• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

cdyhybrid

P8Ois9v.png

DM's boy Cena has a one-way ticket to Snap City.

Wes

venison crêpe
The NFL Mock Draft Live for those who don't want to watch it all (although there are videos for the individual picks on the NFL.com frontpage).

I don't think it's as completely wacky as others suggest. Goes off the "consensus" type of mocks around #10 but anything past #10 in any mock is a crapshoot anyways.

1. Browns - DE Garrett (Daniel Jeremiah)
2. 49ers - DL Thomas (Steve Mariucci)
3. Bears - CB Lattimore (Bucky Brooks)
4. Jaguars - TE Howard (Maurice Jones-Drew)
5. Titans - S Adams (Cynthia Frelund)
6. Jets - RB Fournette (Colleen Wolfe)
7. Chargers - S Hooker (Dave Dameshek)
8. Panthers - DL Allen (Ike Taylor)
9. Bengals - DE Barnett (Mariucci)
10. Bills - WR Williams (Brooks)
11. Saints - WR Davis (Frelund)
12. Browns - LB Foster (Jeremiah)
13. Cardinals - CB White (Jones-Drew)
14. Eagles - RB McCaffrey (Wolfe)
15. Colts - LB Reddick (Dameshek)
16. Ravens - RB Cook (Taylor)
17. Redskins - QB Trubisky (Brooks)
18. Titans - CB Conley (Frelund)
19. Bucs - TE Njoku (Jeremiah)
20. Broncos - G Lamp (Dameshek)
21. Lions - DE Harris (Mariucci)
22. Cheerleaders - DE McKinley (Wolfe)
23. Giants - TE Engram (Taylor)
24. Raiders - LB Jarrad Davis (Jones-Drew)
25. Texans - OT Ramcyzk (Brooks)
26. Seahawks - WR Ross (Dameshek)
27. Chiefs - QB Watson (Jeremiah)
28. Cowboys - DE Taco Charlton (Jones-Drew)
29. Packers - LB TJ Watt (Mariucci)
30. Steelers - FootballPlayer Peppers (Taylor)
31. Falcons - CB King (Wolfe)
32. Saints - QB Mahomes (Frelund)

Hindl

See if the draft fell like that I'd be ok with McCaffrey. Pretty much everyone else got taken and it's between him and Cook, and McCaffrey doesn't have the shoulder or off the field issues. Still crazy that no QB got selected in the top half

MechDX

See if the draft fell like that I'd be ok with McCaffrey. Pretty much everyone else got taken and it's between him and Cook, and McCaffrey doesn't have the shoulder or off the field issues. Still crazy that no QB got selected in the top half

Part of mw still thinks the hype for any of the QBs this year is media and agent driven

Pepiope

No I'd want Conley there instead. I'd dislike the McCaffrey pick. We need a feature back, not a tinker toy. If we draft him at #14 then we still need to draft another RB.

Striker

"Yes, it's odd that the Giants will open at Dallas, after opening there in 2013, 2015 and 2016. That's four out of five years opening at Jerryworld, and three in a row. Odd, but nothing else."
Peter King, brehs

effzee

Which is why this draft isn't realistic. Now the Eagles might still like/love McCaffrey enough to take him at 14 but there is no way at least 1-2 QBs don't go in the top 10.

Add in a surprise pick of a guy in the top 10 who all had going much later and or a player dropping, means a top 10 talent is going to drop to the Eagles at 14. Could be Foster, could be a top CB, DL, or even the best RB in Fournette.

I can't decide who they should take in such a scenario, which means they have tons of needs for immediate impact players but also that you can make a legit case for any of these players on the Eagles.

No I'd want Conley there instead. I'd dislike the McCaffrey pick. We need a feature back, not a tinker toy. If we draft him at #14 then we still need to draft another RB.

Pederson runs the Reid offense. They don' like to run much, consider the screen game/short passes the same as rushing attempts, and really haven't featured workhorse RBs. I'd love an offense where they had an RB or two who carried the ball for 25-30 times a game but just doesn't seem like the goal with the Reid/Pederson offense.

That said of the top guys who might drop to the Eagles, McCaffery would be the least favorite of mine. He would be an immediate upgrade and provide a great weapon to Wentz but like most, I think you can get a lot of value out of an RB in the late rounds.

effzee

I wonder how far back Sidney Jones drops. Was going to be a top 5 CB available until his injury correct?

I'd love for the Eagles to get 2-3 CBs who can play now but wouldn't mind them taking a chance on Jones in round 5-6 if he is available. Let him sit and recover for a year and he could be a great addition to next year's team.

My personal prediction for the Eagles is still Charles Harris @ 14. And I think I am ok with this pick. Their DLINE needs to get tons more pressure from the front 4 and it was really lacking last year. Yes CB is the biggest need but this draft is rich with CBs and besides no matter how elite your secondary is, if you give most all QBs enough time they will find an open WR.

The Eagles need a DLINE which brings pressure without the need to Blitz and Schwarts doesn't like to blitz much anyway.

I'd go with Harris, unless Foster is there. If both are somehow gone, I'd love for them to take Corey David @ 14.

My top 3 would be

1.Foster (don't think he will be there)
2. Harris (my prediction of who they will take)
3. Davis (would love to add to WR group as future #1 WR on this team)

Hindl

I wonder how far back Sidney Jones drops. Was going to be a top 5 CB available until his injury correct?

I'd love for the Eagles to get 2-3 CBs who can play now but wouldn't mind them taking a chance on Jones in round 5-6 if he is available. Let him sit and recover for a year and he could be a great addition to next year's team.

My personal prediction for the Eagles is still Charles Harris @ 14. And I think I am ok with this pick. Their DLINE needs to get tons more pressure from the front 4 and it was really lacking last year. Yes CB is the biggest need but this draft is rich with CBs and besides no matter how elite your secondary is, if you give most all QBs enough time they will find an open WR.

The Eagles need a DLINE which brings pressure without the need to Blitz and Schwarts doesn't like to blitz much anyway.

I'd go with Harris, unless Foster is there. If both are somehow gone, I'd love for them to take Corey David @ 14.

My top 3 would be

1.Foster (don't think he will be there)
2. Harris (my prediction of who they will take)
3. Davis (would love to add to WR group as future #1 WR on this team)

Sidney Jones isn't making it to the Eagles 3rd, let alone the 6th. I'll agree that Harris is probably the pick and I'd be ok with it though

Maybe I'll be surprised Thursday but Schwartz isn't going to take Conley. He's a great CB but his #1 flaw is the biggest thing Schwartz wants. He doesn't use his hands, he's afraid of tackling, and he isn't aggressive. Schwartz would probably take Teez Tabor over Conley.

As for the feature back thing, that just doesn't make sense. He's pretty much the same size as both Westbrook and Shady, they were feature backs right? I'm not trying to start shit, but if McCaffrey was black he'd be a top 10 pick guaranteed. His average carries per game were higher last year than Zeke, Bell, Gordon, Blount, and other lead backs in the NFL. He's not a bruiser, but it's not like he's 6'2" 190. He's right in line with previous feature backs in the very offense the Eagles are running, except I'd argue he's a more dynamic pass catcher than Shady/Westbrook coming out. He's got the tape, he's got the outstanding college production, and he had an incredible Combine to back all of that up. Is he my #1 pick? No, he's probably 5 or 6, and it's a coinflip for me between him and Cook. And no, he's not a bruiser, Terrell Watson in his limited touches last year showed potential to be that. I'd be fine with McCaffrey. He's demonstrated a willingness to run between the tackles too, it's not like he's just getting sweeps and tosses either

Pepiope

I've seen him be linked to Darren Sproles. If he can be a Westbrook or shady then great, but I don't want to draft a receiver out of the backfield at #14

Hindl

He's comparable to Sproles in that he has that same pass-catching ability out of the backfield and being a general dynamic weapon. But he has 5 inches and 15+ lbs on Sproles. He's more like a Tiki Barber

effzee

Sidney Jones isn't making it to the Eagles 3rd, let alone the 6th. I'll agree that Harris is probably the pick and I'd be ok with it though

I wouldn't mind the Eagles using the 3rd round pick on him only if they pick a possible starter in round 1 or 2.

Maybe I'll be surprised Thursday but Schwartz isn't going to take Conley. He's a great CB but his #1 flaw is the biggest thing Schwartz wants. He doesn't use his hands, he's afraid of tackling, and he isn't aggressive. Schwartz would probably take Teez Tabor over Conley.

As for the feature back thing, that just doesn't make sense. He's pretty much the same size as both Westbrook and Shady, they were feature backs right? I'm not trying to start shit, but if McCaffrey was black he'd be a top 10 pick guaranteed. His average carries per game were higher last year than Zeke, Bell, Gordon, Blount, and other lead backs in the NFL. He's not a bruiser, but it's not like he's 6'2" 190. He's right in line with previous feature backs in the very offense the Eagles are running, except I'd argue he's a more dynamic pass catcher than Shady/Westbrook coming out. He's got the tape, he's got the outstanding college production, and he had an incredible Combine to back all of that up. Is he my #1 pick? No, he's probably 5 or 6, and it's a coinflip for me between him and Cook. And no, he's not a bruiser, Terrell Watson in his limited touches last year showed potential to be that. I'd be fine with McCaffrey. He's demonstrated a willingness to run between the tackles too, it's not like he's just getting sweeps and tosses either

I just don't the every down back makes sense. They have Smallwood, who they reportedly like a ton, Darren Sproles, and as of now still Ryan Mathews. Plus Reid jr doesn't want to run the ball with a feature back.

Good morning

And we're off to the races! Some embargoed smokescreening courtesy of Rapsheet (posting at exactly 7am? please):

Niners considering a quarterback with draft's No. 2 pick
Please don't let us fall for this...

Pls...

I've seen him be linked to Darren Sproles. If he can be a Westbrook or shady then great, but I don't want to draft a receiver out of the backfield at #14
Now.. I have said that he's looked like Darren Sproles and I am not the biggest Caf fan.. but I will say.. that my initial assessment of Caf may have been wrong and feel that the Westbrook comparisons actually are better. I see more of that than the Spoles comparison because he's a better between the tackles runner than Sproles.

I feel like Hindl is correct and they go Tabor instead of Gareon even though Gareon is arguably a better prospect all around because Tabor is more physical compared Conley. A team might say we can get him to use his hands and be a discount Jalen Ramsey.. but if a combination of Chris Ash, Kerry Coombs, and Greg Schiano couldn't get him to use his hands in a manner similar to Marshon.. I don't think anyone can.

he'll magically end up on the Pats and then magically he start using his hands where he replaces Bread's hero Butler and then we all die inside.

Hindl

I wouldn't mind the Eagles using the 3rd round pick on him only if they pick a possible starter in round 1 or 2.

I just don't the every down back makes sense. They have Smallwood, who they reportedly like a ton, Darren Sproles, and as of now still Ryan Mathews. Plus Reid jr doesn't want to run the ball with a feature back.

I'd be fine with taking whatever best CB is available in the 2nd and grabbing Jones in the 3rd. Doctors have said he may even play this year.

As for the RB, this is Sproles' last year in the NFL, and Mathews isn't going to be on the roster come September. Again, between McCaffrey and Cook, I'd take either. But I could totally see an offense where McCaffrey gets somewhere around 15 touches a game + 10 targets in the receiving game, and then Smallwood coming in as a change of pace back for 5-10 touches

jbug617

Banned
I guess this is last minute posturing or Butler is really staying
@RapSheet: #Saints & Butler have a multi-year deal agreed to, pending trade. At this point, trade appears unlikely from all sides.

bionic77

While the husband of Mel B definitely has some tendencies and characteristics that are extremely common for most JCBs (threesomes, getting a woman that looks like Mel B, etc), ultimately he cannot be considered a true JCB because Mel says that he hit her and cheated on her with the nanny (JCBs always need to get permission before the service, and we know that because we clicked on that shit when we got our Switch).

bionic77

I would give up my first born child for Patriots legend Malcolm Butler, what are you talking about
You know who is good at cheating children apparently?

None other than Tom Brady!

What a surprise that a guy who is best friends with Trump does some weird shit with charities for children.

Contrast with BG's boy who gave 40 million to get 1000 kids from Ohio out of the state.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
You know who is good at cheating children apparently?

None other than Tom Brady!

What a surprise that a guy who is best friends with Trump does some weird shit with charities for children.

Contrast with BG's boy who gave 40 million to get 1000 kids from Ohio out of the state.
Brady raised 20+ million for Best Buddies and they gave his charity 2.75 million

Seems like a pretty good deal for them

bionic77

Brady raised 20 million for Best Buddies and they gave his charity 2.75 million

Seems like a pretty good deal for them
Only taking 10% from the kids. What a guy!

Just like Jesus did it!

'Thou must helpelth the children, but also be sure to helpest thyself and get that money money money." as per the Trump/Mayweather Bible.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Only taking 10% from the kids. What a guy!

Just like Jesus did it!

'Thou must helpelth the children, but also be sure to helpest thyself and get that money money money." as per the Trump/Mayweather Bible.
Taking money from the kids and giving it to other charities, including ones for kids - it's not like he's keeping it.

This is the worst Tom Brady "scandal" yet. My figures were off too. He's raised over 40 million for Best Buddies

bionic77

Taking money from the kids and giving it to other charities, including ones for kids - it's not like he's keeping it.

This is the worst Tom Brady "scandal" yet. My figures were off to he's raised over 40 million for Best Buddies
He is giving it to his own charity, which often gives back to things like the University of Michigan and his high school and god knows what else.

He should have just taken a check but strangely for the first time ever a Patriot did it the shady way. Shocking!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
He is giving it to his own charity, which often gives back to things like the University of Michigan and his high school and god knows what else.
$55,000.00 to Best Buddies every year from 2011 to 2015, $250,000.00 to Junipero Serra High School, in San Mateo, California, $100,000 each to Santa Monica Catholic Community and the TB12 Foundation, $50,000 each to Ohio State University and University of Michigan for cancer research, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Mission of Hope Haiti and the Navy Seal Foundation, $37,800 to a charity for his personal coach who died, $30,000 to the nursing home that took care of his grandfather, $20,000 to Apple Orchard School and $10,000 to Saint David's School where his kids went.

$25,000 to Vince Wilfork's charity, $10,000 to Deion Branch's, and $5,000 to Wes Welker's.

Wonder no more. What a monster.

MechDX

$55,000.00 to Best Buddies every year from 2011 to 2015, $250,000.00 to Junipero Serra High School, in San Mateo, California, $100,000 each to Santa Monica Catholic Community and the TB12 Foundation, $50,000 each to Ohio State University and University of Michigan for cancer research, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Mission of Hope Haiti and the Navy Seal Foundation, $37,800 to a charity for his personal coach who died, $30,000 to the nursing home that took care of his grandfather, $20,000 to Apple Orchard School and $10,000 to Saint David's School where his kids went.

$25,000 to Vince Wilfork’s charity, $10,000 to Deion Branch’s, and $5,000 to Wes Welker’s.

Wonder no more. What a monster.

All that and he is still bitch made on the field if a defender even breathes on him

Pepiope

I'll take Foster #14 no problem.

I agree with Howie, whatever happens, I think we'll be happy with whoever falls to us at #14. Just please let 2 QBs go before us

Top Bottom