have been feeling this itch to finally jump on the Shippuden band wagon. 300 episodes. This is simply going to drive my brain in an insane asylum, even though I plan to skip the filler stuff. Wish me luck!

If you stick to the anime and evade filler, you should be done in like a week. Jump in bro, so you will be we us to see the series end.

VeeP

/just felt like ranting

"How can I call myself hokage, if I can't save even one of my friends"

If sasuke comes to Konoha, naruto would face him. He doesn't want to fight his friend but he's stated he will if he has too.

/just felt like ranting

I dont know...Sarutobi Sensei and even Lady Hokage seemed to not really be that fired up and concerned over Lord Orochimaru. Both kage seemed to take pride in Naruto, holder of the nine tailed demon fox, an internal threat to the village, and one that cost greatly making the village get devastated by Pain...

In the ninja world enemies of yesterday can be friends today, highly believe Sasuke will easily be welcomed back into the village and accepted through the land after doing some noble deed hand in hand with Naruto after being set free of whatever things are holding him back and finally casting all dark out of his heart and seeing the light after a really intense and emotionally moving fight.

Not to mention that
itachi
has the way of thinking of a Hokage since an early age and not even him could bring himself to kill Sasuke.

tumblr_mjassteaM71qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mjassteaM71qbxqfpo2_500.png

It was tough trying to decide between laughing at what they did to go to filler for this arc or actually being impressed with how creative it is. At least they are giving us quite a bit of Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Neji screentime.

GlassBox

Banned
The episode was ok for filler.

I'm more curious about how long this filler is going to last. We'll see if it really does end when the new OP and Ninja Storm 3 releases in Japan.

There's also been a rumor posted on 2ch that Atsushi Wakabayashi (Naruto vs. Sasuke and Naruto vs. Pain fame) will be doing an episode in May, coincidentally timed when a certain infamous character might be introduced.

wow where'd glassbox go?

tumblr_mjny00j8o51qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mjny00j8o51qbxqfpo2_500.png

The worst part of daylight savings time is that Naruto Shippuden is now at 7am instead of 6am, so I cant see it before going to class :( Oh well alright episode. I guess since they cant do another Naruto/Sasuke moment in filler they instead gave us a Shikamaru/Choji holding hands moment, nice. The plan used by the Sound Four is alright but kind of odd, what purpose does summoning the Triple Rashomon serve in a closed quarters four on four fight? Still want to see how they can get out of this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom