• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now I've seen/heard it all. Flat-Earth theory, really? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saganator

People get off on knowing things others don't. To "be in on" the secret. It's an ego thing. "I'm open minded enough to accept these things" or "I'm not sheep", or "I'm enlightened"

These people have taken the concept of an "open mind" and completely blown it out of proportion. It used to about being more accepting of different people and ideas, such gay rights, rejecting anti-drug propaganda, or not being a bigot towards other cultures/religion. Now it means "reject all science and makeup some shit that sounds good." I like to say that I keep my mind open, but these numbskulls have taken over the term and stupefied it.

That live yt channel is playing an interview with a conspiracist author and the only rationale I can think of is the conspiracist is playing a ruse to get gullible people to believe in the theory to buy his book. Lots of talk about how satellites don't exist and it's all photoshop and how if the Earth was a globe, than pilots would need to be constantly tipping the nose downward to level the plane otherwise it would continue shooting out into space. Gah.

Pizza

I wish flat earthers insisted that the earth was an infinite strip of land bordered on either side with ice caps like a Halo from Halo

Explains why there's no edge and where parallel universes are all at once. Then you can start claiming that people from parallel earths are coming to fuck shit up

Why can't the earth be a thick disc so lizard men and hollow earth can still work? Because that's my favorite.

The earth is hollow and also full of giant tunnels, alien cities, and lizardmen all being barely contained by the UN to keep the peace

The CIA killed Kennedy.

I think my favorite theory surrounding this is that some pictures revealed a CIA guy fumbled and tried to pull out his gun and accidentally shot Kennedy: the cover up was to save that specific dude

Apparently the bullet impact was different than the first guy's and explains how the "magic bullet" thing happened. Two bullets: an assasination attempt and a mistake

C6K11M3VMAA9OKd.jpg

I feel I gave the idea of this more time than was warranted but I can't come to any other conclusion than them being complete paranoid nut jobs.

No, thanks for this.

They have a funny live channel on YouTube with around 200-400 constant viewers that you will immediately be banned from if you bring up conflicting evidence.

https://youtu.be/xKTRJN8o_3E

My god, and for this. '24/7 Flat Earth LIVE!'. Now I've seen it all (I hope).

Of all the shit Flat Earthers have to rationalize to fight, you know, science and common sense, this one probably gets me the most.

Trump or Brad Pitt can't take a piss without a photo or video showing up on TMZ or Politico, but apparently we live in Westeros, and the Wall is garded by 10.000 ships (manned by hundreds of thousands of sailors then?) and not a single actual leak, not a single tele photo, not a single drone grainy video...

And they push it as fact?

I still can't believe some people actually believe it. Even in a world where Trump is President, people can't be this stupid.
It's got to be a meme perpetuated for fun.

I mean, people think the government is hiding information about extra-terrestrial life despite all that.

LakeEarth

Trump or Brad Pitt can't take a piss without a photo or video showing up on TMZ or Politico, but apparently we live in Westeros, and the Wall is garded by 10.000 ships (manned by hundreds of thousands of sailors then?) and not a single actual leak, not a single tele photo, not a single drone grainy video...

And they push it as fact?
Not only that, the bit about how "people will kill you if you go to Antarctica" falls apart when you account for the fact that you can totally take a trip to Antarctica.

http://www.peregrineadventures.com/en-ca/antarctica

Do they take you to the side of Antarctica that doesn't have the wall, or do they take you to the Holodeck from Star Trek so you think you're in Antarctica or... what's their logic on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom