• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

ZeroGravity

aW5ILde.png

nK3qc48.png

IMPORTANT DATES

April 29: NHL Draft Lottery
Or as it's known in Edmonton, Christmas Day.

May 3-19: IIHF 2013 World Men’s Hockey Championship
Alternate name: Tournament of Losers.

June 28: Latest Possible Date the Stanley Cup Final Can End
They'll be skating on water if we actually get to this point.

June 30: NHL Entry Draft
All seven rounds of the draft this year will be held in one day, live from beautiful Newark, New Jersey.

July 5: Start of NHL Free Agency
Who will win the Tyler Bozak sweepstakes?

TBD: Sale/Move of the Phoenix Coyotes
Will this finally be the end of the Coyotes in Phoenix? Probably. Maybe. Hopefully. Just fucking get it over with already.

OTHER STUFF

Top NHL Draft Prospects: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
Available NHL Free Agents: http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents
NHL-GAF Podcast: http://www.salt-on-the-ice.com/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
LOL

Dat salty title.

I will say that this year is THE year to miss the playoffs with the great prospects and depth of the draft.

Columbus could potentially make the playoffs and STILL have 3 1st round picks

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol :lol great job on the descriptions Zero, feels good to not be in here so early this year.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wasn't a trade, it was a matched offer sheet iirc

Right, but I think they were trying to work out a trade before the offer sheet was offered.

The draft is in New Jersey this year? Bet there will be more people there for the draft than for a Devils game.

Cagey

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Devils are 20th in attendance the year after reaching the cup finals. What a fucking joke their fans are, thanks for pointing that out.

Arena capacities bro, how do they work? 17,625 for hockey. Can't pack 19,000 into a building that doesn't hold that.

17,245 average attendance; 400 less than capacity. Damn man, no fans in attendance roflmao! Flyers fans are almost the worst.

We sold out all but three games this year: one to Ottawa during a 10 game losing streak and two midweek games to the Tampa Bay Lightning because it's the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Arena capacities bro, how do they work? 17,625 for hockey. Can't pack 19,000 into a building that doesn't hold that.

17,245 average attendance; 400 less than capacity. Damn man, no fans in attendance roflmao! Flyers fans are almost the worst.

We sold out all but three games this year: one to Ottawa during a 10 game losing streak and two midweek games to the Tampa Bay Lightning because it's the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Why can some teams go over 100% but others cant?

Marvie_3

Banned

97.8% attendance really means 0% attendance.

New home!

Still watching whatever Flyers games I'm home for, but mostly trying to follow the junior playoffs at this point.

Off-Season House Words: Draft day is coming.

Curufinwe

9th or 10th seems like where the Flyers will end up. Should be able to get Zadorov or Ristolainen there. Zadorov is still playing in the OHL playoffs for the London Knights alongside Philly's second round pick last year, goalie Anthony Stolarz.

9th or 10th seems like where the Flyers will end up. Should be able to get Zadorov or Ristolainen there.

I hope the Flyers can get high enough to get Nurse. They need a big physical defenseman desperately. I see mocks that have him going 6th or 7th. Maybe if they get the 10th they could package something and trade up for him.

Curufinwe

The Flyers need a puck mover like Ristolainen more than they need another big physical defensemen when they already have Grossman, Schenn, and Lauridsen. Coburn is also big, not but very physical.

I've seen Nurse going as high as 5th which is out of the Flyers range unless some weird stuff happens this week.

Looking over the list of prospects for this draft I cant believe how weak the goalie class is. Zachary Fucale seems to be the best but people are saying he shouldnt even be a 1st round pick. I wish the Flyers could get a young stud goalie at some point but I dont think it will happen in my lifetime.

I wish the Flyers could get a young stud goalie at some point but I dont think it will happen in my lifetime.

We had one. He's in Columbus now. They seem to like him.

Don't see the point in taking a 1st round goalie anyway, since they're so much more of a gamble. Last year's second round pick, Stolarz, has been looking really good--the move to London's getting him a lot more ice time, and he seems to have a great worth ethic. If we take our time with him, things might turn out pretty well.

If it's possible to get Nurse I'll be extremely happy, but I'm hoping for Zadorov realistically at this point.

I had no idea he was doing so well in the OHL. I just looked up his stats. Man it would be great if he was ready to play after next season for the Flyers. Flyers need to lucky with a goalie just once.

godpleaseno

More time in London, followed by 2 seasons in the AHL minimum please.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
godpleaseno

More time in London, followed by 2 seasons in the AHL minimum please.

Yeah, he's only 19, no need to rush him.

I'm hoping they go Defense, that's their biggest glaring hole.

And why do I get the feeling they'll do another huge trade around the time of the draft?

dem

Well... I don't think we will be picking first...

Sucking and not picking first is not very satisfying..

Var

The rest of this season is going to be torture for me. My gf is a Penguins fan. There is no end to the ridiculing. This is payback for last year. I can feel it.

Top Bottom