• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

jax (old)

Banned
DCharlie said:
downloading now...
going fairly fast - 10% in about 1 minute.

can't wait for the pics.

Mmmmm... I didn't realise this was the PSP version. That does it, I'll put the money that I Was going to put to that to other stuff.... :p

kage

Did someone try creating a HK account?

I live in the United Arab Emirates and it accepted my credit card. DR is available at the HK store, downloading now at 2%. :)

Baby Milo

kage said:
Did someone try creating a HK account?

I live in the United Arab Emirates and it accepted my credit card. DR is available at the HK store, downloading now at 2%. :)
Im really thinking about it

i think i might just wait and see if it pops up in the US store first though

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
It's the arcade version, it just has some of the features of the PSP version such as the gallery... you can DL ending cinemas too.

DCharlie

Banned
nice!
load times are pretty much non-existant.
I like ! err... not really much to say beyond that.
an absolute bargain at 2000 yen. Go buy!

consoul

Sounds great.

No joy on the HK account here.
Won't accept my Mastercard. Appears to be actually checking the billing address this time (which it didn't when I signed up for a US account).

duckroll

MarkMan said:
It's the arcade version, it just has some of the features of the PSP version such as the gallery... you can DL ending cinemas too.

Are the ending cinemas already up? Do you have to pay to download them? How big are they? Are they in 720p or 1080p?

kage

chinmonster said:
Ugh. It automatically defaults my country to U.S.A. Damnit. Any way around this?

When does it do that?
This is exactly how I did it: I've already created the first account as a US account and entered a US based CC, this was linked to my system account, so:

1) I created another system account. I logged into the PS3 using the new account.
2) I signed up for the PS Network, I created another master account. Here it asked me which country I'm from, options should include US, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc.... I chose HK and entered my name and birth date. (did it default to the US here?)
3) I entered my details as close as possible, when it asked me to enter a billing address, I skipped it.

Now I have an account that can log into the HK PS Store, I chose to download Tekken, then it asked me for a billing address again. I entered all my CC info, and as for the billing address, I chose a random province and city. country was defaulted to HK. So my billing address was mostly correct, except for province, city and country. It accepted it.

Hope that helps, and sorry if I've missed out anything.

DCharlie

Banned
335002664_22d166f0df_b.jpg

335002118_5b8b75a658_b.jpg

334998147_7e072d1ecb_b.jpg

334999272_f8ac31a61c_b.jpg

335001474_971c4b40e1_b.jpg

334999737_69f0f75446_b.jpg

334997641_2d70611d6c_b.jpg

335000230_aa321bf82c_b.jpg

335000903_845370a05a_b.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
wow, the US PlayStation Store truly rocks.
It still has the bugged GHTD version. No T5 DR. Crappy PSone games selection... meh. Too bad my credit card works only on that store.

kage said:
When does it do that?
This is exactly how I did it: I've already created the first account as a US account and entered a US based CC, this was linked to my system account, so:

1) I created another system account. I logged into the PS3 using the new account.
2) I signed up for the PS Network, I created another master account. Here it asked me which country I'm from, options should include US, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc.... I chose HK and entered my name and birth date. (did it default to the US here?)
3) I entered my details as close as possible, when it asked me to enter a billing address, I skipped it.

Now I have an account that can log into the HK PS Store, I chose to download Tekken, then it asked me for a billing address again. I entered all my CC info, and as for the billing address, I chose a random province and city. country was defaulted to HK. So my billing address was mostly correct, except for province, city and country. It accepted it.

It defaulted to the U.S. store at step two. I'm going to go try again, this time with a USB keyboard. :p

chinmonster said:
Awesome, figured it out
downloading it now! :) Can't wait.

What if they release updates to the game.... there could possibly be problems with installing them if you get the HK version, right?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
chinmonster said:
It defaulted to the U.S. store at step two. I'm going to go try again, this time with a USB keyboard. :p

When it defaults to US, just select HK from drop down box.

Which credit card types can one use in the HK store?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm in the US with an America Visa CC... downloading from the HK store!

Woo hoo!

EDIT - Nevermind, Idiot I am. Confirmed. :(

Ugh still not working. :(

Credit card transfer could not be completed or something like that. I'll tinker for a little while longer and if it doesn't work, then I guess it's time to call it a night.

MarkMan said:
I'm in the US with an America Visa CC... downloading from the HK store!

Woo hoo!

what'd you put for billing address? I see $1 charges on my account, but it still won't accept it or add credit...

Elios83

More pics!

tekken04gs5.jpg

tekken05yt2.jpg

tekken06oa2.jpg

tekken07ta7.jpg

tekken08tt8.jpg

tekken09kl9.jpg

tekken12uv1.jpg

tekken13ws9.jpg

tekken14ie9.jpg

tekken16vb3.jpg

tekken19ma1.jpg

LOL this already looks better than Tekken 6 at E3 :lol :lol :lol (it's not a direct port of the PS2 version).

Dazzyman

I tried setting one up, got further than USA account for me it accepted credit card details but of course when I just tried to buy something for first time it failed it. Pretty much stuffed then until the points cards come out :(

kage said:
When does it do that?

:lol same way people bypassed the 1 month wait to play PSU if they imported, like myself.

Bless credit/debit cards in todays age.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Blablurn said:
does it support online play?

According to Namco's previous released info. No.

I'm sure someone here who has downloaded it will confirm.

Kittonwy

Banned
Elios83 said:
More pics!

tekken08tt8.jpg

LOL this already looks better than Tekken 6 at E3 :lol :lol :lol (it's not a direct port of the PS2 version).

Self-shadowing? Was there self-shadowing in the PS2 and PSP versions (yes I have both but I'm at work so I can't check)? I don't remember. Jin's face looks more detailed for some reason. Keep up the good work, Namco!!! ~_~

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looks great! I'll be getting this tomorrow...girlfriend said I could use her Visa. I think I'm going to end up getting one of my own just for buying games from the PS3 store. :lol

Note to Sony: Tekken 5 DR is still a very popular arcade game. Why not offer PS3s with this and GT HD already preinstalled?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
JeffDowns said:
Ears? I don't wanna seem like a graphics nut...but beside the obvious upgrades of T5 vs T5DR. T5 running in progressive isn't that much of a downgrade, don't you think? Visually speaking?
Why would it be? They didn't re-model everything for PS3 or anything. It's still based on PS2 technology and simply rendered in high resolution on PS3.

jett

D-Member
Seems like Namco even took the time to redo the 2D assets for HD resolutions...you wouldn't think these useless next-gen cocks would bother. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
jett said:
Seems like Namco even took the time to redo the 2D assets for HD resolutions...you wouldn't think these useless next-gen cocks would bother. :p

They had something to prove after that "Tekken 6" video. :)

geox

I got denied cause my credit is not from Japan. I have a Japanese address, but the card must also be "linked" to a Japanese address.

Ah well, took the chance to download GT HD ver 1.1, as well as all the #1 replays... those drifting techniques are out of this world...

Top Bottom