• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

BigAT

C-gpFKsU0AEE0l3.jpg:small

I would hate for this to get left on the previous page.

Duxxy3

I keep watching what little film there is of Derek Rivers and I keep asking myself what I'm missing here. Against a decent tackle (WVU) he completely disappeared. Against shitty competition he does fine.

Right now I think Deatrich Wise will make a better edge player. Hope I'm wrong there.

kaiju

Niners sign Vikings G Brandon Fusco and Rams C Tim Barnes to add O-line depth. That adds to 10 draft picks and 16 UDFA's into the mix.

Safe to say about a dozen cuts are incoming.

#cleaninghouse

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Niners sign Vikings G Brandon Fusco and Rams C Tim Barnes to add O-line depth. That adds to 10 draft picks and 16 UDFA's into the mix.

Safe to say about a dozen cuts are incoming.

#cleaninghouse

They're still trying to shop McDonald aren't they?

kaiju

They're still trying to shop McDonald aren't they?

They did during the draft, and barring any interest from other teams, McDonald is likely going to get cut unless he impresses Shanahan during training camp. The two have a meeting today to discuss the situation.

Duxxy3

Legarrette Blount really played himself.

He had an offer from the Patriots since the start of free agency. Patriots went elsewhere. The rest of the hasn't shown interest.

Whoops.

Duxxy3

Vikings won't exercise Teddy's '18 option. Shitty deal for him.

Shitty for all except Bradford. I'm sure the Vikings didn't want to invest another first rounder for a quarterback. I hope he's able to come back from that injury someday.

I think he'll get a short "show me" contract.

Vikings won't exercise Teddy's '18 option. Shitty deal for him.

You can't blame the team though. There are reports out there that he suffered nerve damage.

Keep in mind, if he needs another year on the pup his contract year will be tolled to the next and he will still be on contract.

They obviously want to keep him but it would be foolish to pay him 12 million dollars on the option if you can keep him under contract while observing the rehab.

Shitty for all except Bradford. I'm sure the Vikings didn't want to invest another first rounder for a quarterback. I hope he's able to come back from that injury someday.

I think he'll get a short "show me" contract.

I really really hope Teddy comes back. Vikings fans love the guy. He has another year to get better and then the Vikes will likely give an extension if he can play in 18.

cdyhybrid

You can't blame the team though. There are reports out there that he suffered nerve damage.

Keep in mind, if he needs another year on the pup his contract year will be tolled to the next and he will still be on contract.

They obviously want to keep him but it would be foolish to pay him 12 million dollars on the option if you can keep him under contract while observing the rehab.
Well yeah, of course the team was going to do this. Just terrible luck for Teddy. Feels bad, man.

Duxxy3

Chris Hogan is mediocre, but hey, if you're left wide fucking open you're going to make a play.

Gilly's a different story, he can play.

He does well here. He has made big catches. Solid deep threat.

Maybe the Pats have have just chosen shitty receivers, but it's not easy for Brady to find a target that he likes.

Maybe the Pats have have just chosen shitty receivers, but it's not easy for Brady to find a target that he likes.

Weren't a lot of the targets black before? I am sure finding him whites targets has made him much happier.

Duxxy3

Weren't a lot of the targets black before? I am sure finding him whites targets has made him much happier.

I think that idea is a bit overblown. He had a great connection with Troy Brown, David Givens, Deion Branch, Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth.

He has always had a good connection to his pass catching backs and tight ends.

Brady has strong demands of his receivers. He won't throw to a receiver if they're unreliable or fuck up routes over and over. He'll find other targets.

Hogan is just a guy.

Fortunately for the Patriots, if you're just a guy that happens to be right where Brady expects you to be, then you can excel.

Even more fortunate for Hogan, he faced the Steelers defense in the AFC Championship, who made a JAG look like a superstar by simply not covering him.

LJ11

He's always open though.

LOL, 7-11 am I right. + 2 catches.

He's athletic, and to be a receiver in the Patriots system, that's all you really need.

As opposed to other teams who dislike athletic receivers, lol

He won't be able to abuse Gilmore next season, shame, looks like he'll be under 600 for the season. I'm sure other DBs will help him out, all he has to do is play the Steelers every week.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hogan is just a guy.

Fortunately for the Patriots, if you're just a guy that happens to be right where Brady expects you to be, then you can excel.

Even more fortunate for Hogan, he faced the Steelers defense in the AFC Championship, who made a JAG look like a superstar by simply not covering him.

He is absolutely just a guy.

Unlike a lot of the other Pats receivers in that category he is a bit more sure handed and is usually open when targeted. Most of the people he replaced had better speed but worse hands or were just not running the route good enough to beat the coverage.

Striker

Legarrette Blount really played himself.

He had an offer from the Patriots since the start of free agency. Patriots went elsewhere. The rest of the hasn't shown interest.

Whoops.
Giants could still sign him. Gallman was drafted but they still don't really have a short yardage back.

Top Bottom