• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
farnham said:
oh ill just translate everything

·some figures will appear as assist trophies if you gain them

· A boss in Submissary is from the fire emblem series. He does not fight but he summons monsters.

· Boss rush mode after clearing Submissary.

· You will need 240 hours to clear submissary with every character available.

· Bowser, Dedede and Wario also appear as bosses in the submissary mode.. they are beeing mind controlled

· If you have a save data of ssbm you will get special trophies, BGM etc.

· same with super mario galaxy and some other wii games
oh snap

I'm trying to think of all the trophies I haven't gotten...

1. Diskun (missing quite a few, although I did get Paratroopa KO, Koopa KO, and No Damage Clear :D)
2. Coins (the mode is simply not very fun)

I think that's it.

HotByCold

Banned
farnham said:
oh ill just translate everything

·some figures will appear as assist trophies if you gain them

· A boss in Submissary is from the fire emblem series. He does not fight but he summons monsters.

· Boss rush mode after clearing Submissary.

· You will need 240 hours to clear submissary with every character available.

· Bowser, Dedede and Wario also appear as bosses in the submissary mode.. they are beeing mind controlled

· If you have a save data of ssbm you will get special trophies, BGM etc.

· same with super mario galaxy and some other wii games

Spoiler for some people.

Teasel said:
i think it's kinda lame but really who has a wii and doesn't have melee and mario galaxy?

I haven't had melee in a while. I gave it to my friend since we only ever play it when we're at his place. So I don't think I have a Melee save file on my Wii.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Damn, this game is going to be fucking crazy long. I think GAF should have a race for the person that finishes the game first with 100% of everything.

Minsc

Gold Member
Teasel said:
i think it's kinda lame but really who has a wii and doesn't have melee and mario galaxy?

Well, it did say Mario Galaxy and other Wii titles. If it's just looking for a save file, I hope downloading a save file off the internet for whatever games you don't own to unlock the ability to find trophies is a trivial thing.

Hopefully exclusive content isn't tied to owning Carnival Games or some other crappy title.

Are these bullet points 100% legit anyway or just well-backed rumors?

Scribble

HotByCold said:
Spoiler for some people.

Yep. Lol, looks like I was unsuccessful.

That Bowser one was a bit disappointing, tbqh =(

So Subspace Emissary will have
Every Nintendo character, good and evil, hi-fiving each other and kicking the Subspace Army's asses. I just hope they stop being mind controlled earlier on in the story, so we get to see the REAL Bowser, Wario and Dedede

Jackson

with the amount of content in this game, added gameplay and the glowing franchise it is, if they don't get 10/10 (or equivalent) from every review site/mag then they've failed miserably... :lol

Chumly

Minsc said:
Well, it did say Mario Galaxy and other Wii titles. If it's just looking for a save file, I hope downloading a save file off the internet for whatever games you don't own to unlock the ability to find trophies is a trivial thing.

Hopefully exclusive content isn't tied to owning Carnival Games or some other crappy title.

Are these bullet points 100% legit anyway or just well-backed rumors?
Why in gods name would u assume that. If its going to be anything its going to be GOOD titles like SMG, Melee and maybe something like Zelda. I dont know why you would be afraid of them puting in random shitty titles.

m00

Jiggy37 said:
I didn't see us speculating on this (maybe I missed it), but did spot it in the Go.Nintendo comments: Andy is the one sticker we've seen in this update with a black background. And I went back and looked at the stickers update--and, yep, Andy's still the only one with a black background.
Some were considering the possibility that it might mean Andy was playable, but that doesn't seem true; Ike, Donkey Kong, and Kirby have various stickers with white backgrounds.

So what do you think it means? I'm sure someone will come up with the answer if we brainstorm. :eek:
We know that the background changes from white to gray when a sticker is applied, so let's consider the shade just to be a way of telling us the status of each sticker on the trophy stand at a glance. We also know that, when multiple stickers affect a single stat, only the most powerful sticker counts. I'd guess that, when a sticker has a black background, it has no effect because it is currently "trumped" by a more powerful one.

flipping_heck said:
Shit! I got a US Wii but only played SSBM on PAL.. they better be unlocked somehow in the game.
"I've got a golden ticket hammer...."

Gekkonidae said:
I haven't had melee in a while. I gave it to my friend since we only ever play it when we're at his place. So I don't think I have a Melee save file on my Wii.
Copy your friend's Melee save file onto a new GameCube memory card, or buy one of the ones with saves pre-installed. :D

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
If that 240 hour thing is true, holy fuck...

Normally, I would have been ecstatic at something like that, but then again, I was ecstatic about Zelda: TP's Hyrule Field being super huge too. See how that turned out. :/

Granted, this wouldn't be an issue if it was done in a good way.

Also, I thought we were forced to play with specific characters as we progress? It was one of the things that turned me off to it, believe it or not. As much as I would love seeing as many new characters as possible, I DO NOT want to PLAY as them! I've been born a Mario, and I shall die as one!

TheKingsCrown said:
Amazing job Sakurai. You, like Iwata, are showing us things that we didn't know we wanted but now we do!

Wasn't it Miyamoto who said that?

Fireblend

Banned
m00 said:
I'd guess that, when a sticker has a black background, it has no effect because it is currently "trumped" by a more powerful one.
Makes sense, I'm pretty sure that's it. If not, it's a damn good guess.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay... who are these folks?
10prqkh.png

I feel like the winged girl is from a Fire Emblem game, and the whale looks either like a Pokemon or from the DK Jungle Beat game, but I really have no idea.

-----
The list is getting smaller, thanks to that Electroplankton sticker....

Update #8 - List of Nintendo titles/series not present in Brawl (at the moment).
(Bold indicates a Melee presence.)

