• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinko

I suspect there'll be within episode filler or draaaagonball style battles through this edition of naruto. I'm kind of suprised they went through the trouble of animating something that no one should be seeing for 30 odd episodes. Does it start the actual episode with a "2 weeks ago..." thing or what ? Animation was admittadly higher quality and it was nice to see newer music.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
sasori's fight was
veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long by manga standards (like 10 chapters) I can see it taking like 15 episodes in in the anime, it was still kickass fight :D cant wait to see it animated the only real highlight of that whole arc.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Regarding the latest Manga chapter:

So, things turned out as I had hoped they wouldn't after all,
Naruto beating Kakuzu in one hit was exactly what I had feared would happen, and naturally, Kishi made it happen. I think a lot of people are fearing that with these new uber justu's, the fight's will become even more DBZ like and less true ninja action.
I hope that the anime will be nice enough to add some filler to that fight, because it was very lame the way Kishi storyboarded it.

Oh well, I'm sure that lots of people are happier now with the
return of Sasuke and Orochimaru, and that it would seem they'll be in the next arc

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, that premiere episode was awesome. I don't give a shit about it being different from the manga either, seeing as Kishimoto has absolutely no sense of pacing and this double episode moved at lightning speed. Seriously, how many chapters did that cover?

Anyway, I'm excited about Naruto again for the first time in about two years. And that makes me happy.

mizuk_i

I've been waiting for this day for a long time. The music was really good too, at first i thought i was gonna miss the old music but the new stuff was great.

nubbe

Was hoping it would be in 16:9, bummer.

Haven't seen Naruto since episode 142 or so... Hope it brings back the Water Country feel to the series.

Looks promising.

Beezy

I just watched the first 8 minutes. The animation is friggin' amazing compared to that shit I saw in episode 220. :D

I don't give a **** about them showing this stuff too early to the people who don't read the manga, but I'm worried that we might get back into filler territory to quickly. :(

Beezy said:
I just watched the first 8 minutes. The animation is friggin' amazing compared to that shit I saw in episode 220. :D

I don't give a **** about them showing this stuff too early to the people who don't read the manga, but I'm worried that we might get back into filler territory to quickly. :(

while the animation is good, I was hoping it would be 133 good, im still hoping it reaches that level when the big fights come along

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Beezy said:

Sorry, I don't follow Naruto, I'm asking for my fiance. She likes to watch the show (usually on Youtube) and when she was done with 220, I thought it had a preview for 221. I was thinking maybe they were going to end the filler stuff first or something.

EDIT: Never mind, I take it that 221=Shippuden 1?

kiryogi

Banned
Outside of the cute keyword bits which were odd. I approve of Shippuden so far. I share the same sentiment as Meta. It's been almost 2 damn years since I dropped this show like a rock with all that damned filler. Next week's should be fun if i recall from the manga properly.

Yeah, I suppose it's good to be watching Naruto again. I never touched the fillers too much at all except one arc which people kept saying was good... but it wasn't so good. Overall it was a pretty good quality episode. It's a lot more enjoyable than those damn fillers. :p

Yoboman

Awesome episode. I only started watching Naruto recently and didn't even bother with the fillers, so it's like it never really stopped. Go me!:D

Timing is everything

the-iek

so the keyword was cute or what was this shit?! nice episode though, but its beginning confused me a bit, they should've shown "2 weeks before" or something.

DSN2K

still trying to get over how brilliant that intro was, some caps....

snapshot20070216154300.jpg

snapshot20070216154309.jpg

snapshot20070216154334.jpg

:D

Rorschach

It was alright. The animation ranged from pretty good to downright horrible, but I didn't expect it to be consistent. I actually like how the manga starts out, but this beginning was pretty cool too since it gives you a preview of things to come. A reason to stick with it for those who suffered through the filler. At first (since I haven't been keeping up with the filler) I thought that maybe I missed something because of the way it started. :lol

Can't wait to see some of the fights animated. Hopefully, they get the studio that did the bulk of the sasuke/naruto and orochimaru/third fights for the good stuff.

Rorschach said:
Can't wait to see some of the fights animated. Hopefully, they get the studio that did the bulk of the sasuke/naruto and orochimaru/third fights for the good stuff.

One can hope, but the one negative thing I do have to say is that, based on the credits, this was basically an outsourced korean production, which explains the misshapen faces.

I'm sure this thread will be filled with the usual criticisms as it goes through the same 1.5 chapter progression every episode, but I'm glad to see the series is back anyways. Poor neglected Shino -_-

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Surprise surprise, a cocktease episode starts off the new series. Ah well, the first 8 minutes were pretty damn cool, and that succeeds in improving my interest level. I'll be following the series again.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
Poor neglected Shino -_-
More like poor neglected Team 8. Shino, Kiba and Hinata have been utterly ignored thus far in Naruto Hurricane. Hopefully the next manga arc will feature them, but then with
Orochimaru and Sasuke making a return in the next arc it seems,
that wouldn't seem like a good time to bring them in.

Oh well, I hope the anime puts more meat into the battles than what was in the manga, too many of them are way too short.

Rorschach

Ark-AMN said:
More like poor neglected Team 8. Shino, Kiba and Hinata have been utterly ignored thus far in Naruto Hurricane. Hopefully the next manga arc will feature them, but then with
Orochimaru and Sasuke making a return in the next arc it seems,
that wouldn't seem like a good time to bring them in.

Oh well, I hope the anime puts more meat into the battles than what was in the manga, too many of them are way too short.
Speaking of the manga, did you guys notice that
Sasuke is doing some killing while Team 7 gets Kakashi to do the dirty work? :p

EviLore said:
Surprise surprise, a cocktease episode starts off the new series. Ah well, the first 8 minutes were pretty damn cool, and that succeeds in improving my interest level. I'll be following the series again.
You'll probably be disappointed. :\ There is more team gai to be had, though. Oh, and it looks like very soon you'll get a
Gaara match.

Error

Im interested to see how they do
sasori's fight
some complained about the lenght in the manga, I thought the fight was really badass cant wait to see it animated.

seeing Deidara and Sasori walking towards the Sand Country is so badass. I liked the episodes and welp Im back to watching the Naruto anime after 3 years? lol

scarybore

Rorschach said:
Speaking of the manga, did you guys notice that
Sasuke is doing some killing while Team 7 gets Kakashi to do the dirty work? :p

But Orochimaru says Sasuke is too soft as he didn't kill a single one, Sasuke just incapacitated them :p I'm looking forward to the next arc, so many things could happen at this point. Hopefully no more training for a while.

Im interested to see how they do
sasori's fight
some complained about the lenght in the manga, I thought the fight was really badass cant wait to see it animated.

I thought the same, and I never understood the complaints. It doesn't seem that
Sasori is a hugely popular Akatsuki member either which is strange as he is probably the most fleshed out character in the group barring perhaps Itachi.

seeing Deidara and Sasori walking towards the Sand Country is so badass.

So true, especially with the epic style music that pops up but then again I'm a huge Deidara fan so I would say that :D . Talking of the music, not sure what to make of it yet, but it is certainly very different in tone compared to what the original series had.

Rorschach

Deathcraze said:
But Orochimaru says Sasuke is too soft as he didn't kill a single one, Sasuke just incapacitated them :p I'm looking forward to the next arc, so many things could happen at this point. Hopefully no more training for a while.
I thought he said
"You didn't kill all of them" as in he only killed some of them...
My bad. :p

Ark-AMN

Banned
I know many people didn't like them, but I actually am really looking forward to seeing
Hidan and Kakuzu's fights animated. Though more so Kakuzu because he was just so damn bizzare with those masks and his tentacles.

I also hope that they add a lot of filler to the
Itachi and Kisame clone fights
as those were pretty short and brief in the manga. I don't think anyone would complain for more screen time for Team Guy. :D

scarybore

Rorschach said:
I thought he said
"You didn't kill all of them" as in he only killed some of them...
My bad. :p

May be possible with all the translations for naruto but that was my understanding of it, since
Sasuke says something like "they aren't the ones I want to kill".

Out of interest, are the ninjas that Sasuke took out Sound ninja just for practice or some other faction. Akatsuki already hiring ninjas or just some random fodder we will never know more of?

Ark-AMN

Banned
Hmm, people will probably kill me for saying this, but I've grown to like many of the English Naruto voice actors, so going back to the Japanese one's is kind of awkward.

For example, I enjoy Yuri Lowenthal much more as Sasuke, and Liam O'Brian does a real 'killer' Gaara. :)

EviLore said:

Can you please explain the first 8 mins....was that a dream? Little confused.

Ark-AMN

Banned
bigmit3737 said:
I'm guessing it was a teaser of what is to come. They probably felt that after so much filler with no Sasuke, well, they should show Sasuke. :)

Man, one thing that really impressed me was the music, it fits the new series well. Though I hope that there will be remixes of some of the older soundtrack (though I hear there's a completely different composer now) like Orochimaru's theme and others.

Still, the music that plays when Sasori and Deidara appear over the horizon is the shit! :D

Rorschach

Deathcraze said:
May be possible with all the translations for naruto but that was my understanding of it, since
Sasuke says something like "they aren't the ones I want to kill".

Out of interest, are the ninjas that Sasuke took out Sound ninja just for practice or some other faction. Akatsuki already hiring ninjas or just some random fodder we will never know more of?
I thought
they had infiltrated some compound. I didn't get to see the headbands...
Oh well, we'll find out soon :p

bigmit3737 said:
The first eight minutes are
from a quite a few chapters ahead in the story. That meeting will actually take place later on in the series.

Kusagari

bigmit3737 said:

It was simply fanservice for Japan since they love Sasuke. That scene actually does happen but it'll be far later on.

Ark-AMN said:
I'm guessing it was a teaser of what is to come. They probably felt that after so much filler with no Sasuke, well, they should show Sasuke. :)

Man, one thing that really impressed me was the music, it fits the new series well. Though I hope that there will be remixes of some of the older soundtrack (though I hear there's a completely different composer now) like Orochimaru's theme and others.

Still, the music that plays when Sasori and Deidara appear over the horizon is the shit! :D

That music was amazing!

Kusagari said:
It was simply fanservice for Japan since they love Sasuke. That scene actually does happen but it'll be far later on.

Wow, that does happen...Holy sh*t things are going to get interesting...

Thaedolus

I agree with most points here:

1. The opening scene was awesome
2. The new music rocked
3. The rest of the episodes was kind of meh, but as it's setting up the new season, it gets apass.
4. The animation seems better than when it started its downhill trend.

Overall, I'm excited about Naruto again, so mission accomplished

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, that was pretty awesome. I gave up on Naruto during the filler but I'm right back in. Really nice music too. A few questions tho:

- How did Gaara become Kazekage?
- Where are my faves: Lee, Ten-Ten and Neji? :D
- Who is that guy with Naruto and Sakura in the intro scene?

Cloudy said:
Ok, that was pretty awesome. I gave up on Naruto during the filler but I'm right back in. Really nice music too. A few questions tho:

- Where are my faves: Lee, Ten-Ten and Neji? :D
- Who is that guy with Naruto and Sakura in the intro scene?

-Lee and the other 2 will be featured very soon
-his name is Sai

Error

Cloudy said:
gaara's dad was killed by orochimaru and gaara being appointed Kazekage means he is the strongest warrior in the sand country.

makes sense since gaara is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom