• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news and good news if this guy knows his stuff.

jppvgQV.png

Well the episode before last of naruto sd kabuto did say there were only three episodes left.

Pein

Banned
good news? naruto sd is better than the main series.

wow where'd glassbox go?

he got found out that he was a simcity dev or something that kept promoting it and never stated his intentions, some sleazy stuff.

I always wondered how it would be possible to bring Sasuke back to the village at this point, he is a a wanted criminal in all 5 villages and has attacked kages and killed ninja from nearly every one, I'm pretty certain the other villages wouldn't be keen on him being left alive especially if there is an alliance after the war.

Also, Naruto is incredibly selfish, he claims he wants to be Hokage yet doesn't seem to realize that Sasuke is a threat to Konoha that should be eliminated, a Hokage should't even think twice about putting the village at risk for something as trivial as a friend, look at what Minato sacrificed for Konoha for example, his whole family.

/just felt like ranting

Sasuke and Itachi released the edo tensei and defeated Kabuto taking out a huge chunk of Tobi's power and removing the huge threat that was Kabuto. Thats pretty darn heroic and should earn him a pass. Not to mention if he and the hokage crew show up and help defeat Madara and Tobi who wouldn't forgive him?

Well this three episode mini-filler-arc had a fairly decent conclusion. Always love seeing Naruto's Giant Rasengan. I wonder when will we get back to moving the plot. As the preview
seems to be Neji Hinata filler

Spongebob

Banned
New opening is filled to the brim with spoilers. Anime only viewers beware.

Pretty lame filler/flashback episode. The only thing that made this worth watching was the new kickass opening.

Jigolo

Naruto's animation better look rock solid when the fillers are over. I'm so fucking tired of them. out of both Naruto and shippuden episodes there have been a total of 317 canon episodes. That's fucking ridiculous

Necrovex

I'm slowly losing my mind, I've been blasting through Shippuden shortly after Storm 3 came out. I'm on episode 263. Too much Naruto at once. My brain is falling apart because of it. :-(

But, I love those Naruto feels.

Naruto's animation better look rock solid when the fillers are over. I'm so fucking tired of them. out of both Naruto and shippuden episodes there have been a total of 317 canon episodes. That's fucking ridiculous

Really? I've only ever seen Naruto (no Shippuden) in the anime. I usually only read the volumes that are released in the US so I'm not 100% up to date but I had no idea it was such a low number.

Jigolo

Really? I've only ever seen Naruto (no Shippuden) in the anime. I usually only read the volumes that are released in the US so I'm not 100% up to date but I had no idea it was such a low number.

Yeah, the anime blows....most of the time. It's hard to follow whats going on because there are so many fillers. I love the manga but the anime is the worst because of all the episode jumping you have to do to watch canon.

If you ever do get into the anime refer back to this post to avoid fillers:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=350747

This guy is a life saver.

Episode 314 – The Sad Sun Shower
tumblr_mn95ygduKs1qbxqfpo1_500.png

If it can remain this enjoy then I dont mind this filler miniarc lasting three parts or even more. No more kon kon kon kono though, as its really annoying especially with Yota's voice or even just crying Yota. Kid part 1 characters are still rather entertaining and fun and even if theres no jutsu action going on, just seeing them interacting is good enough. Naruto did have fun days after all, if only they could have got flowery Sasuke too.

Episode 315 – Lingering Snow
tumblr_mnm57kaLxF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really made me sad, relatable. Anyway alright ending to this three episode miniarc, kind of hilarious though for ANBU
how they were caught in Shikamaru's jutsu and the kids managed to sneak in and escape
. I hope the next episode, even though it is filler, actually has good minifights and unique jutsus.

Desmond

Just popping into this thread for the first time in ages. How long has the anime been on filler? Where did the canon stop? :)

Episode 316 – The Reanimated Allied Forces
BMPkBQpCYAEfgfE.png

Should have been a canon episode as the whole part of how the reanimation jutsu was put into play by Lord Orochimaru, and then Kabuto going to the different graves to get the bodies and chat really help to enhance that aspect of this arc. Bonus Sasuke screentime was way pleasing.

Desmond

unless they think kishimoto will end the manga soon and they just want to adapt the whole thing with no filler or nothing...
Yeah, that's the only explanation I can think of. Do you have any idea when the fillers will end? Where did the canon stop, as I saw the Opening theme and am wondering how much they've animated.

LordAlu

Zombie Mizukage fight, really? The opening is unexpected then, especially during fillers.

Anime is 77 weeks behind. I'm amazed they haven't done 1 chapter per episode.
This is why I despair. I truly want to watch the manga events animated and yet it's so far behind!

Episode 321 – Reinforcements Arrive
BPc8d3fCcAA_Ia_.png

Only one complaint I have for the episode is they come off weeks of filler where the characters had already interacted with flashy biju mode naruto...and then in this episode they seemingly forgot they already fought side by side with him before over the filler :/ made the initial scene here seem awkward
and then the audacity to throw in that NaruHina moment, why :(

Madara looks like his attacks will be stunning next episode and the music, please deliver.

Tyrael

It seemed strange that they used the same voice autor for the two Madaras, I dont remember this being mentioned in the manga.

Ashes

Banned
Episode 321 – Reinforcements Arrive
BPc8d3fCcAA_Ia_.png

Only one complaint I have for the episode is they come off weeks of filler where the characters had already interacted with flashy biju mode naruto...and then in this episode they seemingly forgot they already fought side by side with him before over the filler :/ made the initial scene here seem awkward
and then the audacity to throw in that NaruHina moment, why :(

Madara looks like his attacks will be stunning next episode and the music, please deliver.

I missed out all the filler, but either my memory is failing me, or some of the scenes didn't make much sense due to them coming from filler. Especially the scene with
lots of characters standing in circles.

By the way, cheers for keeping us up to date. Much appreciated.

LordAlu

I missed out all the filler, but either my memory is failing me, or some of the scenes didn't make much sense due to them coming from filler. Especially the scene with
lots of characters standing in circles.

By the way, cheers for keeping us up to date. Much appreciated.
Most of it likely won't make any sense at all, since the fillers obviously haven't taken into account the actual original story. Mainly the reason I simply don't watch fillers! :p

Mengetsu

The shitty animation is preventing me from enjoying the series :(

People talk about the dip on Attack On Titan animation..This series that I love dearly has gotten the raw end of the stick since Shippuden started with a few key arcs aside. I wish this show had AOT's quality every week. The last episode I have seen was 272 and I had to stop because the fillers have finally reached a limit for me. I'm just going to wait for the series to end so I can watch my war uninterrupted. Why does One Piece and even Bleach have better fillers than this? Is it the studio? Or is it because Kishi is not involved heavy in the anime department? Someone give me a valid reason :(

Same studio as Bleach, so it's not that, and it's a matter of preference. I enjoy Shippuden's "filler" FAR more than Bleach's "filler." People were so put off (rightly so) by the end run of Naruto that they write off anything that's non-manga on Shippuden. I don't think that's fair. I don't have a negative view of "filler;" if I like a universe, I want more stories from it. It's not like the manga has been great for a while either in my opinion, doesn't matter where the mediocre stories are coming from.

Also, I think what most people complain about with AoT is the fact that a lot of it is panning shots on talking heads. There just isn't much animation to speak of, though I'm with you, I think the show looks pretty great.

Mengetsu

Same studio as Bleach, so it's not that, and it's a matter of preference. I enjoy Shippuden's "filler" FAR more than Bleach's "filler." People were so put off (rightly so) by the end run of Naruto that they write off anything that's non-manga on Shippuden. I don't think that's fair. I don't have a negative view of "filler;" if I like a universe, I want more stories from it. It's not like the manga has been great for a while either in my opinion, doesn't matter where the mediocre stories are coming from.

Also, I think what most people complain about with AoT is the fact that a lot of it is panning shots on talking heads. There just isn't much animation to speak of, though I'm with you, I think the show looks pretty great.

Thank you for the info. I'm all for fillers but, I just get sad when I see other Anime's who do fillers and actually use the fillers to advance characters and such. Especially with a big roster like Naruto they go back and do flashbacks with jokes in between. There's so many opportunities. Follow OP and use it to advance characters and give them good fights. I hope when it's done we get a DBZ Kai like version with all the fillers gone. I just wanna enjoy this series more.

Filler is tough, though, because they can't do any real character anything because it runs the risk of contradicting the manga. That's why it's usually so safe. Pierrot has done a relatively good job on Shippuden where they can (have you seen CHIKARA for example?), filling out little bits of the war arc, or at least giving little-used characters things to do.

Mengetsu

Filler is tough, though, because they can't do any real character anything because it runs the risk of contradicting the manga. That's why it's usually so safe. Pierrot has done a relatively good job on Shippuden where they can (have you seen CHIKARA for example?), filling out little bits of the war arc, or at least giving little-used characters things to do.

This I understand. I'm just so used to other Anime's just doing there thing I suppose. Maybe I will give it a go again soon just busy with life at the moment. Also on a side note after looking for this song forever from Naruto Pt 1 of the anime I am happy. Most played song in Pt 1 but was never released in the OST?

Naruo Unreleased OST Predicament

Oh my goodness, the next episode looks exciting!

The change in animation (to me at least) was noticeably better in the preview too lol. >_>

I wish it was next week already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom