• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

LJ11

Shawnwhann said:
My Hori Fighting Stick 3 which was 50 bucks at Frys works great with it. I imagine the more expensive Japanese sticks would work too!!

Thanks! This game is awesome by the way.

I'm with you Rod, wish there was some online vs mode. I would love nothing more than to kick your ass in some T5DR. :D

Shawnwhann said:
My Hori Fighting Stick 3 which was 50 bucks at Frys works great with it. I imagine the more expensive Japanese sticks would work too!!
I can confirm that for the price, this is a really good stick although I have only used it for VF 5 I am pretty sure it works for T5:DR

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
typhonsentra said:
Haha, this topic was enitrely build-up. When it finally came few seem to care.

If Tekken had come out in early January, it would be a big deal, with nothing to play besides Resistance.

But in March, almost two weeks after VF5, and a week before Motorstorm and later on, Virtua Tennis and other games...why should anyone care?

Not to mention, Americans and Canadians are paying more for T5 now than people in HK did two months ago.

BlackGoku03 said:
Damn APO addresses...

I'm a military brat, so I know what you're going through. Too few companies think about those who are in the military with an APO address.

Hope you get it worked out, somehow. Maybe use the address of a relative? I had to do that a lot.

My account was locked out this morning because I kept trying to validate my credit card information. I tried to use my aunt's address. I had to call Sony to see if they could unlock it. The CSR (who seemed to be an older woman) began hitting on me. Their normal databases have FPO/APO addresses just not the PSN one, and they're supposed to call me all the way in Japan to fix my issue. The funny thing was the CSR was like why didn't I buy a Japanese PS3. Of course I answered backwards compatibility, which was news to her. And I guess that backwards compatibility is the only way I'm going to play some Tekken 5.

Lettuce

Ok i have a slight problem, i was downloading this yesterday, when the download got to about 56, and the connection was lost due to an error. When i restared the PS3 again, and clicked on the tekken demo, it came up with 'There are no items available for your account', you usually get this if you have already downloaded the demo dont you? Well i have looked in my games tab and there is not Tekken in the game list, and they have charged me for the download!!. How do i download the demo again or get my credits refunded??

rod

Banned
LJ11 said:
Thanks! This game is awesome by the way.

I'm with you Rod, wish there was some online vs mode. I would love nothing more than to kick your ass in some T5DR. :D

haha you talk the talk LJ but can you walk the walk :D

Big-E

Wow, games great. Having an arcade stick helps alot. On the psp I would only be able to pull of an ewgf 20% of the time. On the PS3 I am doing it 95% of the time now.

I downloaded the US version just because I wanted to understand the items descriptions, moves list decriptions and fix that little coloration bug that apears next the the press start logo on some outdoor levels

so. I'm restarting my Heihachi from scratch, I didn't buy that many items on my HK version except for the old Tekken 5 colors.

for most characters, I preffered the original T5 colors and my mission was to amass enough gold so I can buy the old T5 color pallets for the characters that I liked

KTallguy

Banned
Lettuce said:
Ok i have a slight problem, i was downloading this yesterday, when the download got to about 56, and the connection was lost due to an error. When i restared the PS3 again, and clicked on the tekken demo, it came up with 'There are no items available for your account', you usually get this if you have already downloaded the demo dont you? Well i have looked in my games tab and there is not Tekken in the game list, and they have charged me for the download!!. How do i download the demo again or get my credits refunded??

In account settings, go to download list.

KTallguy said:
In account settings, go to download list.

yup, check the top right corner of your screem, ... just on the left of the shopping cart, there is a download list button.

you have the right to 5 downloads of your purchased game

snorggy

okay this thread is mammoth so I aporogize for not going back and reading through all 35 pages.. but is this game worth it if i own Tekken 5 for PS2 and played the living crap out of it? Is enough brought to the table (graphics aside) to justify buying it "again"?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
snorggy said:
okay this thread is mammoth so I aporogize for not going back and reading through all 35 pages.. but is this game worth it if i own Tekken 5 for PS2 and played the living crap out of it? Is enough brought to the table (graphics aside) to justify buying it "again"?

Ehhhhh...probably not.

snorggy said:

Sure. New characters,levels,music,items and moves. Think of it as an expansion pack.

Fatghost said:
If Tekken had come out in early January, it would be a big deal, with nothing to play besides Resistance.

But in March, almost two weeks after VF5, and a week before Motorstorm and later on, Virtua Tennis and other games...why should anyone care?

Not to mention, Americans and Canadians are paying more for T5 now than people in HK did two months ago.

I agree, and I'm a Tekken fan.

This should have been released day and date with the Japanese version, or sooner. It's just too little, too late now to make much of an impact.

Namco's next-gen missteps continue.

I'll be sticking to the swank PSP version, for all my DR needs.

snorggy said:

I think so.

*New characters
*better graphics
*new moves
*new animations
*new levels
*new music
*new combos
*a plethora of new customizable items
*some new CG movies

Think of it as Street Fighter 2 vs. Street Fighter 2:Turbo.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Pristine_Condition said:
I agree, and I'm a Tekken fan.

This should have been released day and date with the Japanese version, or sooner. It's just too little, too late now to make much of an impact.

Namco's next-gen missteps continue.

I'll be sticking to the swank PSP version, for all my DR needs.

Yeah, it was way damn late. However, I can't think of a game like this that's ever been downloadable before, on consoles. So, that's big enough impact for me.

This game is every bit as awesome as Tekken 5 was on PS2. I'm a big fan of Tekken (I have Jin's tattoo on my left arm, spanning from my shoulder to my elbow) and having this on my PS3 is really nice. I like that I don't have to load the disc or anything, just fire it all up and start playing!

Everything seems better too. Sharper graphics, new stages and soundtracks PLUS the old ones, 2 new characters with great costume design, AND redesigned character select and pre-fight screens! I'm in love.

I just need to get my MAS Arcade stick to work with my PS3 somehow. I guess I'll be taking the XFPS plunge next paycheck. :)

**edit**

Sheesh. Jinpachi is killing my W/L record though. I used to whoop him in T5. Guess I gotta figure out what I was doing back then.

HEY GUYS IV GOT TEKKEN DR BUT THE THING IS IT EXACTLY THE SAME AS PSP VERSION AND I DONT REALLY NEED IT. BTW ITS ON PS3. ILL SELL IT TO SOMEONE FOR $17 US VIA PAYPAL. THATS LIKE $3-4 AND YOU CANT REALLY SAY IT SECOND HAND. ANYONE UP FOR IT. PM ME:) NEOGAF RULZ BTW IM A NEW MEMBER DONT THINK IM A SCAMMER. I JUST DONT REALLY WANT THIS GAME.

da_aussie_bra said:
HEY GUYS IV GOT TEKKEN DR BUT THE THING IS IT EXACTLY THE SAME AS PSP VERSION AND I DONT REALLY NEED IT. BTW ITS ON PS3. ILL SELL IT TO SOMEONE FOR $17 US VIA PAYPAL. THATS LIKE $3-4 AND YOU CANT REALLY SAY IT SECOND HAND. ANYONE UP FOR IT. PM ME:) NEOGAF RULZ BTW IM A NEW MEMBER DONT THINK IM A SCAMMER. I JUST DONT REALLY WANT THIS GAME.

Joke post?

Matt_C

I was thinking about buying it last night since I already got the HK version but I decided to not to go forward because it is FREAKING TWENTY BUCKS. I would not spend a five dollar difference on a game I already spent money on. If it was at $15 or $16, it would be an impulse buy for me.

Did Namco add anything over the HK/JPN version or not?

da_aussie_bra said:
Sounds great. Can I just send you my credit card information instead, because I don't have PayPal.

Yer ok. PERSONAL MESSAGE me your credit card info and ill open a paypal account for you. This is to be safe. Just give me your billing address so i can open a paypal account.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
da_aussie_bra said:
Yer ok. PERSONAL MESSAGE me your credit card info and ill open a paypal account for you. This is to be safe. Just give me your billing address so i can open a paypal account.

da_aussie_bra said:

BAILOUT.jpg

snack said:
Sounds great. Can I just send you my credit card information instead, because I don't have PayPal.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
da_aussie_bra said:

LMAO

da_aussie_bra said:

:lol :lol :lol

TheFallen

Enjoying this quite a bit. Also liking the addition of Dragonov (sp?) who I decked out in military garb. Just wish this one was online for once.

Top Bottom