• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dota? In the MLB thread?
leyland-ump.gif.pagespeed.ce_.sg8pdi39dq.gif

thats+pine+tar+GIF.gif

hirshbeck_wild_west_t35uexmp.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If I used a smurf instead of my real account when playing with you chumps in the beginning, I'd be over a 50% by this point.

All of us are right at or above 50%. Except AZ, who is closer to your Brad Shoemaker win rate. So that argument doesnt hold!

you motherfuckers already have a dota thread! it's called the madden league thread!

in other news, i've had back to back great games. the first one pheeniks goes into the bottom of the 9th up 4-1 and he has been rolling. now his closer comes in and gets a quick ground out. what happens next is probably my greatest baseball videogame achievement (keep in mind i do suck at baseball games). i worked the count to 3-2 on the next batter and drew a walk. then i got a single with my next guy. then i got what APPEARED to be a game tying homerun with my next guy. i say appeared to be because all of my baserunners and the batter were in that slow "trot" animation when it's a no-doubt HR.... but it wasn't! i said wtf man left me speed them around! so i actually only got 1 run out of that and a guy on 2nd and 3rd. shortly after that, another single. 4-3, 1st and 3rd only 1 out! to wrap up this story, i ended up tying it in the 9th and winning in 11.

then today i played dcx and had a loud first 2 innings to go up 4-0. i had a no hitter through 6 1/3 but then i gave up a couple hits and a run. i won 5-1.

and in both of these games there wasnt any game breaking lag. i will say there are 1 or 2 plays per game where i see something on screen that doesn't end up corresponding to what happened. in my game against pheeniks i hit it to the outfield and it looked like the ball got past him so i was advancing from 2nd to 3rd and then when i was back up to bad the guy going to 3rd was out. i'm assuming pheeniks didn't let the ball get past him and just threw me out at 3rd. oh well

so I'm learning that when you queue games to be simmed, the servers do it one by one. so simming 18 games took like six or seven minutEs lol

i will advance and sim an offseason of the dummy league soonish but it's looking like doing one series at a time is the best option, as well as making sure league members play. simming a game itself takes like 25 seconds!

i was playing a great pitchers duel against crimson, it was bottom 7 two on 1 out and i hit a grounder. then some weird E-2340923 error came up, kicked me out of the show and asked me to submit the error to sony. that sucked :(

DietRob

i was playing a great pitchers duel against crimson, it was bottom 7 two on 1 out and i hit a grounder. then some weird E-2340923 error came up, kicked me out of the show and asked me to submit the error to sony. that sucked :(

Same thing happened in the game I played with Drizz. Skyed an infield fly and got dumped to the menus. It was the 9th inning too without any problems previously.

So off-season stage 1 is the amateur draft, and you can deal with arbitration shit and resignings, can't remember what else. I think there's 7 rounds of the draft. I honestly won't care if we sim this...

stage 2......through 7 or even 19 is free agent signings. and you can do 5-15 rounds, I didn't actually check if there was anything less than 5 but it's sorta like Madden. but I imagine we don't need more than 5 rounds. also advancing takes fucking forever...

so far that's as far as I've gotten in the dummy league

v1lla21

Happened to me too when I played against commie. Anyone want to get a game in?

So there's the free agency stage and then the next season starts

What we have learned:

1) Leagues function and don't nuke itself when you go to the playoffs, next season, etc
2) Advancing takes a really long fucking time so we'll have to be patient, and if you keep pressing advance in the offseason even though it says "Free agency stage 2" and gives no notification that advances are pending, IT WILL STACK AND TAKE YOU TO STAGE 5 UNEXPECTEDLY HOURS LATER
3) Simming unplayed games isn't instantaneous

What we don't know so far:

1) If ALL games are recorded without issue and connecting to other league members. so far we've only done one match with minimal problems but who knows
2) who is playing
3) do we want a fullish league where we can play CPU games or just humans? cause if it's just humans it's likely better to do a smaller league. but if we want a full league with the option of adding people on as we go along (since we can carry over to next year) we can do that too with CPU teams filling it out. would make simming the draft and advancing take a bit longer, though

Ferny

Carry over to next year is just RTTS and offline franchise as of now. Online hasn't been confirmed and I doubt that'll happen.

well then

I think we should do a recount and then see

and what I meant by the last paragraph is....we can have all the teams and maybe 10-12 CPU teams in case the league does get really big (doubtful) for others to join and everybody would have CPU games but we could cut the schedule

or just have "max 16" players and whatever

I think we should just have user teams but it really doesn't matter to me. What settings are we going to be playing on? Like difficulty and stuff.

So far in what I've played, All-Star is probably the best mode. Although I'm thinking maybe, all-star pitching and HOF hitting. cause I feel like All-Star hitting may be a little too easy but HOF pitching is definitely too hard. but maybe all-star hitting is easy because FMT absolutely refuses to sub his pitchers out until it's too late

I'll try that with someone later

Alright so let's start it now. Post the team you're interested in using and then we'll see who has to play who or who.

Starting now until Thursday night at 7:30 CT post who you're interested in...if I don't hear back by then well shit, you had 72 hours to at least check the thread! Although all that will probably happen is you won't get priority to play the team you wanted primarily. A decent gauge to see who is legit interested I guess?

NL East

Nats - McNei1y
Mets - Dmncnby2k9
Braves - CrimsonCommie
Marlins - Ph33
Phillies -

NL Central

Pirates
Reds - WhatRobEats
Cubs -
Cardinals
Brewers

NL West

Dodgers - CB
Giants - FMT
Rockies
Padres - Ecnal
Diamondbacks

AL East

Red Sox - Sanjuro
Orioles -
Yankees - DCX
Blue Jays - Rinse82
Rays - Ferny

AL Central

Twins
Tigers
Indians
White Sox
Royals

AL West

Rangers
Angels
Mariners
As
Astros

Ferny

I wouldn't mind taking the Rays if DCX wants the Yankees, but it'll have to be one of the two.

Phee is going to make such a great commish!

So far in what I've played, All-Star is probably the best mode. Although I'm thinking maybe, all-star pitching and HOF hitting. cause I feel like All-Star hitting may be a little too easy but HOF pitching is definitely too hard. but maybe all-star hitting is easy because FMT absolutely refuses to sub his pitchers out until it's too late

I'll try that with someone later

lol what? you got that 6 run inning in the 4th. my pitcher went into that inning with 45 pitches.... what was i supposed to do!?

and if that dickface ump called the CORRECT balls and strikes i would have gotten out of that inning unmolested!

DCX

DCX
I wouldn't mind taking the Rays if DCX wants the Yankees, but it'll have to be one of the two.

Phee is going to make such a great commish!
I would like the Yanks. Up to the commish if he is ok letting you have the Rays. Or we play for the Yanks and loser gets the Royals lol

DCX

You guys should just play for it unless Ferny is willing to fork it but I'll automatically give Rays to Ferny if he wants because I know he'll be an outstanding league member

DietRob

Allstar on both hitting and pitching seems like the sweet spot to me.

Still lobbing for auto baserunning but that's kinda a double edged sword. Good for when you shoot one to the gap and you don't want to stop at first but bad if you ever want to steal. I really wish the baserunning was better in this game.

Allstar on both hitting and pitching seems like the sweet spot to me.

Still lobbing for auto baserunning but that's kinda a double edged sword. Good for when you shoot one to the gap and you don't want to stop at first but bad if you ever want to steal. I really wish the baserunning was better in this game.

why can't they just fucking copy MVP baseball for that?

also i like all star hitting/pitching much better. not to take the easy way out because i'm still not a good hitter but when you STRUGGLE to get a couple hits (hall of fame).... it's just no fun. then if i make a mistake in the first and give up a couple home runs i feel like i am pretty much done unless i pull out a miracle

Ferny

You guys should just play for it unless Ferny is willing to fork it but I'll automatically give Rays to Ferny if he wants because I know he'll be an outstanding league member

Just give me the Rays and let DCX take the Yankees. I don't want to risk any of our games going the 7-8 innings and then crashing or something.

McNei1y

I've only played Diamond Dynasty online for about 10 games or so... it's not too bad; however, there is a glitch that happens every now and then where a player animation is happening on your screen differently from the other persons screen. For instance: I hit a gapper yesterday that was going to result in a triple. I sent my man on first all the way home. When the outfielder threw the ball my guy was about to slide into home. My guy crossed the plate with the ball in the cutoff man's glove... 2 seconds later I gear everyone say the guy was out on a close play at home to end the inning. Apparently the ball was with the catcher yet on my screen I saw the ball in the second base man's glove who was in the outfield.

That said I don't know if this happens in regular games. I'm still in as nats though.

Yeah, same thing happenrd to me in DD. ive played quite a few games and its only happened once. That and base running have been my only problems.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lets totally add another unknown variable into an already unstable mode. It'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

DietRob

I'm willing to bet a fantasy draft would take an entire week based entirely on how slow the online menus are.

Pass.

Ferny

Lets totally add another unknown variable into an already unstable mode. It'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

For once, I agree with CB3. Plus there would be no point in all this team picking stuff if we were doing fantasy.

Top Bottom