• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

I know the thread sounds like a no brainier,
but I haven't bought a game for full price since blood borne & FFType 0 ( I needed that FFXV duscae demo >_< )

Anyhow, since I now have Prime I get the discounted price, but even than I still get most of the games at half the cost or less,
since I've been catching up with my backlog, by the time I'm done with those games, I end up getting the next one at a very affordable price.
It's the one good thing about having a back log I guess.

I bought Zelda when I got my Switch. Nintendo games are easy buys at $59 since they rarely drop in price

Horizon Zero Dawn. I needed it launch day and my Amazon delivery somehow got delayed for a week.
Also, good point, I've started pre-ordering games from Amazon since they chop off $12 for preorders.

daviyoung

Banned
yzjvK69.gif

GTA V, i was there at midnight

A full $60? Been a while I think. I guess FFXV. Waited for Horizon to go on sale for $40. Same with plenty of other games lately.

My next day one will probably be the new God of War next year.

Now that I think about it, out of 25 or so games I have on PS4, the only ones I paid full price for are FFXV, Uncharted 4, BO3 and SFV.

SFV was the only one I should have waited on. No regrets on the other 3.

Happens quite often as I have gone all digital on Xbone, (still mostly physical for PS4) but I do the game sharing thing with my brother so it works out to two copies for the full price of one.

Can't remember the last time I bought a PC game that wasn't in some sort of sale.

Jeffrey

I've bought some deluxe edition for $60 after discount.dont remember when else in years. Thanks amazon and best buy.

Apt101

I think it was Horizon: Zero Dawn. I am pretty sure I got Nier: Automata when it was on a sale on PSN, if not it's that.

Twilight Princess HD from Gamestop for the Sound Selection CD

zelda-twilight-princess-hd-cd.jpg

1. Title
2. Teaser Music #1
3. Ordon Village
4. Midna's Theme
5. Hyrule Field (Main Theme)
6. Light Spirit
7. Kakariko Village
8. Death Mountain
9. Queen Rutela's Theme
10. Lake Hylia
11. Boss Battle Part 3
12. Midna's Desperation
13. Sacred Grove
14. Malo Mart
15. Ilia's Theme
16. Hidden Village
17. Princess Zelda's Theme
18. Final Battle Part 4
19. Staff Roll Part 1
20. Teaser Music #2

20 tracks at 53 minutes is much better than a lot of "selection CDs" included with a lot of games.

Uncharted 4. But that's only because Canadian retail prices are back to being abysmal and you HAVE to preorder them to get games at less than $80.

Uh, I think Wind Waker. The original Gamecube one, and mostly because I wanted the bonus OoT disc.

Paying full price is pretty poor idea financially. And more often than not people seem to get a lesser product than if they wait for the GotY edition or some such.

Tagyhag

$60? The last time was Splatoon for a friend's B-day.

For myself I honestly can't remember. It might have seriously been Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I bought PUBG for full price but that was $30.

And that was the last game that I can remember buying with no discount.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
$60? Oh you sweet summer child. Full-priced new games are $80 CAD here in Canadaland.

And it was Nioh (actually paid $100 for the special edition with the season pass included).

I had also pre-ordered Horizon: Zero Dawn, but it was at Amazon during E3 two years ago and I had 30% discount, and at the time games were still $60 so I ended up being like $40 for it in the end. I would have gladly spent the full price on it though.

BotW

WiiU.

May have been the first time I bought a 59.99 WiiU game.

I waited a few days and bought a copy from Target during the B2G1 sale along with two other $60 games. Return value is done per game so I returned the other two games and got BOTW Wii U for $40 days two days after launch.

I bought ARMS digitally, so that. Then I guess the last retail game I bought full price would be...uh...whatever came out before GCU was a thing.

Massicot

Between Amazon and GMG, I really can't be certain..can't think of the last time.

Edit: Reading through this thread, I guess paying full price is easy to avoid as long as you're not going digital on console.

g11

Persona 5 and Horizon: ZD. I preordered both at the same time. No ragrets!

EDIT: Digital purchases so it was the full price although I think there was a "Spend $X get $Y back" deal-y going so maybe not.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
With Gamers Clube Unlocked at Best Buy I purchase "$60" dollar games on release all the time. Thing is with the GCU discount most of the games cost about $48 so I'm paying "full Price" but with a constant discount. Its great and allowed me to buy tons of games earlier than expected.

Top Bottom