• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

rod

Banned
just bought this. works with my AU mastercard :D great game, very nice to see it on the big screen. i know im nitpicking but online play would be :O

Maybe someone can help me.

I am in the military and currently stationed overseas. I have been attempting to download Tekken via Playstation store; however, I cannot because it refuses my credit card. The problem I believe is there is no option for FPO/APO. My address is an FPO address and all of my credit card billing addresses are sent to it. And unfortunately, there is no option for paypal transfer either.

llTll

Banned
i got to play around 40 matches and i am going to say i am really impressed.

- the game has some soundtrack that are the best i have ever heard in any fighting game
- the new heros in the game are like omg awesome [ this NAZI guy or whatever ] is like my new hero now. nice fighting style
- the game animation is kinda better than the PS2 version. graphics are much better than the PS2 version [ mainly because of the HD ofcourse but still ]

really this game is very awesome.

also. thank you TTP

Tanzen

Are the options exactly the same compared to japan version?

Only three video to purchase and download so far?

Damn. The impressions of the game sound very good, but I have spent a lot of money this month, and I need to chill out a little. This is definitely on my list of games to "pick up" eventually.

Spiderjericho said:
Maybe someone can help me.

I am in the military and currently stationed overseas. I have been attempting to download Tekken via Playstation store; however, I cannot because it refuses my credit card. The problem I believe is there is no option for FPO/APO. My address is an FPO address and all of my credit card billing addresses are sent to it. And unfortunately, there is no option for paypal transfer either.
Damn APO addresses...

I'm a military brat, so I know what you're going through. Too few companies think about those who are in the military with an APO address.

Hope you get it worked out, somehow. Maybe use the address of a relative? I had to do that a lot.

Milky vs Gertsmann
here is Milky's review
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3157642

Personally because of the absence of practice mode, I agree totally with Milky's review.

it is such SNES/Genesis thing to do to go into VS mode with the timer set to infinity and energy bars maxed out for the lack of Practice mode

with roster of around 35, one cannot truly be expected to memorize multiple characters IMO unless you are already fluent with the series
I always plays as Heihachi, Law and Lei just because they are the ones I know and without practice mode I can't go to far learning other characters

teiresias

Got it downloaded last night - took freakin' FOREVER - I can only imagine how long it would have taken if the download had been the same 800+MB that the Japanese release was.

In any case, as someone who's a pretty casual fighting game player, being able to get this for $20 without leaving the house rather than paying $60 for VF5 is a pretty good deal for me. Now to just learn to actually play it since I've never played Tekken before at all. Should be fun.

I'm getting no audio via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver. Only Tekken is having this problem. The supported audio formats in my PS3 configuration are the ones that were auto-detected when the PS3 queried the receiver. Anybody else having this issue?

Kittonwy

Banned
MFING HOSERS SONY!!! MFING HOSERS!!! It's still not up, why am I punished for being a Canadian?
Don't answer that, eh.
Indifferent2.gif

AAK

As much as it does suck for us Canada campers... we should at least be happy we're not shafted as bad as Europe.

But seriously Sony why?

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
:lol I can't believe Sony delayed the Canadian release...is it to provide French too? Or are they having a hard time figuring out the exchange rate and GST?

:lol

I'm glad I bought the HK version more than a month ago...got it early AND paid less for it :lol

teiresias said:
In any case, as someone who's a pretty casual fighting game player, being able to get this for $20 without leaving the house rather than paying $60 for VF5 is a pretty good deal for me.
Namco owns your soul.

Does the Japanese/HK version have any more downloadable content than it did at launch?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
llTll said:
- [ this NAZI guy or whatever ] is like my new hero now. nice fighting style

The more i play with Dragonuv the more i see the similarities between him and Big Boss. The fighting stance, the CQC-like grapples. He just rocks.

Oneself

Fatghost said:
:lol I can't believe Sony delayed the Canadian release...is it to provide French too?

No, because there are actually two different ****ing stores for Canadians. Being french native, I created my first account in French and I only got access to the FR-CAN PSN store. The FR store is a mess, full of mistakes and **** ups; like Lemmings.. it's still not up in the downloadable games section. You can get the demo though, the only way to get the complete game is by clicking on the game's ad.. wich, I think, is not on PSN anymore.
Talked a while to Sony's customer support and they can't do anything about it.

So I created a dummy english CAN account and, to my surprise, they're different!

... so I have a FR-CAN account, an english-CAN account and a freaking dummy Japanese account and I'm on the verge of creating a US account now... this is getting stupid.

slade

Figures; finally something comes to one of these download services that I actually want and I can't get access to it.

If it's not up by tonight, I doubt it's going to come to Canada until next week or maybe even until Calling All Cars is released. It's been a rollercoaster though with the multiple release dates and delays.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
An update to my problem. I tried the game out this morning and it ran smooth as silk. None of the problems I had earlier were present. Very odd.

Dante

Hrmmmm, time to eat a little crow. I kinda commented on the Gamespot reviewer being a lil loopy for rating the graphics in this as high as VF5, but i was surprising blown away with how pretty this game is in 1080p. It's really nice looking. I can't comment too much on the gameplay, but I will say I'm digging the number of characters, and ZERO load times.

So let me get this straight. Apart from the higher res are the character models more realistic by using more animation and more details on them? and the backgrounds having more effects and details too? or is this just the same graphics but in hd?

Oneself

slade said:
If it's not up by tonight, I doubt it's going to come to Canada until next week or maybe even until Calling All Cars is released.

That is... if Calling All Cars is released in Canada! :lol

Souther

Banned
Ill get around to Dl this at some point..But VF5 is occupying my time as of now.

question about druganov...

does he play like Goh Hinogami or Vanessa?

I believe Goh uses Judo and Vanessa uses Vale tudo. or is he using the russian art of Sambo?

seems like Tekken has 2 crazy lookin dudes now...bryan fury and Druganov. Not sure if they can top Goh though.

Kittonwy

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Hell yea it is! (Along with Nancy Drew Trailer, and Motorstorm Behind The Scenes.)

Downloading right now... 22.99$ ($24.08 w/ taxes), 555MB

Server is insanely fast.

Damn, I was thinking that if I get home and can't download it I would have thrown a fit of all fits (toilet paper hanging on trees, grass fertilized, tires kicked, beers consumed...).

I'm glad I can go home and download it though. Yay.
angry.gif

I DL the game last night. It was pretty speedy for me (But this was around 3AM Eastern).

The game looks and plays great. However, I noticed that there are only 3 or 4 movies to unlock? Wha?

Somebody please tell me that the ending movies for the other characters will be forthcoming. I know it's just some movies but I can see myself playing this a lot longer if I can eventually unlock the movies for all characters.

EDIT: NVM about the Tekken5 stages. "Only usable in VS mode". - That sucks, they should be thrown into the arcade rotation as well.

llTll

Banned
TONX said:
The more i play with Dragonuv the more i see the similarities between him and Big Boss. The fighting stance, the CQC-like grapples. He just rocks.
now you mentioned it. its true :lol

Cory_t_

Anyone willing to share this game with me if that still works? I don't have a credit card and I would like the US version. I'll pay through pay pal. PM me if you're interested.

llTll

Banned
Kintaro said:
An update to my problem. I tried the game out this morning and it ran smooth as silk. None of the problems I had earlier were present. Very odd.

it seems the installation didnt go as smooth. no need to worry

Anyanka

Souther said:
question about druganov...

does he play like Goh Hinogami or Vanessa?

No, not really. He has a tackle and a bunch of moves that can transition into throws but they're all slow, easy to break or interupt.

The old stages show up in Ghost battle mode, just not regular arcade.

LJ11

This has probably been answered before, but I just want to make sure before I make a purchase. Does the HRAP3 and/or Sega VF5 stick work with this T5DR? I see no reason why it shouldn't but a confirmation from a user would be nice. :)

My Hori Fighting Stick 3 which was 50 bucks at Frys works great with it. I imagine the more expensive Japanese sticks would work too!!

Top Bottom