• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

hyp

Jim said:
How the hell did they compress down a 3.59 GB arcade version to 800MB? That's like the size or smaller than a native PS3/Xbox 360 demo. I'm sure they cut out the CG, but still...

Also, nice to see it supporting widescreen even though the original was 4:3.

i love the fact that PSN doesn't limit its downloadable games to 50mb. this is going to hurt MS if they plan to stick to such restrictions. and an 800mb download is a walk in the park, my PSN download speeds have been amazing.

Jim

hyp said:
and an 800mb download is a walk in the park, my PSN download speeds have been amazing.

Last night, it seems like I was pushing ~2MB/second (I have 15/2 cable in NY), so no speed problems on my end since a few days after launch.

Also, it had to be done...

t6_vs_t5.jpg

klee123

Jim said:
Last night, it seems like I was pushing ~2MB/second (I have 15/2 cable in NY), so no speed problems on my end since a few days after launch.

t6_vs_t5.jpg

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that Namco used the assets from DR for the E3 trailer. Here's hoping Tekken 6 will be awesome. Assuming that it'll be a while before Tekken 6 is made, perhaps Namco is making an an arcade version first.

If they are making an arcade version tho, then a PS3 based arcade board should be in development.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tekken 6 is a long ways off. They're still making it for the arcade prior to a console release.(Smart move IMO, look at Soul Calibur III. -_-)....

Can't wait til the immenent Namco System 346 announcement :x !

Regarding more about T6, I'm so glad that the trailer shown at E3 has nothing to do with the finished product. Creator Haruki Suzaki and other members of the Tekken team mentioned that it was a quick video put together right before E3 at Sony's request.

Bad_Boy said:
Tekken 5 is 480p right?

Yes sir.

gogogow

Jim said:

t6_vs_t5.jpg
Yeah, it feels like they took T5DR models and added some polygons. It looked quite unnatural, like Jin's hair and they forgot to add some lighting, which is always present in Tekken.
Obviously a rushed job.

Jim

gogogow said:
Yeah, it feels like they took T5DR models and added some polygons. It looked quite unnatural, like Jin's hair and they forgot to add some lighting, which is always present in Tekken.
Obviously a rushed job.

Yep... well at least the Tekken team gets their hands dirty with the PS3 in some way before moving on to T6 proper. Whenever it hits, should be awesome (and that's coming from a VF fan).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
MarkMan said:
Tekken 6 is a long ways off. They're still making it for the arcade prior to a console release.(Smart move IMO, look at Soul Calibur III. -_-)....

Can't wait til the immenent Namco System 346 announcement :x !

Regarding more about T6, I'm so glad that the trailer shown at E3 has nothing to do with the finished product. Creator Haruki Suzaki and other members of the Tekken team mentioned that it was a quick video put together right before E3 at Sony's request.

Yes sir.

Hey don't you work for a videogame online company?

MarkMan said:

Do you know when we can expect it to show up in arcades?

Dahbomb

Jonnyram said:
800MB download, no online play?
Smells like an HD version of the PSP game.
Judging from the pics, this is hardly the PSP version. It's the arcade version graphically, you can tell in the character models and even says so in the site.

i`m looking at this with an optimistic point view for more future arcade ports being available for the PS3 Sony Store.

a 800MB Arcade Port of a 2005 game is the grand door opener for more Arcade games being ported up to the Sony Store.

even if I own Tekken 5 for PS2 and Tekken DR for PSP, I will be glad to pay for Tekken 5 DR Arcade Port as a PS3 download... to encourage all others (like Capcom, Sega, SNK) to bring on their arcade games.

Dante

Well now....e3 trailer seems to make much more sense. And gives me faith in Namco for Tekken 6 and Soul Caliber. (fingers crossed )

Dahbomb

Dante said:
Well now....e3 trailer seems to make much more sense. And gives me faith in Namco for Tekken 6 and Soul Caliber. (fingers crossed )
I have been saying that since I first saw the E3 trailer. Namco overall has been lackluster but the Tekken team has always been consistent in pushing hardware and showcasing their technical merits. Tekken is still Namco's #1 franchise ever, they will not let it sink that easily if at all. Expect a massive upgrade next year when Tekken 6 is officially revealed, Itagaki WILL cry. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
mckmas8808 said:
Hey don't you work for a videogame online company?

Nope, can't say that I do.

Anyone hiring? PM me. :)

lol... I do some writing for online sites and print publications. I'm very active at Tekken Zaibatsu, the #1 source for Tekken info on the net. I also update www.tekken.vg (though it hasn't been updated in ages) , it's Namco's official Tekken 5 Arcade website for North America.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Uh....what? I don't even know what you're trying to imply with that statement. The PSP version is a low-res version of the arcade game so of course an HD version of the arcade game would be the same as the PSP version in HD. What's your point? :p

Flo_Evans

gutter_trash said:
even if I own Tekken 5 for PS2 and Tekken DR for PSP, I will be glad to pay for Tekken 5 DR Arcade Port as a PS3 download... to encourage all others (like Capcom, Sega, SNK) to bring on their arcade games.

same here (except I don't own a tekken past 3) but downloading tekken 2 and playing on my PSP reminded me how good the series is. Or was. Whatever. I am gonna buy this hopefully to encourage other arcade ports :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Dahbomb said:
Now that it's finally ok to like Tekken at GAF, I am going to start wearing this now:

317175400_b1866c0a35_o.jpg

You sir are a very valiant man. :)

There are more besides just us... watch below as they join in on the fun. If someone could make a nicer avatar, I'd be all over that.

Zaptruder

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Compression techniques that's feasible on the PS3 but not the PS2 help significantly...

afterall, it's how they're making games for the X360 (if the X360 had the same compression ratio as PS2 or Xbox, it wouldn't be able to fit the games it does on DVD7).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
After a night of playing some of the arcade version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection... I'm even more excited for this game to come out on the PlayStation network!

The only thing I'm still in wonder about is controller > USB adapters and the new joysticks coming out for the PS3 in the future. I know for sure Sega Logistics is working on one as is is Hori.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
MarkMan said:
After a night of playing some of the arcade version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection... I'm even more excited for this game to come out on the PlayStation network!

The only thing I'm still in wonder about is controller > USB adapters and the new joysticks coming out for the PS3 in the future. I know for sure Sega Logistics is working on one as is is Hori.

Hori Fighting Stick 3, I've already got my preorder in at Yesasia :D

It's delayed until January though :(

tk512.jpg

this is the best example of proof that this is not a PSP port but verry well an arcade port.

for all of us who played it on PSP, the lower texture resolution was most noticeable on firey Jinpachi.

In this pic, his fire lava animated texture is in higher resolution then the PSP firey Jinpachi

Dahbomb

You don't even really need proof, the PSP game's environments were so barren and PS1 quality that putting them in hi-rez would've been a deal breaker for pretty much everyone here.

Besides this game is going to look 10x better in motion anyway, these screens are useless to me.

Ryu1999

Geezer said:
Hori Fighting Stick 3, I've already got my preorder in at Yesasia :D

It's delayed until January though :(

Any idea if they're using Sanwa LS-32s or if they're using some cheaper crap like with the American Tekken 5 stick

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The Hori Fighting Stick 3 is going to suck. It's not going to use authentic arcade parts.

I guess it's "alright" if you liked the Fighting Stick 2... which was... pretty bad compared to the higher end sticks such as HRAP series or any stick with a Sanwa/Seimitsu.. Instead I hope for the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3. Which is in the works. :)

Have you guys seen images of the Hori Fighting Stick 3 yet? It looks just like the Fighting Stick 2!?

klee123

Regarding arcade sticks, I'm gonna probably use the VF5 stick. Looks a bit plain, but at least it has 6 face buttons.

Just in case some of you are looking for the PS3 Hori Fighting Stick 3, I will have 10 in stock that WILL BE PROFESSIONALLY MODDED with Sanwa joystick and Sanwa buttons. So if any of you are interested, the price will be around 80 dollars. The customer can also choose between the the follow colors for his/her sanwa parts:

Green, Pink, Blue, and White.

This will serve a great substitute till HRAP3 comes out which we will carry soon as well.

BizNatchBox said:
Just in case some of you are looking for the PS3 Hori Fighting Stick 3, I will have 10 in stock that WILL BE PROFESSIONALLY MODDED with Sanwa joystick and Sanwa buttons. So if any of you are interested, the price will be around 80 dollars. The customer can also choose between the the follow colors for his/her sanwa parts:

This will serve a great substitute till HRAP3 comes out which we will carry soon as well.

Send me a pm when the time is right, one of those is mine.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BizNatchBox said:

Aye fool, I'm pickin' one up at your house when you get em' in.

Thanks boss. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Regarding Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on PS3:

There will be additional unlockables which allow you to download FMV sequences(endings/intros and maybe more possibly) within the game. This is not included in the 800 MB download and will require more download space.

And here's some VF Stick High Grade images:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/12/11/103,1165813609,64271,0,0.html

It should be good for all fighting games as long as you can remap the buttons. It does in fact use authentic arcade parts. I'll be getting a pair of these for sure!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
MarkMan said:

There will be additional unlockables which allow you to download FMV sequences(endings/intros and maybe more possibly) within the game. This is not included in the 800 MB download and will require more download space.
will they be 720p/1080p? :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MarkMan said:

I'm beginning to wonder why they just don't release it as a budget-priced PS3 game (on a disc) now. Oh well, as long as they don't charge for the FMVs...

Top Bottom