• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

Richard is petty as hell, especially when he blew it with his ex because he couldn't get over spaces vs. tabs. You know he messed up when even Jarred who adores him, is fed up with his antics.

Gavin's reaction to Bachman showing up in Tibet was great.

Off camera I'm sure Middleditch is funny and all but I think Kumail is the real star. Dude has been funny on podcasts and other shows for as long as I've been aware of him (at least 5 years).

Bitanator

Jack Barker bolting out of the building when the phones start exploding haha. He is such a great asshole I hope he gets stuck back in the server farm again to end the season

Off camera I'm sure Middleditch is funny and all but I think Kumail is the real star. Dude has been funny on podcasts and other shows for as long as I've been aware of him (at least 5 years).

Kumail is great on Doug Loves Movies anytime he shows up and I miss the Indoor Kids podcast he used to do with his wife.

kiguel182

Richard continues being the worst. At this point he is ruining everything good the show does. At least Jared called him out on it. Except in the end he forgave him?

Jared deserves better. Heck, everyone deserves better. Fuck Richard, they should just replace him.

5taquitos

This show is Sisyphus.

As soon as the girl introduced her new boyfriend, it was painfully obvious that Richard was going to Richard the whole situation. Yeah, this time it led to Jared's outburst, but that already seems to be glossed over. Not to mention that we had a chance for Gilfoyl and Dinesh to be truly mad at Richard for screwing them out of their deal, but that got resolved off-screen so it's all good I guess?

And fuck, Dinesh continues to be just as terrible as anyone else regarding his girlfriend in prison.

Erlich's writing-out is lazy as fuck, though Jin Yiang shines as normal.

TVexperto

What happened to this show. It was so amazing and funny in season 1 and I was expecting them to become this huge business and evolve this show into something like The Office of the tech world, yet after so many years they are stuck in that crappy house

Ogodei

This show is Sisyphus.

As soon as the girl introduced her new boyfriend, it was painfully obvious that Richard was going to Richard the whole situation. Yeah, this time it led to Jared's outburst, but that already seems to be glossed over. Not to mention that we had a chance for Gilfoyl and Dinesh to be truly mad at Richard for screwing them out of their deal, but that got resolved off-screen so it's all good I guess?

And fuck, Dinesh continues to be just as terrible as anyone else regarding his girlfriend in prison.

Erlich's writing-out is lazy as fuck, though Jin Yiang shines as normal.

Dinesh and Gilfoyle can't be that mad because it wouldn't have worked out anyway. Or worse, he had signed immediately and then they'd have been part of the Hooli acquisition and gutted at the first opportunity.

Vyer

What happened to this show. It was so amazing and funny in season 1 and I was expecting them to become this huge business and evolve this show into something like The Office of the tech world, yet after so many years they are stuck in that crappy house

What business did the Office evolve to?

I can't begin to express how much I fucking hate Yin Jiang. I get irrationally angry at him.

FIRST of all, how dare you!

Second, his name is Jian Yang, not Yin Jiang.

Third, your phone obviously auto corrected Richard to Yin Jiang, because there is no way anyone could ever hate the best or second best character on the show, Jian Yang. The way he threw that bag at the airport was sheer poetry in motion.

He also gave Erlich a free upgrade to economy premium, which provides an extra 1.8" of legroom which a hefty man like Erlich needed. Jian Yang is truly the munificent leader that all the world will see hopefully in season 5, as the rest of Pied Piper realize what a horrible leader Richard is and bring in Jian to provide them the success they need and deserve.

CoolOff

With this episode, I have Richard in the running for WOAT character. I absolutely loathe him, and I think I'm done as well after next week.

Like, the entire episode was ruined for me from when he hacked Flulas computer and forward. Not even the kill switch-bit got a smirk.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Third, your phone obviously auto corrected Richard to Yin Jiang, because there is no way anyone could ever hate the best or second best character on the show, Jian Yang. The way he threw that bag at the airport was sheer poetry in motion.

He also gave Erlich a free upgrade to economy premium, which provides an extra 1.8" of legroom which a hefty man like Erlich needed. Jian Yang is truly the munificent leader that all the world will see hopefully in season 5.

The problem is he's like a mean version of Big Head. I'd rather see a character "Forrest Gump" his way through Silicon Valley, which is why I wish the show was just about Big Head accidentally failing upwards.

He also gave Erlich a free upgrade to economy premium, which provides an extra 1.8" of legroom which a hefty man like Erlich needed. Jian Yang is truly the munificent leader that all the world will see hopefully in season 5, as the rest of Pied Piper realize what a horrible leader Richard is and bring in Jian to provide them the success they need and deserve.

Might be the worst opinion I've ever seen on GAF.

images

Zomba13

I feel like this episode just basically voiced everything I find annoying about this show. Erlich and his "No. What's the point. Every time you try you just end up failing" speech and Jared snapping at Richard for being a petty, selfish twat.

SeanC

They've really gone out of their way to make Richard unlikeable this season. He was already there but now you don't even want to have his back in any way. I don't know if that's intentional, he's also way more scatter-brained than in the past but I wonder if that's more Middleditch because that's how he kind of is IRL.

I dont' know where else the show can go, the step forward/step back process of each season has kind of become tired. I think they should do one more season, have them at the top and totally successful, all go their separate ways with cash in hand, only to have them all screw up on their own and have to come back together (get the band back together) type of thing. Then call it a day.

Edit: All that being said, I still think the show is incredibly funny and well done and I love the characters/actors. It's not like it's bad, it just needs to find a new angle.

nampad

I felt bad when their plan seemingly failed but that was because the guys were pulled down by Richard again. Can't wait for Richard to just fuck off, thank god Jared finally said what we all thought.

His ex gf's character was so forgettable I didn't even recall that she was the spaces vs tabs girl.

Also, poopfare!

NYR

His ex gf's character was so forgettable I didn't even recall that she was the spaces vs tabs girl.
It's the shows thing - bring back characters from old episodes. It does it so much, they get desperate and do stuff like this. Very lazy.

jett

D-Member
Hey Richard fucks up again for no reason whatsoever. Who didn't see that one coming. And sadly Richard is indeed the worst character in the show. I can't see how anyone could possibly disagree. He could be one of the worst main characters of all-time.

I enjoy this show but it seems like they've squeezed this stone all they've could.

Vyer

that was an evolution? :)

which is when the show wasn't very good.

comedies like this tend to stay in their lane, and that's for the better, imo. the switch to something 'else' or major shakeups tend to not work out well

the loss of miller may tend to be that signal, but imo it hasn't happened yet. show is still very sharp.

Addi

Richard might be the first character to win the "worse protagonist than Ted Mosby"-title.

I love the security guy.

So this is probably an unpopular opinion but I disagree with most of you - the show's still excellent IMO.

Highlights:

Jian Yang throwing the suitcase angrily at Erlich basically saying "Fuck you"
Dinesh as an unintentional suicide bomber
Richard and co totally fucking up Hooli's presentation with the exploding phones

Thought it was a great episode. The only thing that would make me stop watching the show is Erlich's departure which might be a killing blow - but for now I remain a fan.

Looking forward to the fallout next week in the finale.

I laughed the Lucky cover spoof, Dinesh visiting the prison just to screw over his hacker ex like a dick that totally won't backfire at all. the suicide bomber bit and Jared finally, at least briefly losing his shit at Richard's dumb ass were my favorite parts. Before they revealed he just changed a stupid screen saver like a child, I was expecting he wrote some quick script to screw up the data on the laptop and that his ex would find it and notice the use of tabs and make the obvious connection and it'd all blow up there.

Top Bottom