• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
Red Sox

2011_coolstats_s_BOS.jpg

Braves

2011_coolstats_s_ATL.jpg

Which was worse? Take your pick

Cloudy

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
fivethirtyeight Nate Silver

Selig should take tonight as pretty much a sign from God that baseball shouldn't add an extra wild card.

17 minutes ago

I don't get this. 2 more teams = more excitement IMO

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Corran Horn said:
Shrug havnt listened to him lately but he seems to always go crazy about ratings when big markets are not in the playoffs lol
I know what you mean but he has these angles like on these collapses and is right on a lot of things too.

Lots of the guys cater to the bigger markets though.

jman2050

THis is why baseball is the greatest sport in the world.

This is why.

Football can go eat a dick, this is America's pastime always and forever.

VIVA LA BEISBOL!!!!!!!

jman2050 said:
THis is why baseball is the greatest sport in the world.

This is why.

Football can go eat a dick, this is America's pastime always and forever.

VIVA LA BEISBOL!!!!!!!

Oh come on, where there is competition there is drama. Every sport can produce these moments. No need to trash other sports people love.

Tonight was awesome, though. No doubt.

Luthos

Holy ffuuuuu-, this was one of the best nights of baseball I've witnessed, probably ever. And my team, the Cards, had the most boring game, despite Carp throwing a 2 hit shutout.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Luthos said:
Holy ffuuuuu-, this was one of the best nights of baseball I've witnessed, probably ever. And my team, the Cards, had the most boring game, despite Carp throwing a 2 hit shutout.
yeah the astros really fucked up on that one, couldn't even make it a competitive game.

RBH said:
Funny enough, Tony Schiavone is now the play-by-play announcer for the AAA Gwinnett Braves.
I read about that. I know he did one random bizarre TNA appearance, but otherwise has been (happily) doing AAA. I wonder how good he is at calling baseball, even if just for entertainment value.

eznark

Banned
Hasphat'sAnts said:
Oh come on, where there is competition there is drama. Every sport can produce these moments. No need to trash other sports people love.

Tonight was awesome, though. No doubt.
Whatevervsport you like is garbage When compared to the last six hours. Deal with it.

h3ro

lazybones18 said:
Can't wait to listen to the beginning of Mad Dog Unleashed in the afternoon. Russo gonna kill the Red Sox some more

I can't wait for Fatcessa.

DA SAWKS DON'T KNOW WHAT HITEM I MEAN DA SAWKS JUST PLAIN LOST PLAIN OUT FLAT LAWWST

LESS TAWK ABOUT REYES NOW WHAT DA HECK IS DAT KID DOOIN HUH JEETA NEVA DOES THAT MOOVE NEVA

HERE WE GO

NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES
-- Cardinals @ Phillies
-- Diamondbacks @ Brewers

AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES
-- Tigers @ Yankees
-- Rays @ Rangers

Yankees trolled the Red Sox masterfully here, playing JUST WELL ENOUGH to appear competitive, and allowing just enough slack for the Rays to win late each game. Maximum pressure on the Red Sox at all times.

Tampa played well, given the opportunity to hang around and seize their own destiny. If the Yankees and Rays meet again in the ALCS, rest assured you won't be beating Scott Proctor. You won't be mounting comebacks against replacement fielders and replacement players.

GG, Tampa Bay. Hopefully you guys do work against the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom