• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
DK Final Smash

<Konga Beat>

As you might expect from Donkey Kong, his Final Smash is something...upbeat. That’s right, he’s breaking out the DK Bongos!

donkeykong_070730a.jpg

Taa-daah!

And...DUM DOO DUM DUMMM!

It’s cool to just pound on them, but why not listen to the music that’s playing? Press buttons in time to the beat to really get things hopping.

donkeykong_070730b.jpg

1, 2, 3...dum, doo, dum dum!

donkeykong_070730c.jpg

Now clap! Clappity clap clap!

Feel the rhythm and increase the power! T-t-take it easy, will ya!

donkeykong_070730d.jpg

And finish!

DK’s invulnerable while in the middle of this move, so take it easy and enjoy the moment.

Oh, and jamming during screen scrolls and such is something you might want to...think about.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
archangel565 said:
Is it just me or are Donkey Kong's eyes in the first picture the most evil looking eyes you have ever seen? :lol

You want evil in Mario characters? Mario Strikers Charged is the game to play!

PkunkFury

well that's a random final smash. keeping time to improve the damage is cool, though. I wonder if there will be cues to help those of us with no rhythm

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Not good enough for a late update. A good final smash for DK. I wonder if the damage radius will grow with each perfectly timed beat? Thats how I would do it.

ShockingAlberto said:
So, wait.

This Final Smash wouldn't be appropriate for DK's own level? :lol

Yes. :lol

Jasup

So when between getting the smash ball and unleashing the final smash, can you use other offensive moves or is it more "press any button for final smash"?

PkunkFury

Jasup said:
So when between getting the smash ball and unleashing the final smash, can you use other offensive moves or is it more "press any button for final smash"?

i'm guessing it's any button for final smash once you have it. Otherwise, people would run around in OMG I'm awesome and on fire mode for the rest of the match instead

Nicktals

Banned
PkunkFury said:
i'm guessing it's any button for final smash once you have it. Otherwise, people would run around in OMG I'm awesome and on fire mode for the rest of the match instead

Which would be pretty sweet.

WildArms

Heh. I got bored and made my own Character list. Left things blank but I included explanations. I doubt it's enough to make everyone happy though :lol

Mario
-----
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
{Mario Character}
{Possible Mario Character}

Zelda
-----
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
{Zelda Character}
{Possible Zelda Character}

Yoshi
-----
Yoshi

Donkey Kong
-----------
Donkey Kong
{Donkey Kong Character}

Wario
-----
Wario

Kirby
-----
Kirby
Meta Knight
{Possible Kirby Character}

Pokemon
-------
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
{Pokemon Character}
{Possible Pokemon Character}

Metroid
-------
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
{Possible Metroid Character}

Fire Emblem
-----------
Marth
{Fire Emblem Character}
{Possible Fire Emblem Character}

Star Fox
--------
Fox
Falco
{Possible Star Fox Character}

Earthbound
----------
Ness
{Possible Earthbound Character}

F-Zero
------
Captain Falcon

Retro
-----
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr Game & Watch
{Possible Retro Character}

Other Nintendo
--------------
{Other Nintendo Character}
{Possible Other Nintendo Character}

3rd Party
---------
Solid Snake
{3rd Party Character}
{Possible 3rd Party Character}

WildArms

Characters: 32 to 43. If half the possibles make it, then that makes 37-38 characters and 0 clones. Don't forget Melee had 19 Characters and 6 Clones, so this is a vast improvement.

Mario - We are bound to see a new Mario character, probably Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. There's also chances for Geno (Although I strongly doubt this) and Paper Mario. I think two of these four will get in. Dr. Mario becomes a costume, but hopefully when you select it, he will still be slightly different, like in Melee.

Zelda - Three characters are not enough for this series, so we are bound to see a fourth, and possibly a fifth. Fill in the blanks yourself. Might see Young Link (or Wind Waker Link). Ganondorf has new moveset and uses sword.

Yoshi - I doubt we will see any more characters from Yoshi series, as there are already alot of Mario characters, and it isn't easy to tell the difference.

Donkey Kong - I assume we are bound to see another Monkey of some sort, most probably Diddy.

Wario - The characters in WarioWare are not really fighters, and there isn't much need for them.

Kirby - Possibility of King Dedede cannot be denied, but perhaps three characters for this series might be a tad too much in Sakurais eyes.

Metroid - Not very popular in Japan these days. There's a possibity of a second character (might be Ridley).

Pokemon - The original three will return. Pichu will be nerfed. A Pokemon will be used to represent 4th Gen, and possibly one to represent 3rd or 2nd gen.

Fire Emblem - Marth will stay, we will also get another Fire Emblem character. On the third slot, Roy might return (with a new moveset), or we may get a new character, or neither.

F-Zero: This series isn't as big as you think it may be, and also there isn't much need to give someone else a complete new moveset from ground up, like Captain Falcon. Plus, the fact that Samurai Goroh is a Assist Trophy makes me strongly doubt another F-Zero character. Don;t forget this is just a racing series.

Star Fox - Falco gets new moveset, possibility of another Star Fox character is there.

Earthbound - Not big outside Japan (yet?). Ness will return, Possibility of second Earthbound character.

Retro - I don't see any reason for Nintendo to remove Ice Climbers and Game & Watch. They have unique movesets. Along with Pit we may see another Retro character (Balloon Fighter perhaps?)

Other Nintendo - Possibility of other Nintendo Series, like Pikmin or Animal Crossing, or perhaps something totally new. I think we are bound to see one familiar new series make a debut in Smash, with the possibility of a second.

3rd Party - We will definietly get at least one more 3rd Party, and possibly a third. The candidates are Sonic, Mega Man and Bomberman, but don't always expect the obvious.

PkunkFury

I'm guessing 35 individual characters tops. Assuming all unique characters return from Melee (and counting Sheik and Zamus as unique characters) 24 characters are already known (5 new to brawl). I think expecting more than another 10 is a bit much. He only added 7 unique characters to Melee. Adding 15 to Brawl already doubles the output.

Haunted

That final smash is pretty awesome. So he's invincible when he pops out the bongos, and the better you keep the rythm, the stronger your attacks are for a short period of time? I like this.

Man, this game will be so ****ing good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom