• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo fixing "gay bug" in Tomodachi Collection: New Life

Eusis

Some ignorant people don't want kids to learn that homosexuals and/or homosexual relationships exist. It's mostly a thing in Amurica.
I kinda get the impression the stance in a good chunk of Japan is to either play it as a joke or sweep it under the rug, hell with CERO they had to be coy with Persona, so it really may be that if they allowed homosexuality they'd be forced to have a different rating.

Nevermind god damn Russia.

Rocwell

I thought this was going to be about some bug collecting/breeding minigame like Animal Crossing or harvest moon.

I read the title and thought: WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO?
Then I saw the pregnant male Mii picture and agreed :p

(I actually don't know how this game works, I still wish they could leave gay relationships in)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Nintendo are now sending out an update for the game soon that'll fix this bug along with some other issues the game is suffering from including:
- Inability to boot up the game.
- General errors.
- Inability to save.
- Received a notice on the Home menu's notifications from a child sent on a journey, but no actual message is there.
Why isn't the manufactured controversy over this?? The ability to update games finally comes into the picture for Nintendo and suddenly they start releasing completely busted games like all those other "lazy developers" out there have been doing o.o??

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
How do 3ds patches work? There's several other games that could use them but I thought nintendo just ignored those bugs because of technical issues in releasing a patch.

Izick

Picture+6.png

Picture+7.png

Picture+8.png

tumblr_lw7vdofqCR1qlw12eo2_500.png

Eusis

Why isn't the manufactured controversy over this?? The ability to update games finally comes into the picture for Nintendo and suddenly they start releasing completely busted games like all those other "lazy developers" out there have been doing o.o??
Might be rare freak incidents, but yeah, the gay thing's a mix of comical and disheartening, but the rest of the stuff is absurd for a released game.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Might be rare freak incidents, but yeah, the gay thing's a mix of comical and disheartening, but the rest of the stuff is absurd for a released game.
Rare enough for them to mention 'em specifically? Thats nicer then most patch notes lol. Still pretty serious bugs all the same! Hopefully them fixes work out!

HardRojo

I can see the backlash from the gay community coming and Kotaku spining this story into another sensational article.

"Nintendo doesn't approve of gay marriage and releases patch to "fix what is wrong", gets sued by homosexual group"

JordanN

Banned
Because alot of them are. Not really a bad thing, its just kind is what it is right now.
Some more diversity wouldn't hurt though. Especially for games where there are no gay characters to be found (or the option isn't given).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Anyone wanna speculate on whether or not this makes the game more or less likely to come out anywhere other than Japan?
No more likely than it ever was: I believe it uses Japanese phonetics as a core game mechanic, and is essentially untranslatable.

Eusis

Rare enough for them to mention 'em specifically? Thats nicer then most patch notes lol. Still pretty serious bugs all the same! Hopefully them fixes work out!
Eh, 1 out of a 1000's a big enough deal for fixing AND for going "what the fuck?" over.
haha. why not let people marry who they want to marry, nintendo...
Because CERO seemingly has issues. CERO's far from the worst out there (Australia at least a few years back and USK are to me) but they definitely make me grateful for the ESRB. I guess PEGI is the closest to bullshit free though. Then again I think they have gambling hangups...

Top Bottom