• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Jinchuiriki was the one that had the holy/religious things going on? I remember an episode where Hidan started getting pummeled by spirit fists(?) from them.

phaze

I think he needs to actually be materialized to do it, so he usually grabs them to ensure he can get them. Plus sucking them in only seems to work at a very short range, so he needs to be sure they won't retaliate. Seems to be more a safety thing on his part so he only materializes when he's sure he can do it.

Now I'm not even sure about the bolded part. He seems to have tried sucking in Konan while having her paper missiles pass through him. Hope they will explain it someday.

Which Jinchuiriki was the one that had the holy/religious things going on? I remember an episode where Hidan started getting pummeled by spirit fists(?) from them.

You maybe thinking about Asuma's buddy from the Twelve Guardians. But he was no Jinchuiriki, just a leader of temple Hidan and Kakuzu stumbled upon. Other than that no idea.

Edit:His name was Chiriku. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw7ci5j3YqU

You maybe thinking about Asuma's buddy from the Twelve Guardians. But he was no Jinchuiriki, just a leader of temple Hidan and Kakuzu stumbled upon. Other than that no idea.

Edit:His name was Chiriku. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw7ci5j3YqU
Yep, that's the guy. Thought he was another Jinchuirki, so I found it weird when he wasn't among the group. Thanks, the Twelve Guardians reminded me of everything. Really liked that guy.

Spongebob

Banned
The beginning of this episode as so bad that it made anything else that was good after it irrelevant.

The animation for EMS Sasuke's reveal, combined with the butchering of his Susanoo's appearance (the sword and orb smh), ruined this episode for me.

The animators aren't even trying anymore.

narutoanimeisadisgrace.png

What the fuck is this? Its not just that its animated poorly (fan animation quality at best), they've changed certain things from the manga.

narutomangaisawesome.png

They simply aren't trying anymore. I'm done with this anime.

LordAlu

Yeah, that was pretty disappointing - from the manga it appears all the weaponry of his new Susanoo is black, yet here it was an even lighter purple than his Susanoo itself. :(

Spongebob

Banned
Yeah, that was pretty disappointing - from the manga it appears all the weaponry of his new Susanoo is black, yet here it was an even lighter purple than his Susanoo itself. :(
Yah, the weaponry is made of Amaterasu flames in the manga
Though he does sometimes use the regular Susanoo arrows

All three Susanoo's (Sasuke, Madara, Itachi) are badly animated and colored in the anime tbh.

Edit: Also, Look at EMS Sasuke's eyes in opening 12.

tumblr_mj97my5MJP1qbb2p5o1_500.gif

Then episode 326....

Amikami

Banned
Haven't watched the episode but that's horrible. What were they thinking? How can you not spend a little more effort animating such a reveal. I remember it was huge in the manga, or at least everyone had been waiting so long for it. And that manga panel was so hype for me.

The anime did a horrible job. The coloring is all wrong, the strongest features of Susanoo are drawn ineffectively, making it look less menacing, and some of the biggest pieces of the entire image are a mess or even missing (the weapons which look ridiculous lying against Susanoo in the anime and the lack of the light which had some symbolism.)

Hate to be nit-picky but I'm disappointing that this did not translate well into the anime. The entire epic "HOLY SHIT!" feel of the panel is missing along with that dark atmosphere.

Khezu

Sasuke's EMS is so damn silly looking. Actually so was his normal MS.

All MS's should have just looked like Itachi's, maybe let Kakshi keep his since he's a a non Uchiha.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
this thread reminds me i need to catch up on both the naruto manga and anime, though im only like a chapter or 2 behind

Amikami

Banned
Sasuke's EMS is so damn silly looking. Actually so was his normal MS.

All MS's should have just looked like Itachi's, maybe let Kakshi keep his since he's a a non Uchiha.

I agree about the EMS. I was never crazy about the design. His MS on the other hand grew on me quickly. It was so different from the other designs at the time and reminded me most of an actual kaleidoscope for whatever reason.

Great episode. 256, that is.

There is almost something poetic about Naruto trying to dull all the hate inside of him, from Kurama. I believe in you Naruto!!

Episode 327 – Nine Tails

Guess this is why they could do two episodes on today. Tons of flashback clips in this Nine Tails and Naruto retrospective. Was fun reseeing some of the best moments again in quick succession, especially Nine Tails v Naruto.

Episode 328 – Kurama
tumblr_msaj9qedfH1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_msaj9qedfH1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Smiles, typical smiles, as Kurama says, thats the Naruto I know.
Completely forgot how he had got out this situation, Sage Jutsu at the end to push it was so good

Pretty good episode
seeing the chronicle of events leading to the war from a whole new perspective
. Gotta get a
FREE JINJURIKI t-shirt made.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 329 – Two-Man Team
tumblr_msnh0wTybI1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_msnh0wTybI1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Kurama will never let Naruto forget, and even funnier was when Yagura asked Naruto how it was like to kiss Sasuke. Laughed at that whole scene with him, easily best Jinchuriki and most underrated. Unfortunately, Im not an armchair animator, but I think it looked a bit better than the usual Shippuden episodes especially
when he accessed Kuramas power

The beginning of this episode as so bad that it made anything else that was good after it irrelevant.

The animation for EMS Sasuke's reveal, combined with the butchering of his Susanoo's appearance (the sword and orb smh), ruined this episode for me.

The animators aren't even trying anymore.

narutoanimeisadisgrace.png

What the fuck is this? Its not just that its animated poorly (fan animation quality at best), they've changed certain things from the manga.

narutomangaisawesome.png

They simply aren't trying anymore. I'm done with this anime.

That's the reality of anime's that last longer than the usual 26 episodes - unless you have an unusually high budget, there will be episodes of great animation followed by many with above average. This happens for ALL anime's that last a long time, and all american cartoons for that matter that are hand drawn.

Wait the latest ep is Two Man Team?

I thought that was next weeks? Lol I guess I'm a week behind my eps.

Edit:

Watched the episode, seeing the baby tailed beasts was pretty adorable lol. Who was the old man?

Macka

I'm an anime-only Naruto fan, and honestly...this war arc has been pretty dull. That said, I absolutely loved the last few episodes focusing on the Nine Tails. Pretty epic!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I just watched episode 322 of naruto shippuden, it was everything I hoped for since I read the chapter.

I'm an anime-only Naruto fan, and honestly...this war arc has been pretty dull. That said, I absolutely loved the last few episodes focusing on the Nine Tails. Pretty epic!
As someone who follows both... it has been a lot better in animated form, but I agree. The "War Arc" or whatever you want to call it is a sloppy, interminable slog filled with characters with little backstory, constant rehashes, and has been a near-constant disappointment that hasn't been saved by the few bright spots that occasionally poke through the morass.

Gui_PT

Hey guys, sorry for bothering but I have a request

Unfortunately I stopped watching this show quite a while ago. Last episode I saw (I think) was when
Naruto fought Pain
(spoiler tagged just in case even though it's been a loooong time)

Could you guys recommend me the coolest episodes/fights since so I can catch up a bit? I'd appreciate it.

Episode 330 – Promise of Victory
tumblr_mt0fnpcrMD1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mt0fnpcrMD1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Not much action but the opening Jinchuriki/Tailed Beast song was amazing, guess the SD guys needed something to do. Wonder how the dub will do it. Otherwise just lots of talking...
internally screamed
for Sasuke screentime. Which with the way the rain was done and the environmental focus made for a scene much better than the source material.

Macka

Why the need for pointless filler episodes like 330? Isn't the manga pretty far ahead by now? I only just started watching again after like two years, and I only had about 25 canon episodes to catch up on. It's a joke.

Amikami

Banned
Whenever Naruto sings, it's very obvious he's voiced by a woman. She can never completely hide it when she's singing. She's a very good singer though. The song was pretty cute.

Episode 331 – Eyes That See in the Dark
tumblr_mtdeozRCpb1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mtdeozRCpb1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Didnt know Konohamaru had other friends good for him. Episode was largely flashback and Suigetsu saying he hates everyone but still sticking around, and in this format he and Jugo really do constantly stick up and protect Sasuke deeds, good thing their permanently devoted.

Did chp 574...so were still 73 chapters behind current, surprisingly no filler on the horizon at least through oct 10 episode listings...

Tritroid

It always amazes me how in the anime they can take something that was a mere 4-5 panel scene in the manga and turn it into an entire episode, lol. Granted, it was semi-important, but didn't need an entire episode devoted to it.

All 331 really did was remind me via flashbacks how much I couldn't stand the whole Hebi arc, oh my god. Easily the worst, and most boring, point of the entire series. Sasuke's shitty friends could be killed off completely off screen, and I wouldn't even care. (Aside from Suigetsu..he has his moments).

Next week it's back to the 5 Kage vs. Madara fight, yay!

phaze

^ Yay was afraid they were going to skip it.

The rest of Narutoverse should ban Naruto and Sasuke for cheating. The amount of free power ups they get is ridiculous. Amaterasu was broken in the first place and now the latter gets to use it like a flamethrower ? Hope someone will spank his ass.

LordAlu

Do we know what they scroll said? Obviously it's a manga spoiler but feel free to spoil it for me
If you really really REALLY want to know, it's in the spolier below.

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SERIOUSLY SPOILED!

The document details how the Uzumaki clan have a set of masks which, when worn, turns that persons body into a living version of that mask, all of which are based on sealing gods. One of those masks is the sealing god used in the reaper death seal jutsu. Due to Orochimaru's ability to "shed" his body, if he could put the mask on himself and gut open his stomach (where souls are sealed) the souls would release from their seal - including his arms which were originally sealed by the Third Hokage. He could then shed his body and his arms would be restored.

This would also have the added side effect of releasing the souls of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Hokages, as well as the other half of Kurama's chakra, which would also mean that they can then be resurrected using Edo Tensei.

If you really really REALLY want to know, it's in the spolier below.

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SERIOUSLY SPOILED!

The document details how the Uzumaki clan have a set of masks which, when worn, turns that persons body into a living version of that mask, all of which are based on sealing gods. One of those masks is the sealing god used in the reaper death seal jutsu. Due to Orochimaru's ability to "shed" his body, if he could put the mask on himself and gut open his stomach (where souls are sealed) the souls would release from their seal - including his arms which were originally sealed by the Third Hokage. He could then shed his body and his arms would be restored.

This would also have the added side effect of releasing the souls of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Hokages, as well as the other half of Kurama's chakra, which would also mean that they can then be resurrected using Edo Tensei.
Oh man, that was what was happening in that chapter? I didn't get any of that AT ALL. Hah. Or maybe I just forgot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom