• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 332 – The Will of Stone

Present day stuff was going alright but kind of heavy on the flashback. If next episode can focus a bit more on action, then I think this episode would have been worth it.
Sasuke Itachi stuff though was best part, I never get tired of seeing the flashbacks and their interactions

Kabuto

Great episode this week. Madara summoning the wood clones was so badass.

For obvious reasons, I'm so hyped for next week's episode. Kabuto vs. the Uchiha Brothers is finally happening!
ibnYsXv2hWvZZZ.gif

Episode 333 – The Risks of the Reanimation Jutsu
tumblr_mu3bt9QFjK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Song for the new OP (no.14) Size of Moon from Nogizaka46, sounds nice and has good coloring direction (the red and black and how they do it at the end), while the ED has a nice feel to it but has that amazing Sasuke focus and image. (Black Night Town - Akihisa Kondō).

Good episode for some action
Tsunade being impaled by the stone looked way more shocking here than in the manga
while the Kabuto, Sasuke, Itachi stuff served as a nice intro for next week.

Kabuto

tumblr_mughnwYNcA1rh5eero2_500.gif

tumblr_mughnwYNcA1rh5eero3_500.gif

tumblr_mughnwYNcA1rh5eero1_500.gif

tumblr_mugiwhHfBe1se99ano1_400.gif

It's happening! Great episode; I love how the anime is fleshing out this fight more than the manga. The flashback between Itachi and Sasuke was really touching. Kabuto was awesome too and he looks awesome as a Sage.

Episode 334 Sibling Tag Team
tumblr_muggjlhJdH1suf39no1_250.gif
tumblr_muggjlhJdH1suf39no3_250.gif

Sadly we live in a world where people hate Sasuke. Sasuke once again proves on today, naruto's bday even, that he is epic in everyway. This was handled quite better than the manga simply for the side by side comparision of the boar fight and the main fight with
dragon sage
Kabuto there with music and fairly good visuals.

Someone on staff must love lens flares though, there was one scene that is unforgettable. If only someone made non modified BW gifs of it (no time to do it myself sadly)

Tritroid

Awesome episode! Action, story elements, and flashbacks were all paced really well. I loved the flashback tie-in with the last few minutes of the episode. Animation wasn't that bad either!

Sadly we live in a world where people hate Sasuke. Sasuke once again proves on today, naruto's bday even, that he is epic in everyway.

I personally love this version of Sasuke. The Sasuke that shows that still, all along, his brother's approval is what matters most to him. It shows that Sasuke is finally coming around to where he currently is in the manga (Well..sort of).

The Sasuke that I hate, and I'm sure a lot of other fans do too, is the Sasuke that tries to act like a stone-faced badass with little to no remorse or sympathy for the people around him to pursue his own selfish 'avenger' routine. The guy that was too stupid to realize that his brothers' goal above everything else was the stability of the leaf village, and instead proclaimed "I WILL DESTROY THE LEAF RAAAAAH". That's the Sasuke I can't stand.

phaze

I'm so weak, having to wait a week for each new episode made me finally snap and read manga. At least I can finally listen to OST without comments spoiling every little thing.

Loving the new OP but it's a spoilers galore, I'd advise anime only watchers to skip it.

Good episode, Kabuto's looking appropriately creepy. It's a shame though that for sometime now,every Uchiha fight turns into Susanofest.
Episode 334 Sibling Tag Team

Sadly we live in a world where people hate Sasuke. Sasuke once again proves on today, naruto's bday even, that he is epic in everyway. )

Ehh Sasuke maybe epic but for me his actions are completely inexplicable. Tobi admitted right in front him that he took part in Uchiha massacre, yet Sasuke has shown no sign of wanting to kill him.
Itachi murdered his parents, clan. He tortured him and told him to kill his closest friend. Sasuke let's him completely off just because someone ordered him do all that ? I don't buy it.

Itachi is awesome. I love how stupid Sasuke goes from trying to act like the awesome tough guy around everyone else back to a NIIIIIIIIIIII-SAAAAN baby as soon as his brother is around again heh.

As a big brother myself it is kinda endearing I guess. :p

I hope they have some nice moments together.

Episode 335 – To Each Their Own Leaf
tumblr_mun3ruQ7Yx1s0ha57o1_500.gif

This arc makes Sasuke look all amazing and such, so no complaints from me. For the episode, Kabuto backstory is good animated and just as good as it was a few short months ago. Good so far.

phaze

So Danzo is singlehandedly responsible for most of shit that went wrong for Konoha. Nagato, Uchiha massacre and now Kabuto. His knowledge of Yakushi's past seems to imply he at least tolerated Orochimaru's activities in part 1 and earlier. Kabuto took part in chunin exam multiple times yet he was never exposed by the Root.

So Danzo is singlehandedly responsible for most of shit that went wrong for Konoha. Nagato, Uchiha massacre and now Kabuto. His knowledge of Yakushi's past seems to imply he at least tolerated Orochimaru's activities in part 1 and earlier. Kabuto took part in chunin exam multiple times yet he was never exposed by the Root.
I wish Danzo didn't get thrashed up already. Seems like he could have been a really good build for an arc.

Kabuto

I haven't enjoyed a back story this much in Naruto for a while now. Really great episode. Like the animation too.

I agree, this week's episode was great. The flashback was way more effective in the anime than the manga. When Kabuto found out he killed Mother, I felt so bad for him :(

Episode 337 – The Izanami Activated
tumblr_mvw8f38xyU1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mvw8f38xyU1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Cute impatient little brother Sasuke was pretty fun and hilarious to see during this episode helping lighten up some of the Izanami events going on. Along with that it was a great adaptation of the material and kind of a bit easier to follow than the associated chapters. I think they did a good job not trying to put the explanation of the technique this episode by having the Tailed Beast Counting Song and the Ending Theme play when it reached the 19 minute mark. I hope it will be explained well as the text explanation in the manga was a bit confusing to me back then, though that was just a quick read and I hadn't gone to reread it indepth.

It'll be explained in the next episode - I'm looking forward to it since the manga's explanation was a little convoluted :p

Every jutsu has a weakness.

*poofs into crows*

Ha, that was pretty good. Kinda crazy, but good. Pretty odd jutsu, and one that would probably drive someone insane. But now that this has happened...

Sasuke is probably even more pissed at the leaf for screwing his brother over yet again in the afterlife. That indirect fuel Itachi just threw on the fire is going to make Sauce start flaming little leaf children. He's gotta be EXTRA pissed off now. Oh boy...

Yet somehow the anime was even more convoluted... when in reality it's just accept your fate and you break it. Kinda simple!

I think they kept repeating information, plus the two jutsu names are familiar, so it was a bit overkill. I think they were trying to trap us in it since it felt like we kept going in a damn loop with what they were telling us lol

Moaradin

I want to get back into Naruto. How are the later chapters compared to the Pain arc? I watched up to about 140 before the dub ran out.

phaze

I want to get back into Naruto. How are the later chapters compared to the Pain arc? I watched up to about 140 before the dub ran out.

By Pain Arc you mean Pain vs Jiraiya or (don't highlight if its the first one)
Pain vs Konoha/Naruto
? The first ends on episode 133 the latter on 175. I generally consider 113-222 to be heights of Shippuden, so either way there's some good stuff there that's very much worth watching.

Moaradin

Pain vs Konoha/Naruto
? The first ends on episode 133 the latter on 175. I generally consider 113-222 to be heights of Shippuden, so either way there's some good stuff there that's very much worth watching.

Pain vs Jiraiya was the last thing I saw. Thinking of getting back into it after I get caught up with One Piece.

Is the anime still being dubbed in the US?

Pain vs Konoha/Naruto

Jeez, I can't believe it was that long ago already.

I believe so, new episodes are hitting through Neon Alley. Coming soon to Toonami, so in 45 years when they catch up I'm sure dub fans will be golden!

Kabuto

I love every time Madara makes an appearance in an episode, he's so cool haha. His Perfect Susanoo looks so much better in the anime. The Edo Tensei "glowing" effect looked really good too.

Itachi :(

tumblr_mwm5m0AyVw1s2wqnro1_500.gif

I'm so salty that Kabuto is
done now. Hopefully he comes back before the series is over

Episode 339 – I Will Love You Always
madaraepicchia2_by_tristtrist-d6v1sax.gif

We wanted Madara and they gave us Madara, fantastic abilities as usual and his Susanoo looked amazing and so much better than the manga did it (not that Kishimoto did bad, but still well worth it).

The kage expressions during the whole fight they showed really set the tone well and actually made it a bit depressing in someways to watch this all go down. The way Onoki let down his hands as if he was giving up, and even Lady Tsunade as well.

cried hard for Itachi and Sasuke again, why couldnt he stick around more :(

Wow...that was incredibly heavy :^(

Sasuke is so mentally fucked now, I can't even imagine.

Edit: Wait...what's to stop Kabuto from just starting another reanimation once the loop ends? If Sasuke doesn't kill him or something, I mean.

Tritroid

Edit: Wait...what's to stop Kabuto from just starting another reanimation once the loop ends? If Sasuke doesn't kill him or something, I mean.

Well that's the catch to Izanami isn't it. ;) The only way for Kabuto to stop the loop, is for him to stop trying to be something that he isn't. Which means, if he would ever stop the cycle of lying to himself and Izanami would end, he most likely wouldn't simply fire up Edo Tensei again. He would be a changed man.

Anyway, amazing finale for the best character in this anime hands down (Itachi, not Kabuto, lawl). Cried man-tears when Itachi by-passed the usual forehead poke, and pressed his forehead to Sasuke's. So much better than in the manga.

Does Madara even have to follow the laws of ninja physics at all? Christ that guy is too much lol. Also, I felt a little slighted by this ep so I wanted to see a bit of the preview for the next one. Don't do it...the next ep may be quite heavy o_O

Madara is so overpowered is ridiculous

His soul got lifted out of him and he pulled it back in. He wasn't in a dire state, full of adrenaline, or in desperate need to succeed. He got the strength to do it literally because he just felt like it. And he did it in the middle of another move. Didn't even charge up lol

Episode 341 – Orochimaru's Return
tumblr_mxcohdxPFU1sjl819o1_500.gif

Suigetsu was just as hilarious as in the manga as in this episode, perfect adaptation of the material. Sasuke too and how he selectively listens too Suigetsu and dishes orders and Suigetsu always sticking too him no matter what.

Finally the mask cracks

phaze

Voldemort should take some tips from Orochimaru. The latter's horcruxes are infinitely superior. No need for a messy ritual and splitting your soul. Disliked this bit in manga and it's no different here. Kishi should learn to leave dead characters in the ground where they belong.

Suigetsu has grown on me. Didn't like him much when he was first introduced but he cracks me up now.

Hope the studio will bring their A game for the animation in coming episodes.
(Very minor manga spoilers)

LordAlu

Hope the studio will bring their A game for the animation in coming episodes.
(Very minor manga spoilers)
I hope so considering they couldn't even bother to animate Naruto speaking in Kurama's voice like the manga and instead just had him magically speak without opening his mouth.

Kabuto

Animation was noticeably bad on Naruto sometimes this episode; his eyes looked like a chibi character.
The explanation for Tobi's power was actually easier to follow than in the manga.
Kakashi and Guy were really cool this week!

tumblr_mxrln0HJOI1qftn52o1_500.gif

tumblr_mxrln0HJOI1qftn52o2_r1_500.gif

Exciting stuff happening. :D

As someone who doesn't read the manga this is stuff I've been waiting to know for ages!

Last episode of the year coming this week though, returns in a few weeks. :( Why do they make me wait during exciting stuff!

Animation was noticeably bad on Naruto sometimes this episode; his eyes looked like a chibi character.
The explanation for Tobi's power was actually easier to follow than in the manga.
Kakashi and Guy were really cool this week!

tumblr_mxrln0HJOI1qftn52o1_500.gif

tumblr_mxrln0HJOI1qftn52o2_r1_500.gif
Yeah, they did a bang-up job with the "explanation no jutsu" (sorry) this episode. For once! Mostly an issue with the source material, though, so not like the animation team usually has much to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom