• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabuto

wow I can't believe I never noticed Tobi and Madara had the same voice actor until this episode.
Obito's
new voice actor sounds kind of weird; he sounds like he has a sore throat.
tumblr_my39tgfMrx1t0nygho1_500.gif

wow I can't believe I never noticed Tobi and Madara had the same voice actor until this episode.
Obito's
new voice actor sounds kind of weird; he sounds like he has a sore throat.
tumblr_my39tgfMrx1t0nygho1_500.gif

WHO. ARE. YOU?!

Damn that looks so much more epic than the manga. Will have to watch.

:O :O

Finally some answers (sorta). Poor Kaka-sensei. :(

And I actually said "Uh oh" out loud when Madara showed up lol.

Now the wait begins! >_<

Macka

Episode 343 was awesome.

I'm an anime-only watcher so I have no clue what the hell is going on at the moment. Madara was seemingly just resurrected by Kabuto, and yet he and Obito clearly know each other. Obito would be the same age as Kakashi (around 30?), so I don't know how that works out.

I like the parallels between Naruto and Obito, Team Kakashi and Team Minato. Hopefully there's more to Obito's backstory than 'Rin died so fuck the world'.

Episode 343 was awesome.

I'm an anime-only watcher so I have no clue what the hell is going on at the moment. Madara was seemingly just resurrected by Kabuto, and yet he and Obito clearly know each other. Obito would be the same age as Kakashi (around 30?), so I don't know how that works out.

I like the parallels between Naruto and Obito, Team Kakashi and Team Minato. Hopefully there's more to Obito's backstory than 'Rin died so fuck the world'.

I'm right there with you in not having a single clue as to what is going on. Can't wait to find out though, as I love this damn show. No ep this week makes me sad though :(

Sakujou

Banned
hi there, i hope iam right here, if not, please delete this post.

also in the first place, i dont want to offend anyone.

so i talked to a friend from Turkey, and we then when we talked about the Mugen Tsukuyomi, we realized, that the basic idea of it is similiar to Islam.

To gather everyone under the "moon".

its just the basic idea.

iam not familiar with the religion, and i dont have any knowledge, but how much was this an influence?

do you think this resembles in any way?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Is crunchy roll just crappy on ps4, or on everything? This looks like a 240i image stretched out :-/

I still wonder why they push 720p for the consoles. I can't watch anything under 1080p if in HD... though they have crappy servers. I have 40mbps download and videos still stutter and buffer.

tumblr_mz5hmccVWP1qcsesho1_500.gif
tumblr_mz5hmccVWP1qcsesho2_500.gif

Backstory episode but Obito kid is pretty hilarious and gave good vocals to match the same funny moments that existed in the manga. The fight for him and Kakashi and Rin in that backstory was kind of exciting, rewatched it twice or so.

New ending is kind of a step down from the last one, but it is Obito focused so it is still above average.

I liked the new ending, the shot of Obito's showdown with the 4th and the Nine Tails raging in the background is awesome. Would love to have it on my wall!

I guess I just like 'cool story moment memory' endings instead of like Sasuke brooding #38 ones.

Next episode preview was pretty ominous lol. o_O Can't wait! No episodes for awhile was tough when its so exciting at the moment (I'm a anime only watcher).

I know Madara has to no-sell it in typical Uchiha fashion, but he still has to be even a little impressed with Naruto.

I liked the new ending, the shot of Obito's showdown with the 4th and the Nine Tails raging in the background is awesome. Would love to have it on my wall!

I guess I just like 'cool story moment memory' endings instead of like Sasuke brooding #38 ones.

Next episode preview was pretty ominous lol. o_O Can't wait! No episodes for awhile was tough when its so exciting at the moment (I'm a anime only watcher).

I know Madara has to no-sell it in typical Uchiha fashion, but he still has to be even a little impressed with Naruto.
Don't feel bad, I'm an anime only watcher as well. Not a lick of shame in me.

Also, "no sell" is the perfect description for Madara. The Cena of the group, for sure.

Oh my God...the last half of that episode was insane. He killed her? What the hell at Obito's rise! The style they captured his rage in was great. That was perfect.

Oh man, you guys are getting me excited! Can't wait to watch! This section was pretty crazy in the manga too, really violent. Wonder if the show captured that...

Episode 345 - I'm In Hell
tumblr_mzigipbcI31qj5jqso1_500.gif

Obito training and such was good with massive payoff that made me feel like cheering him on, and the major scene with Kakashi, Rin, Obito and the aftermath was much better of an experience than in the manga, just the little things like the sound, attention to detail at times and such just made it one of the better episodes this arc.

Though I dont understand Kishimoto's love of poop jokes, thats was like no less than five mentions this episode.

I believe next week is also two episode week, hype.

Tyrael

Awesome episode, I don't remember when was the last time they nailed the sound, animation and story in just one episode like this one.

Raxious

Lol, I was rewatching some old episodes and in 322 During the fight of the Shinobi Alliance vs Madara, u can see they messed up with giving Madara the Rinnegan.

In the moment just before Naruto hits him with a Oodama Rasengan, and Ohnoki pushes him into it you can see Madara with the Rinnegan. Madara then uses Susannoo and shows his EMS, hell it's even said he just activated it.

Askani

Just caught up with this weeks episode. Really great stuff. Current stuff was decent but this really I making me super excited to get more.

Wow! Wow!

Wow!

All the pieces are being filled in, I love it! Obito's power just exploded.

Gimmie more! So exciting, and double episode next week? Yeeeeeeeees!

Also, poor Kaka-sensei. :(

346 & 347

Well two episodes today is nice in concept but was kind of a bit dull in execution since well backstory. I will say the whole music during the Nagato scene was incredible.

Hope it is true that the director will really give us no filler the rest of 2014...

Desmond

Isn't an anime-only Kakashi arc about his time in ANBU starting in two weeks? Or is that just a one-off?
For some reason, I think it's as long as that Chikara arc was, but I can't remember where I saw that. It's more than one episode.
346 & 347

Well two episodes today is nice in concept but was kind of a bit dull in execution since well backstory. I will say the whole music during the Nagato scene was incredible.

Hope it is true that the director will really give us no filler the rest of 2014...

After the Kakashi filler, but I hope so too.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nah. Series will catch up to manga in about 26 episodes at current pace. They need to fillerize the shit out of it. Its all action from now on, and I doubt they will make a different finale than the manga. I mean... Naruto ends this year, but the anime can't run parallel to it.

I thought that was a misquote from Jump Festa?

I dunno, it's either "final phase" (whatever that means) or "it's ending in 2014". I believe it's the former and this stretches to 2015. If Kishi really did say it was ending this year some of the bigger news sites like ANN would have ran an article about it.

Exactly (re: ANN). Final phase has always been code to me for "Who knows what adventures they'll have between now and the time the manga becomes unprofitable?"

phaze

hi there, i hope iam right here, if not, please delete this post.

also in the first place, i dont want to offend anyone.

so i talked to a friend from Turkey, and we then when we talked about the Mugen Tsukuyomi, we realized, that the basic idea of it is similiar to Islam.

To gather everyone under the "moon".

its just the basic idea.

iam not familiar with the religion, and i dont have any knowledge, but how much was this an influence?

do you think this resembles in any way?

I don't really think there's much to it. As far as I know moon isn't really important in Islamic theology. It became associated with it later due to various nations using the crescent moon as their symbol. Note that in Naruto when talking about Tsuki No Me plan its always the full moon that is visualized so I don't really see Islam being much of an inspiration for Kishi.

Obito going Mokton at Mist asses was great to see but they could have animated just a tiny little bit more of it.

Also is it just me or did Obito run from the Konoha-Iwagakure border to somewhere in the mist territory in space of minutes or hours (doubt Kakashi could last longer) when it should have taken him days ?

Isn't an anime-only Kakashi arc about his time in ANBU starting in two weeks? Or is that just a one-off?

Could be worse. More Minato is always a +. They should animate rookie nine ascent to chunin when they need more filler material.

Episode 348 – The New Akatsuki

Giving some moments to the other Akatsuki members and such was nice even if short lived.
that attack that off'd them all though :(

Hyped for Konoha's Yellow Flash next week!

I know this anime only arc will still be considered filler but it still looks pretty cool.

I said all along I'd love to watch a whole TV series about Minato and Kushina's adventures even if it was 'made up'. We might not be getting that exactly (more Kakashi focused to tie in with the proper story atm) but still, stuff from that time-frame or roundabouts will be cool.

Point is, hopefully a far cry from "boo filler!" like Tenten goes to get some more tools lol or Ninja moms fight sumo invaders. /stagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom