• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What even happened to the Senju clan?
What do you mean?
Tsunade is a Senju.
Many of the Senju died in battle. It doesn't seem that they left many descendants. Tsunade doesn't have any kids, don't think Tobirama had any kids either. (And 2 of the Senju brothers died young.)
I'd imagine that if there were other Senju that they got mixed in with other clans and have different names.

Honestly, the biggest plot issue not answered to me are the details of how Madara gave Nagato the rinnegan. Dude was old, stuck inside a cave, and could only use white zetsus to somehow give his eyes to a kid in some far off village.
Nagato wasn't a ninja until much later. Even towards the end, Madara was still powerful enough. This likely would have happened ~30 years ago or so. We don't really know what state Madara would have been in at the time, but it seems it would have been easy for him.

160404111826939479.png

rambis

Banned
What do you mean?
Tsunade is a Senju.
Many of the Senju died in battle. It doesn't seem that they left many descendants. Tsunade doesn't have any kids, don't think Tobirama had any kids either. (And 2 of the Senju brothers died young.)
I'd imagine that if there were other Senju that they got mixed in with other clans and have different names.

I don't think its ever really stated what happened with them. I mean looking at the flashbacks, there was definitely a whole clan beyond hashirama's branch. Its definitely a huge hole in the plot there's no real story behind their clan considering there importance and all of the uchiha bullshit we got.

Akai__

So yeah, this episode only adopted the rest of Manga Chapter 698. It was foolish of me to think that they would adopt 699, too. Anime and Manga title tricked me.

Anyways, that was once again a good episode. Loved the flashbacks and the music. I was actually surprised seeing that both
don't have their arms anymore.
I wonder if they will get them back somehow, though. Please don't answer that.

Hopefully, we won't see Fillers until it has adopted Chapter 700. Just do a "Naruto: Shippuuden - Untold Stories" series afterwards and put in as much Fillers you need to. Thanks.

rambis

Banned
So yeah, this episode only adopted the rest of Manga Chapter 698. It was foolish of me to think that they would adopt 699, too. Anime and Manga title tricked me.

Anyways, that was once again a good episode. Loved the flashbacks and the music. I was actually surprised seeing that both
don't have their arms anymore.
I wonder if they will get them back somehow, though. Please don't answer that.

Hopefully, we won't see Fillers until it has adopted Chapter 700. Just do a "Naruto: Shippuuden - Untold Stories" series afterwards and put in as much Fillers you need to. Thanks.
Won't spoil anything but its definitely not 700 yet. The next one is probably about half of 699 and we might be there a while in filler land.

Wonder if anyone has made a non-filler cut of the series. Would be nice. Like a fan Kai

I remember years ago that there was an edit of the first two arcs (Sasori, Orochimaru), which I think was even before DBZ Kai, but I have no idea if anyone's done anything past that.

Moaradin

That was a really good episode. Way more satisfying of a conclusion than I thought it would be.

Man, they're so goddamn close at ending Naruto on a very positive note. I almost don't want to believe Pierrot would be stupid enough to put filler between this and the proper ending but I can't count them out on fucking up that badly.

That was a really good episode. Way more satisfying of a conclusion than I thought it would be.

Man, they're so goddamn close at ending Naruto on a very positive note. I almost don't want to believe Pierrot would be stupid enough to put filler between this and the proper ending but I can't count them out on fucking up that badly.

Even if SP fucks up, we can edit the episode, by removing the filler. Naruto Kai has already been made by someone by doing this.

Moaradin

October 20, 2016
Naruto Shippuden Episode 480 – || Part A:NARUTO || Part B:HINATA ||
Naruto is the host of the Kyuubi. He trains all alone in the forest. During his training, a special someone appears.
October 27, 2016
Naruto Shippuden Episode 481 – || Part A:SASUKE || Part B:SAKURA ||
Sasuke wants Itachi’s attention. The parents of both boys suddenly go away for a few days, leaving the two brothers alone in the house.
November 03, 2016
Naruto Shippuden Episode 482 – || Part A:GAARA || Part B:SHIKAMARU||
With the One-Tailed beast, Shukaku, inside him and his uncle Yashamaru passively out to get him, young Gaara of the Desert had a difficult childhood.
November 10, 2016
Naruto Shippuden Episode 483 – || Part A:JIRAIYA || Part B:KAKASHI ||

Filler as far as the eye can see. If episode 479 doesn't adapt chapter 700 then GG

I haven't seen Shizune in ages, I'm surprised they were able to find someone on the staff that remembered how to draw her...wait she was in the Jiraiya filler... Just let it go Sasuke, you know you want to cry. The voice acting has been pretty good these last couple of eps. You can just hear all that tension leave Sasuke when he finally starts seeing Naruto as a friend. Two stupid fools bonded by blood, the post Kaguya stuff has been a good ride though.

Sasuke's VA is the best. His performance in the last few episode has been amazing.
Yes it really has been, he's been much better here than in say the War arc, though I didn't mind revenge filled Sasuke, it's probably just been really nice hearing more of a range from him and the character.

Yes it really has been, he's been much better here than in say the War arc, though I didn't mind revenge filled Sasuke, it's probably just been really nice hearing more of a range from him and the character.

Agreed. Though Sasuke's role in the war arc made it so his emotions were muted. Its like Part 1, where Sasuke lets his emotions truly out only in the end.

tumblr_oeq0jgJpMJ1tzyls4o1_1280.jpg

;____;

Agreed. Though Sasuke's role in the war arc made it so his emotions were muted. Its like Part 1, where Sasuke lets his emotions truly out only in the end.

tumblr_oeq0jgJpMJ1tzyls4o1_1280.jpg

;____;
If that's the case they did an excellent job bookending the two parts then. I know people on here like the accuse me of just shitting on Naruto but I'll mention the quality parts without a problem.

Can't even get the rank of Chunin, I got that rank at 6....then the manga forgot and I looked like I was 11 or 12 when I got it.
Lol. Couldn't even put up half a fight against Might Gai. I love how he gets knocked the fuck out and Guy doesn't even remember his face, even if Gai is pretty much like that with everybody. He at least knows who Kakashi is though cause he respects him.

Naruto not getting promoted to chuunin is one of the dumbest things that happened in Part I.

He beat Neji, who was widely acknowledged as a prodigy and a genius. In addition to demonstrating the ability to use Kage Bunshin, which is a highly ranked forbidden jutsu, he demonstrated control over a portion of Kurama's chakra and the ability to summon Gamabunta, which meant he was also acknowledged by Jiraiya, who was a living legend at that point. And on top of that he then protected his teammates and entire village against a fucking bijuu.

Shikamaru was promoted because he knew when to give up. Yeah, the guy was smart, but he didn't demonstrate anything remotely as impressive as Naruto.

Naruto didn't show any particular leadership strengths, but the chuunin that did over the course of the entire series can be counted on one hand, and he outsmarted a whole bunch of people smarter than him, including Neji.

The only reason Naruto wasn't promoted was to preserve this false premise of an underdog story. Which was bullshit from the jump.

Ray Down

Banned
Shikamaru was promoted because he knew when to give up. Yeah, the guy was smart, but he didn't demonstrate anything remotely as impressive as Naruto.

Naruto didn't show any particular leadership strengths
, but the chuunin that did over the course of the course of the entire series can be counted on one hand, and he outsmarted a whole bunch of people smarter than him, including Neji.

Off topic, but you saying this reminds me of Shikamaru segment in this Naruto Epilogue video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e62ou2TCjPc

Demoli

Lol. Couldn't even put up half a fight against Might Gai. I love how he gets knocked the fuck out and Guy doesn't even remember his face, even if Gai is pretty much like that with everybody. He at least knows who Kakashi is though cause he respects him.

Gai >>>>> Kakashi tbh

Manga Eight Gates was probably the hypest moment of the series for me.

Unpopular opinion but I hate how stupidly overpowered Eight Gates Gai is. Human potential in Naruto sans any godlike abilities shouldn't have been amounted to that much. It felt like Kishimoto was overcompensating for all the hype he had built up on the Eight Gates.

Granted, Madara was ultimately just playing with Gai and testing the limits of the new powers, but I don't think Gai should have ever come close doing to doing real damage to him. At most, he should have cracked Madara once and done some minor superficial damage akin to a scratch before Madara effortlessly laid him to waste.

theWB27

Unpopular opinion but I hate how stupidly overpowered Eight Gates Gai is. Human potential in Naruto sans any godlike abilities shouldn't have been amounted to that much. It felt like Kishimoto was overcompensating for all the hype he had built up on the Eight Gates.

Granted, Madara was ultimately just playing with Gai and testing the limits of the new powers, but I don't think Gai should have ever come close doing to doing real damage to him. At most, he should have cracked Madara once and done some minor superficial damage akin to a scratch before Madara effortlessly laid him to waste.

Uh...what? Didn't kaka admit guy was stronger? I see no reason why guy's most powerful move a makes him that strong.

It's the equivalent of a star dying. Immense power but short lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom