• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Wow. Obama was crying at the last rally. :(

r-OBAMA-IOWA-2012-huge.jpg

A lot of the reporters there said it was a very emotional speech.

Chichikov

I am highly supportive of school arts and music education -- I think it's extremely important.

HOWEVER, I do not think this is a permanent solution as I support a much broader school funding reform, rather than a patchwork solution that this is. And two, this is a FLAT TAX. Flat taxes are evil.

Hrmmmmmm!
I agree with all of your assessments, I think you need to ask yourself what are the implications of this not passing.
I don't know the answer by the way, I don't know much about the Portland school system. In general terms, I think I would've voted for that if it failing would've meant serious and lasting damage to art and music programs.

If this is something that is most likely going to find another way to get funded, I would vote no.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I haven't lost a friend over the election yet, save one crazy guy I mentioned a while back who had already gone off the reservation some time ago.

I do know one poor mormon kid who, in the last 3 weeks leading up to the election, basically gone entirely silent and won't talk to or comment on anything with any opinion. Feel sorry for him, he's gay, mormon, way way too intelligent to buy into neocon shit, but is pretty much the whipping boy of his ultraconservative parents. He's going to vote Romney because he knows its what they want.

Who knows, maybe his conscience will take a level in badass when he gets to the ballot.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I agree with all of your assessments, I think you need to ask yourself what are the implications of this not passing.
I don't know the answer by the way, I don't know much about the Portland school system. In general terms, I think I would've voted for that if it failing would've meant serious and lasting damage to art and music programs.

If this is something that is most likely going to find another way to get funded, I would vote no.

And I think that's one of the things that it came down to. It's a local Portland measure, and with the right mayor in place, I can see school funding being a solvable problem. I also voted for fixing leaky roofs and outdated facilities for Portland schools and improving middle school science labs. It really came down to priorities.

Plus, I am highly opposed to any type of flat tax.

girl posted this:
26621_4412874692240_410132965_n.jpg

which isn't even Tebow's twitter, and got super mad when I pointed out that not only the account was fake but that the premise was false, and said I shouldn't share my comments when she didn't share her comments in the first place. Made no sense lol

LOL. West coast says that tweet is bullshit.

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report2.gif

Here it is, folks. Based on the following data points:

Minus is negative for Obama, while Plus is a positive.

• GDP (1.7%, which is less than 3.5% 2nd quarter GDP needed to be safe) (-)
  • Trial Heat Polls, Pre-Post Labor Day (+)
  • Obama July Approval (Above 40%) (+)
  • Fundraising ($1billion vs $980 million) (+)
  • Facebook Likes (32 million vs 11 million) (+)
  • Twitter Mentions (~75 million vs 24 million) (+)
  • Crowd Sizes (2,300 vs 4,300) (-)
  • Diablos Panic Measure (8 on scale of 10) (-)

Since August 1, my algorithm has run nearly 564,000 simulations and as of midnight cst, it currently projects (95% CFI) Barack Obama to be reelected 44th president of the United States with a popular vote total of 51% while amassing 332 electoral votes.

Magni

Have a question poligaf. Arizona proposition 121, what does it do?

The proposition is called the "Open Elections/Open Government Act". Similar proposition have been passed in Louisiana, California, and Washington.

I am leaning towards yes but I don't feel I completely understand what it does.

Proposition Information: http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Info/PubPamphlet/Sun_Sounds/english/prop121.htm

PBS video on Proposition 121: http://www.azpbs.org/vote2012/121.php

Vote YES. (I vote in WA)

SmokeMaxX

I vote no for waiting for OT6. Ban election talk if you guys want, but this thread is going to blow up like 100 more pages whether we keep it as is or go to a new one.

border

girl posted this:
26621_4412874692240_410132965_n.jpg

This reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw that said something like "100,000 people came to Obama's inauguration -- only 7 of them missed work".

It struck me as being as close as you can possibly get to having a bumper sticker that says "I am a racist" without actually buying a bumper sticker that says "I am a racist".

Keio

For a Finer World
Better start a new topic and not risk causing forum issues. Databases can be a bitch.

And it's only fitting that there is the OT thread for OT discussion and the community thread which is kind of meta. And the end of a journey as well.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Well, ending my nightly Fox News watch and not one pundit they have had on has said Obama is going to win this. Not one out of some 10 they have talked to/about.

Wow!

I commend Glen Beck's co-host (not sure the name) that said he disagreed with Glenn and the other cohost and said he thought Obama would win with about 296 votes or something. I was pretty damn shocked.

This reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw that said something like "100,000 people came to Obama's inauguration -- only 7 of them missed work".

It struck me as being as close as you can possibly get to having a bumper sticker that says "I am a racist" without actually buying a bumper sticker that says "I am a racist".

I think the bumper sticker was more along the lines of "Democrats are freeloading hippies" than "I am a racist".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, ending my nightly Fox News watch and not one pundit they have had on has said Obama is going to win this. Not one out of some 10 they have talked to/about.

Wow!

I commend Glen Beck's co-host (not sure the name) that said he disagreed with Glenn and the other cohost and said he thought Obama would win with about 296 votes or something. I was pretty damn shocked.

Glen Beck has a new show?

SmokeMaxX

Wow!

Fair and balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom