• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Wes

venison crêpe
@ChrisBurke_SI

RUMOR MOCK!!
1. CLE: Trubisky
2. SF: Trubisky
3. CHI: Trubisky
4. JAX: Fournette
5. ARI (trade w/ TEN): Trubisky
6. NYJ: Trubisky

Tom Penny

Butler likely to stay a Patriot. Also has to to perform well if he wants to get paid in the future. He should have got an agent with a clue.. Pats stay winning.

JABEE

P8Ois9v.png

DM's boy Cena has a one-way ticket to Snap City.

JJ Watt is running to Instagram now to prove he can still go.

effzee

It's ESP so I'll take with a grain of salt, but good. Hope they take him, then someone like Adoree Jackson in the 2nd would be ideal

If Foster @ 14, I'd love Adoree and Travor in rounds 2-3. Eagles might need to move up.

If they sit where they are in round 3, take Sidney Jones.

Round 4 -Mixon!

JABEE

I wonder if there is room to move up into the top 10. It may not be so expensive and if the Eagles could get Fournette, Foster, Lattimore, or Allen, that would be great. I'm definitely not a draft expert, but watching the high end of this draft reminds me of 2011.

I was rewatching the 2011 NFL Draft and teams were picking All-Pro players while teams like the Jaguars, Titans, and Vikings were reaching hard for QBs. I see the same thing happening this year. I guess I may be arguing for staying put at 14.

1 Carolina Panthers Cam Newton QB
2 Denver Broncos Von Miller LB
3 Buffalo Bills Marcell Dareus DT
4 Cincinnati Bengals A.J. Green WR
5 Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson DB
6 Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones WR
7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith LB
8 Tennessee Titans Jake Locker QB
9 Dallas Cowboys Tyron Smith T
10 Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert QB
11 Houston Texans J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin
12 Minnesota Vikings Christian Ponder QB
13 Detroit Lions Nick Fairley DT
14 St. Louis Rams Robert Quinn DE
15 Miami Dolphins Mike Pouncey C

Hindl

If Foster @ 14, I'd love Adoree and Travor in rounds 2-3. Eagles might need to move up.

If they sit where they are in round 3, take Sidney Jones.

Round 4 -Mixon!

Mixon isn't going to be there in the 4th and I don't want him near my team anyway

Mindlog

@mikefreemanNFL

Bill Polian just said something staggering. He said no player who tested positive for pot at the combine ever succeeded in the NFL
Citation needed.
Wait hold on, I remember...
"The sad part is, and a lot of people don't know this, Jim is a consummate football man. He's been a general manager, he's been a scout, been a player," Polian said. "As a result, he adds a lot to the football function of the club. And, it was always fun for me to talk football with him, to talk about trends in the game, to talk about where we were going long-term. If he's away for a length of time, the football people will miss him a lot."

Polian then addressed the possibility of Irsay facing discipline from the NFL.

"The past history of the application of the Personal Conduct Policy for high executives ... indicates a suspension and a fine," Polian said. "That probably will be forthcoming. But I'm pretty sure the commissioner will allow the legal part of it to run its course and then take some appropriate action. But whatever happens is really secondary for Jim, for his family.

"That's the most important thing. The thing he's most devoted to, including the Colts to which he's tremendously devoted, is his family, his three daughters, their husbands and his grandchildren, who he treasures. This is far more a tragedy for them than it is for the Colts. The Colts will be fine. My hope is Jim and the family come out of this fine as well because he's a genuinely likeable and kind person."
Interesting.

Hindl

I haven't been paying attention. Was Polian always saying shit like this or is it something this year where he's just gone crazy

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm going to laugh if we draft David Njoku. Not that I would be against it, you can never have to many playmakers, especially with Matthew Stafford at QB.

Quinn is most likely going to draft a Tight End somewhere in the draft. Hopefully we end up trading down with say the Texans or Chiefs and grab an extra 3rd rounder.

Either way, I trust Bob Quinn.

Hindl

So is Cook the absolute best player the Colts can take at that point in the draft?

I really don't like 1st Rd RB picks.

I mean, do you need a RB? And even with that Cook is really good, but there are some off the field concerns and medical issues. I think he'd be a phenomenal RB, but don't the Colts have bigger needs on defense?

bigosc2k

Banned
I wonder if there is room to move up into the top 10. It may not be so expensive and if the Eagles could get Fournette, Foster, Lattimore, or Allen, that would be great. I'm definitely not a draft expert, but watching the high end of this draft reminds me of 2011.

I was rewatching the 2011 NFL Draft and teams were picking All-Pro players while teams like the Jaguars, Titans, and Vikings were reaching hard for QBs. I see the same thing happening this year. I guess I may be arguing for staying put at 14.

1 Carolina Panthers Cam Newton QB
2 Denver Broncos Von Miller LB
3 Buffalo Bills Marcell Dareus DT
4 Cincinnati Bengals A.J. Green WR
5 Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson DB
6 Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones WR
7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith LB
8 Tennessee Titans Jake Locker QB
9 Dallas Cowboys Tyron Smith T
10 Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert QB
11 Houston Texans J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin
12 Minnesota Vikings Christian Ponder QB
13 Detroit Lions Nick Fairley DT
14 St. Louis Rams Robert Quinn DE
15 Miami Dolphins Mike Pouncey C
Stupid ass Aldon Smith

j-wood

Is ESPN axing the beat writers for individual teams? The Titans guy on ESPN just posted this:

Paul Kuharsky‏Verified account @PaulKuharskyNFL 5m5 minutes ago
More
Knew cuts were coming. Sad to say nine great years at ESPN end for me in July. Please stay tuned to @Midday180.

JABEE

Yeah that makes no sense at all.

I was reaching on that one, because I remembered I said Mixon was going to be drafted in the first round.

Also, I was joking about it being the only "true" mock draft. I created it. Someone who doesn't watch college football.

gutshot

It's ESP so I'll take with a grain of salt, but good. Hope they take him, then someone like Adoree Jackson in the 2nd would be ideal

I trust Kempski and McClane a whole lot more, both of whom have said there is "no way" they take Foster.

Is ESPN axing the beat writers for individual teams? The Titans guy on ESPN just posted this:

Paul Kuharsky‏Verified account @PaulKuharskyNFL 5m5 minutes ago
More
Knew cuts were coming. Sad to say nine great years at ESPN end for me in July. Please stay tuned to @Midday180.
He'll get a job at Fox soon

Hindl

I trust Kempski and McClane a whole lot more, both of whom have said there is "no way" they take Foster.

Yeah I saw that too. I'm not expecting them to draft him, but this is just a report that he visited with the team. At least they're doing their homework

Hindl

Could we even afford him at this point?

This year he'll be cheap, next year they'll be able to free up some resources. Assuming Kendricks and Kelce are either cut or traded, Mathews is cut, and Peters is cut before 2018, that's around $30M in cap space, with around $4M rolling over from this year. Plus Torrey Smith could be cut for another $5M. Big resignings would be:

Jeffery
Jernigan
JMatt
Bradham?

and depth guys. I don't think we keep both Jeffery and JMatt next year, and could see us moving on from Bradham. It would be tight but we could possibly make it work resigning Jeffery, Jernigan, and Butler, and maybe a cheap deal for Warmack if he does better. All conjecture though, Butler is going to end up a Saint most likely and Eagles would probably rather draft a CB (or 2, or 3) in a class like this.

Edit: Forgot cutting Celek next year saves another $4M

Edit 2: Also just my feeling, but if we get someone like Corey Davis I could see us trading JMatt for a 3rd or something during the draft

Top Bottom