• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY |OT| Volume 5 starts October 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Gooooodammit.
The lack of details is terrifying but the fact that money is being asked for leads me to believe it's a problem that has some sort of solution. I wish I got paid today...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gooooodammit.
The lack of details is terrifying but the fact that money is being asked for leads me to believe it's a problem that has some sort of solution. I wish I got paid today...

Agreed. I'm honestly at a loss for words right now. I pray that he pulls through.

I hope he manages to make a full recovery. Since they said it was a medical emergency I'm assuming it's something immediate that happened.

Monty is a hardcore workaholic going by his previous postings so I wonder if that somehow exacerbated whatever issue he's dealing with right now.

Regardless, I wish him the best.

I'd imagine we won't hear anything until they're back in the office tomorrow. Egoraptor and RubberNinja flew down to visit and show their support, so hopefully that is a good sign.

Wanderer5

There some nice artwork made in the last day or so in regards to this.

iQUQdQP.png

naeS

Man, the RWBY community is tops. When I heard the news, it killed the rest of my day. I'm praying he pulls through. Like coolasj19 said, terrifying.

coolasj19

In happier news, RWBY is now on Netflix.
=O
That's absolutely fantastic news! Time to relentlessly recommend it to my friends. Both seasons?
I'd imagine we won't hear anything until they're back in the office tomorrow. Egoraptor and RubberNinja flew down to visit and show their support, so hopefully that is a good sign.
We're coming up on 48 hours. Every hour there's no bad news is good news.

Wanderer5

Wonder if RWBY will continue on. Looks like he had plotted up to the 8th season, but man there at least the combat choreography that would be worrisome; his defining skill. It might not have the same flair in future battles.

naeS

That podcast... damn. Some tears.

Looks like they will continue on, which is great. I think he would have wanted that.

It's a touching thought that they would continue on and make Montys work be the best it could be in his memory, keeping his creative spirit and work ethic alive.

But I hope each of them does what they feel is best, I'm sure it would be hard working on his passion project without him.

While it's true that it'll be incredibly difficult to continue RWBY with Monty gone, I feel that it's the best and most appropriate way to remember him. RWBY was his dream that he had worked tirelessly to bring to life. What better way to celebrate his life then to carry the fruits of his labor into the future?

While it's true that it'll be incredibly difficult to continue RWBY with Monty gone, I feel that it's the best and most appropriate way to remember him. RWBY was his dream that he had worked tirelessly to bring to life. What better way to celebrate his life then to carry the fruits of his labor into the future?

Indeed.

I'd personally feel insulted that my life work stopped because I died.

SDBurton

I missed the podcast unfortunately but I'm incredibly pleased to hear that RWBY will continue. He worked so hard to make this project a reality, it's so heartwarming to hear that they want to carry on in his honor.

Kieli

RWBY will always have my continuing support. Monty's projects have brought me tons of joy.

I hope they retire Ren as a character. It doesn't feel right having another person voicing this character.

I hope they retire Ren as a character. It doesn't feel right having another person voicing this character.

If they do decide to retire the character, I want him to go out like an absolute fucking champ. I don't want him to just disappear or fade away, I want him to die punching the sun.

naeS

I agree. RWBY has brought me tons of joy and the people I have talked to in this thread are fantastic. I will follow this show for as long as it lasts.

If they do decide to retire the character, I want him to go out like an absolute fucking champ. I don't want him to just disappear or fade away, I want him to die punching the sun.

Yes. I'm going to miss the Ren and Nora shinanigans.

Voror

I'm glad to hear they'll continue on since I don't think Monty would have wanted the project to remain stopped at where it was. I am curious about what they'll do about fight scenes though I did read something about him training some animators who handled some sequences.

I suppose it might be appropriate to retire Ren, though seeing him go too would pain me.

I am curious about what they'll do about fight scenes though I did read something about him training some animators who handled some sequences.

Apparently the Phyrra v. Mercury fight was animated by one of his proteges. It's not my favorite fight, but a lot of people seemed to think it was great, so hopefully the show is in good hands.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was all for this with monty working on it back when it first started airing, but it came across as really cringey, I am a anime fan, and was even moreso one back then but it felt like such a really cringey i guess "generic" anime that I didnt really bother to continue, this was just my first impressions of the first episode tho, does it get better? I did like the animation for what its worth.

SDBurton

Indeed.

Just noticed the title change. Excited for the group rewatch. Wish there was a way for all of us to watch it together.

Agreed. Just looked at the calendar and saw that the 15th is on a Sunday. Do we have an idea at what time it'll start and where?

coolasj19

Indeed.
Just noticed the title change. Excited for the group rewatch. Wish there was a way for all of us to watch it together.
Easiest way would be to set a time that everyone can press play on on Netflix since it autoplays and gets rid of that annoying buffering and all around bad pacing caused by episode splits, because it's in the format of a movie.
Agreed. Just looked at the calendar and saw that the 15th is on a Sunday. Do we have an idea at what time it'll start and where?
No plan. But the first person who says a time is probably going to win. I'm busy all day but I've watched both seasons literally tens of times. I follow along well.

naeS

Easiest way would be to set a time that everyone can press play on on Netflix since it autoplays and gets rid of that annoying buffering and all around bad pacing caused by episode splits, because it's in the format of a movie.

No plan. But the first person who says a time is probably going to win. I'm busy all day but I've watched both seasons literally tens of times. I follow along well.

Works for me, I'm setting aside that day for it anyways. So I'll let someone else throw out a time.

coolasj19

Fine, I'll call it.
Sunday at 1 Central. Noon on the west coast. Two on the east.
I may actually be able to swerve around my previous engagements now actually.

EST : 3pm
CST : 2pm
GST : 1pm
PST : Noon

coolasj19

Just correcting the times on this- that would be 11 am Pacific. You're forgetting the Rocky Mountain time zone.
What? I got it backwards then. Uhhhhh. I wanted to get Pacific in on Noon because waking up before then is weird. What is that?

EST : 3pm
CST : 2pm
GST : 1pm
PST : Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom