• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Error2k4 said:
gaara's dad was killed by orochimaru and gaara being appointed Kazekage means he is the strongest warrior in the sand country.

makes sense since gaara is awesome.
Indeed, though I was a bit bummed that he didn't utter a word during the episodes, but I guess they didn't want to differ from the manga that much.

Also, when Yura was discussing Akatsuki, I could swear that behind the more prominent silhouettes of Itachi, Kisame and the plant guy, there was
Kakuzu, the Leader and the Unknown character, though I couldn't be sure, except for Kakuzu because his headpiece was pretty noticeable

Anyway, can't wait for Ep3, though Ep's 4 and 5 will no doubt be the real special ones (titled "Jinchūriki of the Sand" and "As the Kazekage...!" respectively)

Crow

Ark-AMN said:
Indeed, though I was a bit bummed that he didn't utter a word during the episodes, but I guess they didn't want to differ from the manga that much.

Well he said 'understood'. But that's about it.

MetatronM said:
Ok, that premiere episode was awesome. I don't give a shit about it being different from the manga either, seeing as Kishimoto has absolutely no sense of pacing and this double episode moved at lightning speed. Seriously, how many chapters did that cover?

Anyway, I'm excited about Naruto again for the first time in about two years. And that makes me happy.

Pretty succint.

Oh and Sai was freakin awesome. I've always liked him as a character and seeing him animated, even if oh so briefly, was awesome.

empanada

Just watched it. Very nice! Intro teaser was awesome...but non-manga-readers are all confused. :D

Yeah, I agree that the anime should take the manga and rearrange/expand some parts to get a better flow and not catch up to the manga too fast.

Keyword stuff was probably for a TV competition or some win-a-prize thing in Japan.

reading the manga is a must if you want to enjoy Naruto

edit: speaking of which... 342 seems to point at a very promising new arc
please please please make it so :D

aoi tsuki

Aside from the prologue, this episode was about what i expected. If anything, it makes me want to read the manga again, which i haven't read since the end of
Kakashi Gaiden

Ark-AMN

Banned
Crow said:
Well he said 'understood'. But that's about it.
Hah, True, I missed that the first time through, though that was cause it only lasted a second. :D

I thought animation wise the episode was just fine. I'm not annoyed if the quality goes down when they're just standing around and talking. But like others, I'll be expecting things to go up to at least the quality of the prologue when the fights start.

Saoh

awesome! cant wait for this!!!! :D :D

thank you jebus! all characters look weird grown-up :p

i know i should read the manga but i just dont have time.

Rorschach

Saoh said:
awesome! cant wait for this!!!! :D :D

thank you jebus! all characters look weird grown-up :p

i know i should read the manga but i just dont have time.
~2.5 MB download vs ~250mb download
~5 mins of reading vs ~20 of watching

;)

Btw- I didn't realize Sai was so ****ing pale...

Ark-AMN

Banned
DarknessTear said:
With some specials they do giveaways and stuff.
Hmm, I guess those kind of inserts probably wouldn't be featured in the US version of Naruto (on TV or DVD) that being the case. I found some of the ones where they compare the older and younger versions funny, like the Sakura one where she shows getting 'trained' by Tsunade. :lol

Ark-AMN said:
Hmm, I guess those kind of inserts probably wouldn't be featured in the US version of Naruto (on TV or DVD) that being the case. I found some of the ones where they compare the older and younger versions funny, like the Sakura one where she shows getting 'trained' by Tsunade. :lol

yeah some of them are quite good

Rorschach

Linkzg said:
so is that in every episode?
Only special episodes. Notice how this was an hr long thing. Ep 1-2 together. :p

I've seen them in their hour specials where they do recaps or stupid side filler.

May16

Smiles and Cries said:
what is this keyword stuff I feel like I'm watching PBS Kids
They're gradually spelling "Shippuuden," which is the Japanese subtitle of the new show. Just flash and presentation, really.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Here's a neat screencapture from the episode when the brief Akatsuki image appears:
akatsukixc7.jpg

Well, you can definately see Itachi, Kisame, Zetsu,
Kakuzu, The Leader (spiky hair), and the unknown member (that thing in his/her hair).
I also think that if you look just just behind Kisame you can see the back of
Hidan's head

Pretty neat, can't wait to see them in action. :D

Good episode overall, but damn that c**k tease at the beginning with Naruto & Emo boy.
We wont get back to that part until like a month from now, watch.
And is Suske really that powerful enough to crush the 9 tails dragon? Damn

(Rhetorical question, dont answer that with a spoiler)

Beezy

Projenitor said:
Good episode overall, but damn that c**k tease at the beginning with Naruto & Emo boy.
We wont get back to that part until like a month from now, watch.
And is Suske really that powerful enough to crush the 9 tails dragon? Damn

(Rhetorical question, dont answer that with a spoiler)

:lol :lol :lol

You'll have to wait much longer than that.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Beezy said:
:lol :lol :lol

You'll have to wait much longer than that.
I truly hope so, the longer it takes to progress, the slimmer the chances of having to endure another 2+ year long filler nightmare as has already happened.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Ark-AMN said:
I truly hope so, the longer it takes to progress, the slimmer the chances of having to endure another 2+ year long filler nightmare as has already happened.
Amen to that brother, god those fillers were awful I dropped naruto from my anime list at that time, but I truly enjoyed ep 221 and 222. Though after reading the latest manga can't wait till the anime reaches around here.

I have no idea if this is asking a lot or not, but can someone sum up the last one hundred episodes of Naruto? I stopped watching around 129. I enjoyed it quite a bit up through the Tsunade arc and tried to watch after that. Made it to the part where
Sasuke goes to join Orochimaru to become powerful and there are a thousand chase episodes where Naruto and friends try to find him
. Does that ever end? Could someone give a brief description that could get me to the new series? I can't go back to the old one.

Beezy

Pokeylongo said:
I have no idea if this is asking a lot or not, but can someone sum up the last one hundred episodes of Naruto? I stopped watching around 129. I enjoyed it quite a bit up through the Tsunade arc and tried to watch after that. Made it to the part where
Sasuke goes to join Orochimaru to become powerful and there are a thousand chase episodes where Naruto and friends try to find him
. Does that ever end? Could someone give a brief description that could get me to the new series? I can't go back to the old one.

Fix your spoiler tag. :p

Naruto and Sasuke have the greatest fight scene in the whole show so far around episode 133. I won't tell you what happened since you're trying to get back into the show. After that fight scene is over with the show goes into complete filler mode and there are no more episodes worth watching. Yes, that's almost 100 episodes of pointless, badly animated filler episodes. Skip to last week when the new series called Naruto Shippuden begins with a double episode. It's the first episode since the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight that has anything to do with the manga.
You don't have much catching up to do thanks to the crappy filler eps.

valparaiso

I had an Al Sharpton friend...Once! Well not a friend really, but we talked a few times. Well one time. Well I yelled out my window "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
am i the only one who didn't like the art/drawing in chapter 133? i dunno which studio made it (bones?), but it looked pretty bad to me back then and even worse when i saw it again this week in the flashback. the animation was good, but jesus christ they both looked like chubby three-year-old nerds.

Oh god, Sasubitch is turning his back on Orochimaru. Kinda dumb though, figuring he's using the curse seal to attack Oro. Where will he go now to be trained? Who'd want to train someone who has turned his back and become traitor 2 times in 3 years?

Also this new technique is just as damaging as the kyuubi is. So why doesn't he forego these techniques and just kyuubify? Only people he'd kill accidentally are boring characters (Sakura, Sasuky, etc) who get in the middle.

Sai

The Abominable Snowman said:
Oh god, Sasubitch is turning his back on Orochimaru. Kinda dumb though, figuring he's using the curse seal to attack Oro. Where will he go now to be trained? Who'd want to train someone who has turned his back and become traitor 2 times in 3 years?
Why would he need to train under anyone at this point? He claims that there's nothing left for Orochimaru to teach him. And while it hasn't exactly been confirmed, Sasuke is likely a fair bit stronger than Kakashi; he doesn't necessarily need to be an apprentice to anyone at this point.

And by the way, I think there's a reason Kishimoto was just suddenly reminded of Kakashi's Evil Suppression Seal on Sasuke's Cursed Seal two or three chapters ago, when it was entirely absent during Sasuke's re-introduction in Volume 34. Orochimaru has the capability to restrict those with Cursed Seals, as he demonstrated with Anko during the Chuunin Exam. Kakashi's Seal may play a big part in Sasuke resisting this.

... Not saying that Sasuke will actually succeed in killing Orochimaru, but there's a strong possibility that they'll be cutting their ties after this.

Also this new technique is just as damaging as the kyuubi is.

The Kyuubi turns him into a raging beast willing to kill both friend and foe. Damages his entire body, and forcing him to go through a process that eventually shortens his lifespan.

The Rasenshuriken's only drawback is that it damages Naruto's hand after repeated uses, and the technique is still only 50% complete.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Episode 3 is out, you should all know where you can find it. :)

Deidara owns, that's all that needs to be said, and his fight hasn't really even started yet.
seeing his clay spiders blow up the Sand's guards is awesome

narutoshippudenDeidarabegins.gif

EDIT: gif not my creation

Ark-AMN said:

I was really impressed; the episode had a great sense of pacing while interweaving the two stories together. What looked like awkward manga pacing really seemed better in motion. Even the anbu report at the end is nice as a little recap/fan thing.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Just a note, the sub is out as well. As usual, you know where to search for it. :lol

Some other impressions, I'm actually pleased about the filler that they put into the bell test which from what I remember of the manga, had very little to it. It gives me hope for the
Hidan and Kakuzu battles which I thought were shamefully lacking in terms of substance, despite the uniqueness of the two villains

Also, some people were not that pleased with the time spent on showing the recaps to the first bell test, but I thought they were done very effectively and showed off the characters growth, especially Sakura's, who back then was so useless and thinking only of Sasuke.

Ark-AMN said:

Deidara owns, that's all that needs to be said, and his fight hasn't really even started yet.
seeing his clay spiders blow up the Sand's guards is awesome

narutoshippudenDeidarabegins.gif

EDIT: gif not my creation

It's out!!! OMG, I needed something to watch today.

Okay its amazing how Naruto Shippuden revived this series..

I am now beyond excited every week to see what I read animated..

Next week episode 4 will be ****ing amazing

3 was amazing as well.. The training was awesome
and deidara spiders on faces with bloody black tar explosions ftw

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
akatsuki is full of badasses!

wait till you people see the other members :D the manga is pretty good now btw

The Abominable Snowman said:

Also this new technique is just as damaging as the kyuubi is. So why doesn't he forego these techniques and just kyuubify? Only people he'd kill accidentally are boring characters (Sakura, Sasuky, etc) who get in the middle.

where is this spoiler from?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Actually impressed by episode 3, except for the unnecessary flashbacks. While the art varies a lot between still/slow shots and fast action, that seems to be allowing it to handle lots of high intensity sequences without pacing annoyances (i.e. cutting to observers' reactions constantly, dbz-style posturing, etc.).

And sakura is actually useful? Unpossible.

Error

the episode covered only one chapter and little bit of the other, so they are going really slow. the added stuff wasnt bad tho I enjoy it

Rorschach

w00t Gaara battle starts next ep.

where is this spoiler from?
Latest manga.

Sakura has changed a lot in the manga but not enough for my taste
I like how she
fell for Naruto, but he's too busy lusting for Sasuke to notice. Also, her defeating an Akatsuki member while the others fought another one was pretty useful.

Error

Sakura has improved a lot yeah I dont want to spoil but she is going to kick ass soon.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sai said:
Why would he need to train under anyone at this point? He claims that there's nothing left for Orochimaru to teach him. And while it hasn't exactly been confirmed, Sasuke is likely a fair bit stronger than Kakashi; he doesn't necessarily need to be an apprentice to anyone at this point.

Somehow, I truly doubt Sasuke has learned everything there is to learn from Orochimaru. That's just Sasuke being an over confident moron as usual (aka, Orochimaru isn't so stupid to train Sasuke up to his level completely). In the end, somewhere down the line, it'll be revealed that Sasuke has complete fallen for Orochimaru's trap. One doesn't simply leave someone like that, and "cut all ties." Sasuke certainly isn't close to Itachi's level yet to be able to pull that off. Besides, if Kakashi's seal was that important, Orochimaru would have stopped him when he was right there watching him perform it.

All that being said, it's sad to see that I still hate Sasuke's character. Just drags down the whole series for me. =(

Error

Kintaro said:
No, she hasn't. Still useless as shit, and a waste of space.
eh... what?

she helped Chiyo kill Sasori and without her I doubt shiyo or however she is called would've defeated Sasori, if that's useless then damn

Hero

I think it's pretty clear that what is going to happen is that Sasuke and Orochimaru will probably have some kind of quick little fight with the battle going in Sasuke's favor only until Orochimaru goes 'fufufu' or however he laughs and he's going to activate the curse seal on Sasuke's body and completely own his body.

Should be interesting any way you slice it though.

As far as the anime is concerned, I'm really happy with what they've done so far. They're taking a decent pace, adding a bit of flashback and some 'filler' content to stretch out the manga per anime episode count, which is fine by me. The animation quality seems to be decent to oustanding depending on the scene. It was quite amusing to see Kakashi do the Omote Renge on three of Naruto's shadow clones.

Zalasta

The only fight I'm interested in seeing animated is between
Naruto in Nine-tail form vs. Orochimaru
, nothing else from the manga besides that was memorable to me. And in my opinion, most of the characters revealed so far from that group Orochimaru belonged to have been pretty disappointing. They are just not very interesting, neither are their specialty jitsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom