• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
By a long shot too. The next biggest is the Halo 3 thread with.... 1.5 million? Maybe less?

Post count probably won't reach twice as high as that thread though. Not without this becoming the official thread after the release as the game will be out soon and updates will end. :(

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
typhonsentra said:
By a long shot too. The next biggest is the Halo 3 thread with.... 1.5 million? Maybe less?

Post count probably won't reach twice as high as that thread though. Not without this becoming the official thread after the release as the game will be out soon and updates will end. :(

The updates still continue after the game's release.

Plus there's us stinky Europeans who might hang around in this thread talking about Smash Bros., because it's a safer bet than talking in the spoileriffic official thread while we wait our turns to even play the damn game. :(

Is there nothing this game doesn't do? Whenever I get married, I won't be surprised to see Brawl standing in the delivery room, ready and able to deliever my child, and all I'll be thinking, "Oo, megaton."

This update is awesome. All the characters, fully customiszable (save, their probable specialized base stats). I can't even imagine how long I'll be sitting there trying to figure out what every damn character needs. Do I round out their weaknesses? Or imporove their strengths? I can make Bowser faster, or stronger.

... I could make Captain Falcon stronger. That thought made me all tingly. Please Sakurai, give us the Knee in your game of pure win.

Just imagining if I hadn't actually ever visited this site.

Imagine looking through that manual for the first time, not knowing anything about the game. Every page would bring it's own revelation of "HOLY SHIZMOAT! WHAT THE HELL!!!" until you died in a puddle of disbelief.

Cynar

Android18a said:
Just imagining if I hadn't actually ever visited this site.

Imagine looking through that manual for the first time, not knowing anything about the game. Every page would bring it's own revelation of "HOLY SHIZMOAT! WHAT THE HELL!!!" until you died in a puddle of disbelief.

I don't think I would've been able to handle that much awesome at once. :lol I'm very thankful for the dojo.

Speaking of not knowing things in advance. Who's going to try to avoid spoilers. I'm actually thinking about it.

I'm not going to avoid them like the plague, just stop highlighting spoiler tags. Is anyone else with me?

Gagaman

crowphoenix said:
Is there nothing this game doesn't do? Whenever I get married, I won't be surprised to see Brawl standing in the delivery room, ready and able to deliver my child, and all I'll be thinking, "Oo, megaton."
This comment made my day :lol

Scribble

Gekkonidae said:
Speaking of not knowing things in advance. Who's going to try to avoid spoilers. I'm actually thinking about it.

I'm not going to avoid them like the plague, just stop highlighting spoiler tags. Is anyone else with me?

Spoilers I want to know:

1. The full character roster
2. The full stage roster

Spoilers I don't want to know:

1. SUBSPACE EMISSARY

I know that I won't realistically won't be able to avoid any spoilers.

However, I'll be playing co-op with someone who doesn't even check the dojo, so perhaps I can enjoy it through his eyes.

I'm going to try to avoid spoilers altogether. I just don't think it'll be possible to here character and stage spoilers and selectively avoid subspace spoilers. Plus I think it would be fun to play through the game and be surprised by hidden characters.

This update really solidifies Sakurai's brilliance as a game designer to me. Not that I am some ultimate judge or anything, but the sticker thing really turned me off because it had no tie-in to the gameplay. So what does Sakurai do? He ties it into the gameplay, in a huge fucking way. And not only that, the way he worded it, it sounds like Special Brawl will allow you to use the stickers, which will be lots of fun.

When I first read this, I thought he was actually applying it to the regular brawls in the game, which I was kind of gritting my teeth at, because that would be a huge fundamental change to the gameplay. But of course, he knows where to apply it and where not to, and I fully expect we can use stickers in brawls, but the brawls are special, not regular.

Amazing job Sakurai. You, like Iwata, are showing us things that we didn't know we wanted but now we do!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh I just noticed in the Japanese Brawl Trailer, its seems Squirtle can crawl.

Just putting it out there >.>

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Holy Crap, Killer App for me confirmed ten times over.

I will buy a Wii before this game comes out. THIS GAME IS MAKING ME BUY A WII, DAMN YOU NINTENDO.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hcoregamer00 said:

I will buy a Wii before this game comes out. THIS GAME IS MAKING ME BUY A WII, DAMN YOU NINTENDO.

They've got you now!

Gagaman

Imagine if you could have online special brawls, in which you can gamble your selected stickers? There is so much potential with this feature.

Scribble

I hope Intense mode lives up to its name. If it does, the Sticker Power-Up feature will be brilliant, and allows a lot of strategy. If the Intense mode is easy, then, you know.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Should've included a sticker mode for multiplayer.

Still, it's awesome. I know I'll be obsessing over my sticker-builds.

I never gave a shit about this game, mainly because I dont like fighting games. But with the news of a greatly expanded single player...interest +10000

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GreenNight said:
I never gave a shit about this game, mainly because I dont like fighting games. But with the news of a greatly expanded single player...interest +10000
I like you.

rhino4evr

Hcoregamer00 said:

Yeah, and then you can also pick up the 2007 GOTY. It's called Mario Galaxy.

CassSept

Oh. My. God.
At first after ive seen the update ive thought its some stickers crap. Then read it whole. Jesus Christ.
Ive thought idea that some ppl were suggesting in this thread, of leveling and buffing your character would be sweet, but impossible. How wrong was I.
This is Game of the Forever. How much more can Sakurai bring us?

Scribble

HotByCold said:
And what if some the characters will spoiler the SSE?

Is that a hint?
J/K

I can't think how a character could spoil the Subspace Emissary, apart from knowing that they'll make an appearance....

Vlad

Scribble said:
Is that a hint?
J/K

I can't think how a character could spoil the Subspace Emissary, apart from knowing that they'll make an appearance....

Well, what if one of the playable characters is one of the Subspace Emissary characters (not the pre-existing Nintendo ones)?

My current plan is to go cold turkey on the Dojo and all Smash spoilers once the game comes out in Japan. I don't want to know about the hidden characters/stages, at all.

Of course, it remains to be seen if I'll be able to resist the temptation. It didn't seem that bad when the game was coming out in early February, but the latest delay will make things rough.

Kjellson

modea07_071005d-l.jpg

modea12_080118i-l.jpg

Looks like they changed the world map, there's a mountain or something to the right now.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Scribble said:

Well... and this is the ONLY reason why I can think of Brawl roster reveals being "spoilers"... unknown new characters might appear in a dramatic fashion for the first time during an SSE cutscene. Knowing about it beforehand might lessen the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom