• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (PS4) | DISALLOWED GOAL SCORERS

Actually nhl18 might be the last year i buy on ps4 if the shit is real.

I just took away your GM privileges for that threat!

That means NO MORE CREATING JERSEYS FOR YOU THIS YEAR BUDDY. I hope you think about your comments, sincerely apologize and promise never to leave us.

Delryk

I just took away your GM privileges for that threat!

That means NO MORE CREATING JERSEYS FOR YOU THIS YEAR BUDDY. I hope you think about your comments, sincerely apologize and promise never to leave us.

hey, if i have to downgrade to play on the ps4.. fuck that. lol

i'll see it with my own eyes in December tho :)

Delryk

i'll be on after Leafs game tonight (whoa, weird to say during playoffs)

I'm off 'til next Wednesday after this afternoon so I should be on more in the next few days :)

Oshimai

Im so rattled. That wilson non-call was brutal.

Not even sure I want to watch.

Doesn't help that the Matthews line is invisible.

Leafs need to stop with the two line breakout passes, there isn't much space out there. Get the puck to the point and bodies in front.

Delryk

1) non-BS call in the 1st

2) Anderson had a weak game (could have saved 2 goals easy)

3) The D in the 3rd --- WTF were they doing after the Matthews goal?

... and we still only lose 5-4 ? Caps are horrible.

Stat!

So I got sent a survey for NHL 18 (along with others) and lots if info leaked from a former gamechanger.

Apparently, Rammer who is more of a casual/arcade player is pushing casual/arcade stuff and less sim. Gamechanger left as he felt he couldnt push for change and was more of a PR event.

Most of the focus is on the HUT and EASHL people and less about sim people including any AI changes.

NHL Threes in NHL 18 delivers the intense action of the 3-on-3 overtime hockey with a faster pace, bigger hits and more open ice to score insane goals. New audio commentary, broadcast presentation and over-the-top arena designs deliver a fresh new feel to every game. No matter how you play, NHL Threes stays fresh with multiple game modes, including cooperative or competitive play with friends, online versus against other players, or the new Circuit Mode where you battle through leagues and complete challenges to make it to the big show.

NHL 18 introduces new dekes that give players creative freedom to freeze goaltenders and create space around defenders. Players can also string together deking combinations into fluid dangles that give every attack the potential to be a creative masterpiece. On defense, the new Defensive Skill Stick delivers full control over your stick to target poke checks, keep sticks extended, or sweep sticks back and forth for zone coverage. Finally, the new Creative A.I. system lets AI teammates leverage the same new deking, passing, and defensive tools that you do, making for smarter plays in every zone.

NHL 18 introduces draft expansion to the acclaimed Franchise Mode, letting you take on the front office role of the 31st NHL team: the Vegas Golden Knights. Play as the authentic Golden Knights before their first NHL game, or draft your very own 32nd team in your hometown and reshape the league entirely, complete with a unique roster, arena, jersey, logo, and even a custom mascot. Expansion gives you the power to bring the excitement of professional hockey to your hometown on a quest to capture the Cup.

NHL 18 introduces new dekes and playmaking combinations that let you light the lamp with insane speed and dozens of jaw-dropping skill moves, including between-the-legs dekes, passes, and shots that make every moment memorable. Take control of the most skilled players in the NHL and experience the sport that was meant to be a videogame with the fastest pace, biggest hits, and most insane goal-scoring of any sports game out there.

Disaapointed in the apparent direction but those additions you posted seem good. I was just talking about how they gimped the deking system from last gen recently. 3 on 3 mode is a good addition. They should allow it to be toggled to either play like the normal gameplay or like the old arcadey 3v3 game. Online play is a must for this as well.

My wishlist of other stuff in order of importance:

1- fix the glitch where it will not allow you to pass periodically when you press the pass button. This shit is unacceptable and happens to me 2-3 times a game. Ive tried all kind of controllers wired and wireless and it still happens

2- fix goalie rebound control on shots they should be able to handle easily. Im tired of people being able to rely on throwing weak wristers at the goalies pads to get that same rebound goal over and over.

3- Add some goddamn neutral zone defensive a.i. besides them backing up so that im forced to dump it in periidically instead of being able to enter the zone cleanly most of the time against the cpu

4- Rethink the faceoff system. Its dumb that they take into account how long you hold your grip for as a factor in whether you win or lose. Make early attempts whiff longer so you cant spam them and if you spam more than 3 have the player thrown out. If the second player is a human and spams 3 times just make them lose the faceoff on purpose. People will stop spamming and use the system properly where timing and the rock-paper-scissors can play out better.

5- Revamp the inconsistent physics when a puck carrier is bodychecked where the puck goes in a completely different direction than expected. This happens most along the wall. Ill enter the zone at high speed with the puck in front of me and get a weak body check from behind or diagonally behind and somehow the puck squirts behind me to the defender most times.

6- Add some consistency and control to board play. This is huge part of hockey that is pretty much ignored. The person pinned needs to option to protect the puck from being poked out, which would trigger some kind of animation that could not be spammed. The defender would either need to wait until its not protected to retrieve it clean, would take extra attempts to pry it loose or would need an extra defender to come in to help. The passes along the boards while pinned need to be addressed since they rarely work anymore even when passing to your open side.

7- Add online franchise mode. Their BS excuse that nobody played it last time was because it took 5 mins to progress thru every single menu. Maybe make some improvements to that and people wont give up on it this time...

8- More customization in EASHL. I want to name our a.i. teammates, and they should expand on the player, jersey and arena customization. I wouldnt mind them to add non-sim ridiculous stuff for arena customization or anything to add more atmosphere to rinks and personality to teams.

Stat!

Games tonight?

Totally agree Vis.

I want better AI in the defensive end when handling the puck. Just better AI in general.

Overhauled franchise mode. Its embarrassing how far behind this mode is too other series. They are adding stuff thats either awful (setting chicken finger prices) or not fully thought through (morale with no way of seeing what influences morale properly)

Top Bottom