1080° Snowboarding
Alleyway
Animal Leader / Cubivore
Arm Wrestling (arcade)
Battleclash
Card Hero
Custom Robo
Doshin the Giant
Duck Hunt
Eternal Darkness (the ip belongs to Nintendo, I believe)
F-1 Race
Game & Watch
Golden Sun
Gumshoe
Hajimari no Mori
Happy Panechu!
HeliFire
Hogan's Alley
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mecha Fight
Kaeru no Tameni Kanha Naru (the guy that turns into a frog -- cameo in Link's Awakening)
Kururin
Magical Vacation
Marvellous
Nazo no Murasamejou
Picross
Polarium
Radar Mission
RadarScope
Sennen Kazoku
Sherriff
Shin Oni Ga Shima
Short Order & Eggsplode
Sky Skipper
Solar Striker
Space Fever
Space Firebird / Space Demon
Space Launcher
Star Tropics
Stunt Race FX
Sutte Hakkun
Tantei Club
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
To The Earth
Tomato Adventure
Trace Memory
Urban Champion
Wave Race
Wii Sports / Play
Yakuman (Mahjong)
Yuu Yuu Ki

All the generic sports titles

Stuff formerly/incorrectly on this list:

Band Brothers -- Barbara the Bat assist trophy (Japanese site footage)
Chibi Robo -- Chibo Robo trophy
Electroplankton -- sticker
Mole Mania -- reported Muddy Mole assist trophy
Oendon/Elite Beat Agents -- trophy (Japanese site footage)
Super Mario Strikers -- Mario in soccer outfit trophy (and/or soccer ball)

HURGHT

Minsc said:

So far as I can remember, you can't transfer save files for games you haven't played on your Wii from SD to Wii internal memory. It says something to the effect of "play the game first, then you can transfer save files."

Minsc

Gold Member
Chumly said:
Why in gods name would u assume that. If its going to be anything its going to be GOOD titles like SMG, Melee and maybe something like Zelda. I dont know why you would be afraid of them puting in random shitty titles.

Good point.

So far as I can remember, you can't transfer save files for games you haven't played on your Wii from SD to Wii internal memory. It says something to the effect of "play the game first, then you can transfer save files."

I think this may be correct too, so downloading saves for the purpose of sidestepping the requirements wouldn't work. But as pointed out, we're all going to own all these games already anyway.

Akai

DavidDayton said:
I feel like the winged girl is from a Fire Emblem game, and the whale looks either like a Pokemon or from the DK Jungle Beat game, but I really have no idea.
Acro from Kirby's Dream Land 3...

*Ack, beaten*

Shiine

"Pokemon or from the DK Jungle Beat game,"

-_-

The Whale is from the Kirby Games... This model is from The Crystal Shards

HK-47 said:
Thats what I said. The U probably is the word unique. Yet a damper on the sticker being unique to an unrevealed AC character is that said character wouldnt have magic attacks.
On the other hand, DeDeDe does not have slash attacks, so the cellphone would not do him too much good.

It might count items, as well.

Edit: Whoops, missed the resistance part.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
zaccheus said:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137916

gamestop story kid is now trying to retract his story.
Thats not what he said to Fragmaster
pupuran (5 hours ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
Reply | Remove | Block User | Approve | Spam
New Comment (Pending Approval)
lol, this isn't the real guy who posted the original thread. This guy isn't Jupiter, I am. And yeah...whatever, I really don't care. I was going by what Toys R Us had in their data sheets and no one really likes GameStop people anyway. Do I feel stupid? No. Did I make a mistake? nope...at the time, I really believed Toys R Us over Gamestop...who wouldn't? Whatever, though. No biggie.

pupuran (5 hours ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
Reply | Remove | Block User | Approve | Spam
New Comment (Pending Approval)
Dude, you're a genius. You really captured a sense of aggravation that I was holding back. I laughed so hard the whole way through. Even though I was a complete jerk to that GameStop guy, I was no where near this...bizarre...as you represented me in this video.

...hmm, I wonder if I should just step out and let people think that you are me...it's working wonders. I just don't want my TagName to be mis-represented...but this is working! lol

-much love,
the REAL Jupiter

Jiggy

TheKingsCrown said:
As the top poster in this thread, I hereby challenge you to a bout of Smash Bros. Brawl when it comes out and is online in a stable way.

gauntletbig.jpg
Okay. Don't know if I'll live up to expectations going by my post count, though. :lol

I don't see what all the hub bub is about getting extra stuff for having save files. From what I remember you got a Pikmin trophy in Melee just for having a Pikmin save file. Same for Luigi's Mansion I think. Like somebody said, they're just rewarding dedicated fans.

And I think that the whale sticker is the Pokemon Kyogre. I could be wrong though, but it looks an awful lot like him.

peppermints said:
And I think that the whale sticker is the Pokemon Kyogre. I could be wrong though, but it looks an awful lot like him.

Kyogre.PNG

Not really.

Also those yellow elephants pic remidns me of the Wii's instruction manual. :lol

SuperAngelo64 said:
About 4 if we count the 'shoe-ins' (Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf).
Considering that SSBM had 25 playable characters (26 if you count Sheik) and the original had 12, 30 seems like a low number of characters for the next installment.... -_-

sonicspear64 said:
Considering that SSBM had 25 playable characters (26 if you count Sheik) and the original had 12, 30 seems like a low number of characters for the next installment.... -_-

I'm personally hoping for atleast 40.

Most people are saying 30, or 34 is more realistic though.

Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
and Ganondorf

After them no more characters are needed, but those have to be in. They are some of the best characters in Melee, it's kinda making me nervous that they have yet to be unveiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom