• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, this weeks episode made me hyped as f**k. Sooo exciting.

Can't wait to see everyone's expression when they show up, especially Naruto's.

His father and Sasuke 'on his side', he wont be able to process all that happy.

phaze

^They were quite uncomfortable with that too !

Naruto Shippuden:Episode 372
untitled-2b2uk8.png

Sakura:"So do you see me as some sort of weak woman who can't keep up with you ?"

Oh God she's self aware.

The worst shounen dad returns and gets a free power up to boot.

I don't get how suddenly everyone is able to use Doton chakra nature but alright, Shikamaru's genius apparently transcends the ninja physics.

Hiroyuki Yamashita is the animation director for 375. Hype !

Really cool, but it all seemed to happen so quickly almost lol. For something as.... 'big deal' as Sasuke returning to fight alongside them should have been.

Maybe cause the Hokage being there overshadowed it, too much at once. Minato fighting alongside Naruto would have been an amazing moment all on its own.

Oh well, when you're complaining about too much exciting things I guess thats pretty damn exciting lol - can't wait to see what happens next. Minato turning Super Nine-Tails was cool. :)

I wonder if team 7 will do a special team 7 combination jutsu. Even though they haven't fought together in years. They can come up with one on the fly. Chidoresengchanero!

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 374

Oro relegated to comic relief. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I like how earlier it took days to traverse the Fire country but now they're going from one end to another in the space of an hour.

Dull episode, thankfully the preview for 375 looks great.

phaze

YO, 375 was incredible!

And next week is an hour-long standalone Mecha Naruto thing.

More Jiraiya is always a good thing !

Naruto Shippuden 375

Great episode. Even the obligatory dose of Obito&Kakashi angst didn't manage to ruin it. I feared we were in for another flashback but what was there was well integrated into the episode. Yamashita delivered on the animation front. The combat in kamuiland was maybe the best since 322 and I really liked the short return of that inky art style from 248.

Welfare

Going to check the episode out now.

Why the hell is this thread called Hurricane Chronicles? I know it is the english translation, but maybe if it were Shippuden, it would get noticed more.

Why have I not noticed this thread before?
Probably because we're relegated to Community, but welcome!
Going to check the episode out now.

Why the hell is this thread called Hurricane Chronicles? I know it is the english translation, but maybe if it were Shippuden, it would get noticed more.
PM a mod! At this point the thread focuses far more on the Japanese release so it seems appropriate that it be renamed!
It looks like they brought back the animation team that did the tails Naruto and Pain fight going by the image of Obito?
Possibly, though I never know where one can find that sort of information. It certainly had that "hazy, kind of pastel, kind of off-model (in a GREAT way)" thing that seems to happen when the animation gets nice and fluid. If it could always be like that...

phaze

It looks like they brought back the animation team that did the tails Naruto and Pain fight going by the image of Obito?

They didn't. 167 (and OG Naruto 133) was directed by Atsushi Wakabayashi with animation done by few guys but especially by Norio Matsumoto. This ep was directed by Hiroyuki Yamashita, one of the best Naruto animators who however seems not to have drawn much for this episode. Ha got upped to directing a while ago and did episodes like Madara vs Alliance or Obito vs Mist. The 4 key animators for this episode are Ken'ichi Fujisawa, Naoki Kobayashi, Tatsuya Koyanagi and Emi Koun. The second one especially has been doing some great work lately.

iJKTQMXydU0uK.gif

I can't take it

Loved that bit.

Frog-fu

Banned
Schedule for September.

September 04, 2014
Naruto Shippuden Episode 375 – Kakashi vs. Obito
September 11, 2014
Naruto Shippuden Episodes 376/377 – Extra Edition: The Directive to Take the Nine Tails
September 18, 2014
Naruto Shippuden Episode 378 – Jinchuriki of the Ten Tails
September 25, 2014
Naruto Shippuden Episode 379 – An Opening
October 02, 2014
Naruto Shippuden Episode 380 – The Day of Naruto’s Birth
October 09, 2014
Naruto Shippuden Episode 381 – Divine Tree

Only one filler.

Verger

Banned
Well, what can you say. Kudos to Hiroyuki Yamashita. You can always expect great things when he is at the helm of an episode. His last two episodes of course were Madara's Epic intro and Tobito's "I'm in Hell" flashback. He's really the best animator and director the studio has for the show now, since people like Atsushi Wakabayashi are no doubt far too expensive to ever use anymore. I hope the studio is paying him well, I remember reading an article on him where he noted being paid very poorly but works long long hours (though I suppose that might be quite common in Japan)

Definite credit to him for taking a pretty damn lame fight in the manga (Kakashi vs. Obito) and actually turning it into something special. I'm pretty sure in the manga it was what, a couple of panels? This is where the anime medium is far better at evoking emotion (the overlays between past and present) than manga. (I especially liked the little touch of Tobito pushing aside his younger self to try to get Kakashi).

The next episode looks WTF? I mean, it sounds like something out of that Rock Lee show. Akatsuki and a Mecha Naruto? I guess this is probably Kishi's doing somehow (he made that stupid robot for the game I think)

Caught up on the last two episodes. In particular episode 375 my goodness it was OAV quality animation. Loved the various styles that flowed through the episode.

_Isaac

Caught up on the last two episodes. In particular episode 375 my goodness it was OAV quality animation. Loved the various styles that flowed through the episode.

For reals. and that fight between Kakashi and Obito was so cool. I thought for sure one of them was a goner.

The only thing I can remember is Guy popping out in that tutu and the ostrich(?) neck extruding from the crouch like thatsapenis_reverse.gif

And I remember baseball.
There was also poop. Lots of poop.

Todays Naruto Mecha Filler is hilarious, just the whole way the episodes play out and the comedy scenes and moments make it more enjoyable and entertaining than I even expected. I loved it.
Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 376-377

I feel like quarter of my braincells evaporated after watching this special. By going completely off the rails, they managed to make quite a funny episode. Loved Shino's self awareness, making fun of Naruto's hard on for Sasuke, Sakura's uselessness (was that a Gurren reference there?) or or just the sheer absurdity of the action. Deidara's trolling of Gaara probably takes the cake though.

Edit: Oh Neji admiring Yamoto's puke and the unfinished sand coffin were glorious as well.

The new Itachi OVA is pretty hilarious too.
Sasuke is truly demented.

Well the animation was terrible, which was to be expected, but it was certainly fun! Felt like an ep of Rock Lee in the style of the big show. There was even poop. Yay. Ish.

Yea its just promotion for the new game, bit random but I can accept it I guess. I actually am looking forward to playing the game, my copy is in the mail!

Just of course they have to do it right after the coolest episode/exciting finish in ages. :p Man the last episode was amazing.

Nine-tails Minato is awesome! And Sasuke being actually nice/friends with his snake is cool, I hate how he always just comes off as a jerk to everyone else/just using them etc normally.

Kakashi and Obito, dem feels, dat animation. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom