• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think I am just about ready to give up on naruto.
You lasted this long, why not just ride it out until the end? The anime will only last another year, at most.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 378

After a great one, a terrible episode. -_- Juubito and his powers deserved better. Art went to shit and I think they didn't even bother with animating Minato's chakra cloak. Him running toward Obito was a hideous sequence too. Well the last bit with Obito losing and regaining control was decent despite art issues.

"I will be the one to sever that bond" The hell are you talking about Sasuke? See that's why Kiba doesn't trust you, because you say shit like that when someone tries to kill naruto.

Episode 379 – An Opening
ByYb-UWIMAEQq_Y.png

Sakura and Hinata reconfirmed to canonically always be on the sidelines as SasuNaru takes charge of every situation smiling with nary a thought about them.

Phenomenal episode with the pincer attack and Konoha's Yellow Flash lame names for the attacks.

RSP

Call me lazy, but is there a list of episodes that are just the ones crucial to the storyline, without any fillers? I think it's been about two years since I've seen the last episode (save for a couple of highlights maybe) and I don't want to go through all of it.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 379

Obito with dem truthbombs. All would be fine and dandy if Minato only finished of Tobi the first time they met and let Kushina take care of Kyubii. With Hirashin seal on Obito it would have taken him 15 seconds.

Have we ever heard of a time limit on summoning before ? This was so out of nowhere. Apparently Sakura can keep her summon for a longer time than Naruto now. -_-

The Rasengan part was decent. Tobirama is the only Hokage with a brain under his skull.

Next episode is the 600th. I should get on that Part 1 filler hell one of those days.

openrob

Didn't know this thread existed haha. Glad to see the fight actually progressing somewhat recently. Seeing
Naruto and Sasuke
fighting together is pretty cool. Looking forward to tomorrows ep.

p.s. never really read the manga, and have avoided spoilers this long!

Next episode looks glorious for someone like me, fav part of the show is the Minato/Kushina/Naruto family stuff. Super hyped.

I loved seeing Naruto get pissed over someone saying shit about his dad. :')

phaze

Didn't know this thread existed haha. Glad to see the fight actually progressing somewhat recently. Seeing
Naruto and Sasuke
fighting together is pretty cool. Looking forward to tomorrows ep.

p.s. never really read the manga, and have avoided spoilers this long!

I get hit by spoilers like every other week. -_-

Naruto Shippuden 380

New ED is bad but the OP is decent. Generic in its first half but has some great cuts in the second one. It's also spoilery as always and finally exceeded my manga reach so no more openings for me.

Episode was meh. I loved ep 249 but they're milking it ad nauseam now.

The Minato and Kushina's stuff is my most fav part of the whole show but I didn't need to see so much of it all again right there lol. :p

New opening is cool but as usual, for a non-manga reader like me it has more info in it than I would like. A tease is nice but, yeah.

:( I love the show so much I will be very sad to see it finish. :( But at least it wont drag on and on forever, hope they do an awesome finish!

I imagine there wont be need for much more fillers now?

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 384

Huh I didn't even realise we were already here. I will finally be manga free as of the next week. The episode itself was terrible, the events in the manga were already bad enough (I even managed to forget all the power of friendship stuff and the hamfisted use of the rookie nine to make them seem relevant.) but they managed to spice it up with a non existent animation and a 5 minute flashback to 329 in the middle of the climax. -_-

Pierrot please, this is the end run of your long running milk cow. One well animated episode in 20 is not enough when dealing with such pivotal moments, splash some fucking cash.

I'm going to be spending a lot more time in this thread once the Manga ends.

In regards to 384, I feel like they totally ruined the build up and execution of the Talk no Jutsuverse. I hate that gaudy glittery space background they chose to use over the white abyss. The white space in the manga conveyed the sense of Obito's isolation so much better. I wish they would get some of the same story directors from part 1 again. There was a much better sense of build and pacing.

Regardless, I'm still hyped to see how they handle what's to come...

phaze

There's seemingly another filler arc coming up so predicting when anime will cover certain manga sections isn't very viable. Can someone confirm for me if there is yet another movie in the works ? (Googling anything naruto related is asking to be spoiled.)

Fj0823

There's seemingly another filler arc coming up so predicting when anime will cover certain manga sections isn't very viable. Can someone confirm for me if there is yet another movie in the works ? (Googling anything naruto related is asking to be spoiled.)

theres a movie in the works but Naruto is not the main character

We have a filler arc covering Chunin exams (but Iirc its set after chapter 699 so its going to be ahead of the anime chronologically).

I'm guessing after that we will have canon episodes till the epic finale which I'm expecting to be around late 2015. Late 2015 is also when we are getting another movie but if I say anymore you will be spoiled.

I wouldnt be surprised if there is yet another filler arc after the upcoming one, surely they could do like Bleach and do one rather epic final filler arc before adapting all the remaining chapters.

phaze

theres a movie in the works but Naruto is not the main character

My (much belated) thanks !

We have a filler arc covering Chunin exams (but Iirc its set after chapter 699 so its going to be ahead of the anime chronologically).

I'm guessing after that we will have canon episodes till the epic finale which I'm expecting to be around late 2015. Late 2015 is also when we are getting another movie but if I say anymore you will be spoiled.

Wait so it's not set during the timeskip between Naruto and Shippuden ? Sounds like another spoilers galore.

Nope.

In January, Naruto Shippuden will be telling the story of the Chunin Exams that took place during Naruto’s absence from the Hidden Leaf Village. This is the first since the incident with Orochimaru and Gaara, now Kazekage, is looking to make things right. With the help of the Leaf, the Hidden Sand Village will take on the responsibility as host. Unbeknownst to Gaara, Tsunade, and the ninja participating, there is danger on the horizon as an ominous figure approaches from the shadows. What is their objective? We’ll have to find out in the Naruto Shippuden Chunin Exam filler arc. Among the ninja in the arc are Sakura, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Choji, Neji, Rock Lee, Tenten, and Jinchuriki Fuu.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/naruto-shippuden-chunin-exam-arc/

It makes no sense to have filler when the manga has ended.....but I think they are getting ready to animate a certain upcoming fight which is only a few episodes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom