• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
(most likely at midnight PST, since that is when the updates have come every day except for the site relaunch, if I'm not mistaken)
You are.

Nevertheless, this will not deter us from waiting until MEGATON.

Game-Biz

This game WILL have online. Don't doubt it. Just don't. Because it WILL have it.

At the very least, 1 vs. 1.

Don't believe it. Know it.

VegaShinra

Linkup said:
Nintendo knows it's memorial day here, expect big things!
Metroid I bet. Everything starts with M. Metroid, Memorial, Monday, May, Megaton.

Game-Biz said:
This game WILL have online. Don't doubt it. Just don't. Because it WILL have it.

At the very least, 1 vs. 1.

Don't believe it. Know it.
Def. have 1 v 1. If not then Nintendo screwed up on their biggest online title. 1 vs 1 is all I ever expected out of the game. Make it happen Nintendo. Shock the world with 4 vs 4. :lol

Amir0x said:
did they announce Ness yet?

Are you worried Ness won't make it? He obviously will. He was in both previous Smash Bros, and is one of the most awesome and unique characters in the series. Ness is for the experienced SSB player.

Amir0x

Banned
they would if it was the Ness from N64 Smash Bros., and not the uber gimped GCN version.

but i don't care about playing this series in a serious fashion... I just want to masturbate to more Earthbound locations, remixed tunes and Ness himself.

Linkup

Game-Biz said:
Hopefully they will annouce soon how to actually play the ****ing game?

Hopefully with the classic controller.

Why do you expect it to play any different than melee on a classic controller? I thought the wiimote was rising the "?".

ShockingAlberto said:

Forgot to mention you where wrong last time.

Then again so was I.

VegaShinra

Game-Biz said:
Hopefully they will annouce soon how to actually play the ****ing game?

Hopefully with the classic controller.
Highly likely it will have Classic Controller support. I'm guessing it'll be like DBZ for the Wii. Personal choice for either Wiimote and nunchuck, GCN pad, or Classic controller. Makes everyone happy this way.

I wouldn't say Ness is gimped at all. His baseball swing rocks and if you are able to use the 'B'-up move and hit yourself you can be really dangerous. My friend usually loses to me, but when he really performs with Ness he can be dangerous.

Amir0x said:
but i don't care about playing this series in a serious fashion... I just want to masturbate to more Earthbound locations, remixed tunes and Ness himself.

I agree, two of my favorite levels and songs were the EB ones. I had this idea that, because they are spending so much time on SSB and an engine they already have, they could really focus in on the characters one-player mode. Perhaps each character has a separate set of levels set in their own worlds. Imagine playing Ness'?

This game is such a good promotional tool for other games. EB on SNES bombed, but with Smash Bros. introducing Ness and his style I think a new one could really have potential.

Amir0x

Banned
The M.O.B said:
Lets say Ness was returning,What would his new level be,or would they just use his previous 2.

i would want a lvl set in Threed, or maybe a level that switches between Summers/Winters

Game-Biz said:
Actually, I'm really hoping for a short bio of Pikachu. I would like to see how that character is coming along.

"We thought Pikachu's throw was too versatile in SSB64, so in Brawl we've removed his throwing ability."

Branduil

Smash Bros. Online will probably be like BWii- Only 2 Wiis can connect, but you'll be able to do up to 4 players, 2 on each machine.

celebi23

underfooter, there is at least 1 (probably 2). In the initial Snake screenshots, they showed him inside a MGS-like building & then in the Nintendo World trailer last november, they showed Snake outside a building in a very winter setting (maybe Alaska?).

Amir0x

Banned
i will have a good laugh if it's not online, but it won't impact my masturbation to Ness and the other Earthbound-related shit in the game either way.

The M.O.B

If they want people to be interested in their future online games then they should put it into one of their most anticipated games.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
JCX9 said:
I'll be pissed, but hopefully theres a lot of smash players in college.
There are, especially if you're going to a major university in california :lol

I love these updates. Even when they're stuff we already know, it's nice confirmation plus we get all those fap-worthy screens. Very nice.

How long to go (roughly)?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Alkaliine said:
I love these updates. Even when they're stuff we already know, it's nice confirmation plus we get all those fap-worthy screens. Very nice.

How long to go (roughly)?
Probably an hour. Go play some Melee or something. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom