• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCReuter

ssbcompare1.jpg

Wanted to put this up two days ago, but never got around to it. Yet another Mario comparison.

radiuhm

HELL YEA PIT! I'm telling you this is the man right here, so excited to play with him, love the little thing about controlling the trajectery of the arrow. Kinda reminds me of Samus's bombs in Melee how one locked on to you and one just fired straight out. What I'm most interested in is how long the transition from arrow to dual swords takes. Either way I'm glad to see my boy PIT getting some love.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
radiuhm said:
HELL YEA PIT! I'm telling you this is the man right here, so excited to play with him, love the little thing about controlling the trajectery of the arrow. Kinda reminds me of Samus's bombs in Melee how one locked on to you and one just fired straight out. What I'm most interested in is how long the transition from arrow to dual swords takes. Either way I'm glad to see my boy PIT getting some love.
At the moment Wario is the first one I'm going to play as.

Michan

Pit is so ****ing hot. If I were a 12 year old girl and he were a little more real I'd be all over that bag of barely-clothed meat.

His shorts look smaller in the updated render, too.

/drool

Link Man

Banned
radiuhm said:

I'm guessing swords will be his A attacks (like Link), and the bow will be one of his B attacks.

radiuhm

BGBW said:
At the moment Wario is the first one I'm going to play as.

Heh Wario, I just want to beat the crap out of him to see what sound he makes when he dies, I always loved hearing him and Waluigi in agony when I beat them.

BGBW said:
I'm guessing swords will be his A attacks (like Link), and the bow will be one of his B attacks.

Yea I get what you're saying, hope his bow isn't kinda just there like Link's was, but a key part of the character. After watching the World Wide trailer I love how they made PIT and Metaknight fly when fighting. Looking towards a lot more air combos with this guy.

Link Man

Banned
radiuhm said:
Heh Wario, I just want to beat the crap out of him to see what sound he makes when he dies, I always loved hearing him and Waluigi in agony when I beat them.

Yea I get what you're saying, hope his bow isn't kinda just there like Link's was, but a key part of the character. After watching the World Wide trailer I love how they made PIT and Metaknight fly when fighting. Looking towards a lot more air combos with this guy.

You quoted the wrong person...

MaddenNFL64

The more I see, the more i'm impressed. Can't wait!

This thread is going to bloat up till release date, like an all in one Oblivion thread :D.

Akinola

What'll you think the next update will be?

I just got into the Metal Gear series, and I hope they update some info on Snake, even though he's supposed to be an unlockable character.

But what i'm really anxious for is the opening movie to the game, before you press Start.

Will it trounce Melee's? It has a lot to make up for to be awesome..

ziran

Wow!! Looks amazing! :D

Since we're seeing more info now does this mean a release after Metroid Prime 3 and before Mario Galaxy?

Roll on E3!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Akinola said:
But what i'm really anxious for is the opening movie to the game, before you press Start.

Will it trounce Melee's? It has a lot to make up for to be awesome..
I hope that there wil be two versions of the intro movie, one normal and one that includes the secret characters.

Firestorm

I'm wondering what they mean about the trajectory as well... The way you control Link and Young Link's boomerang (I guess more YLink because he has more control over it) can't be used for arrows because I just can't see that as being intuitive for arrows... Oh well, should be interesting to see how it works out.

In Sakurai We Trust.

This whole site is really, really cool now that it's starting to fill out a bit. The fact that it's a global site is great too. Nintendo's really getting better at their marketing especailly their online sites ... everything is much more unified.

WastingPenguins said:
What do you guys mean when you say Wiimote controls to guide the arrow? Do you mean use the pointer to guide it, or tilt the controller to control it?

I think what they mean is "we want the game to suck" when they say they want Wiimote controls.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Adventure Mode of SSBM was lame. I'd rather have a unique adventure mode for each character than one generic mode for all.

Also, animated trophies FTW?
I wouldn't mind it if there was some bit of story behind it. Either way, this game will be about the multiplayer modes, and as long as they have classic, I'll be happy.

Eteric Rice said:
Pit is awesome.

I want a new Kid Icarus game got damn it.

I always said that Bit Gens should've been sequels to NES Nintendo games, using the same gameplay and graphics engine. So you'd have an LoZ game which basically amounts to a third quest, and a brand new Kid Icarus :D

Also, DS Sports FTW!

Jenga

Banned
superbank said:
Are we getting an update today or was Pit todays update and we have to wait till Monday?
Time flows differently in moon land! Expect a new update later tonight or in the morning.

TEJ

Fireblend said:
They should skip to the real surprises and show us Klonoa already.

At least admit he would do a great SSB character

He would be, but there are other characters i'd like to see make it into the game before him.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Well, considering the first update was on tuesday, I think there is a chance there will be an update today.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
sp0rsk said:
Well, considering the first update was on tuesday, I think there is a chance there will be an update today.
You really enjoy twisting the knife, don't you? :lol

Eteric Rice

gimz said:
ssbcompare1.jpg

now look at the background behind Mario in SSBB, could this be a stage of Mario Galaxy? :lol

It amazes me sometimes that a game with so much shit going on can have character models that hardly show any polygons. :|

justchris

Eteric Rice said:
It amazes me sometimes that a game with so much shit going on can have character models that hardly show any polygons. :|

They get away with that because there's so much shit going on. Seriously, think about it, when you're actually in the middle of a Smash game, do you have time to notice how low poly the characters are? Cause while you're doing that, I'll be blasting you off the stage FTW.

Incidentally, today's poll on gamefaqs is about what 3rd party character you'd like added to Brawl. I think everyone should go now and vote for Crono.

Fireblend

Banned
justchris said:
They get away with that because there's so much shit going on. Seriously, think about it, when you're actually in the middle of a Smash game, do you have time to notice how low poly the characters are? Cause while you're doing that, I'll be blasting you off the stage FTW.

Incidentally, today's poll on gamefaqs is about what 3rd party character you'd like added to Brawl. I think everyone should go now and vote for Crono.

I'm not sure I'd like to see Crono there. He does belong to my favorite game of all time, but I'm not sure he would fit well. Oh wait, Snake's in, might as well include him.

Eteric Rice

justchris said:

Well, I used to hit pause and look at the details of the characters when the game first came out. And in the screenshots they look quite good, even now.

Much better than third pary efforts, which are like one giant polygon with a texture on it. :lol

Zeed

Banned
justchris said:
They get away with that because there's so much shit going on. Seriously, think about it, when you're actually in the middle of a Smash game, do you have time to notice how low poly the characters are?
reputation_pos.gif
justchris
I am a n00b
(Today, 03:38 AM)

Way to completely misread that post.

please don't update on the weekend

I hardly got any sleep because of this Japan Time this week :(

scottnak

Smiles and Cries said:

I hardly got any sleep because of this Japan Time this week :(
It's Saturday in japan = not a weekday
Go get some sleep! Don't fall for sp0rsk's false hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom