• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

NieR: Automata was the last one and I probably won't buy another at full price until I pre-order Destiny 2.

I buy almost all of my games either in sales or after they've been discounted.

I only bought NieR at full price because I thought no one else would... lol
I'm glad I was wrong about that!

Tyaren

Injustice 2. And make that 69€, the usual price for new PS4/Xbox One games here in Germany, which is 78$. ;)

PeterGAF

Banned
Mario Kart 8 Delux. It's not gong down in price anytime soon and I don't mind spending the $60 because I played it every day with my roommates in college. Love taking the Switch with me when I see them now that we've graduated so we can play a bit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I buy every game at full price.

This year so far:

- Tekken 7
- Persona 5
- Nier: Automata
- Horizon: Zero Dawn

Mainly regret my purchase of Nier. Not feeling it one bit, but I plan on going back to it eventually.

Best wishes.

cucuchu

For my switch: Mario Kart 8 deluxe. Nintendo games take a while to go down in price so no use waiting.

For my PS4: Rezident Evil 7. I had been anticipating my full playthrough in PSVR and it was worth the price of the game at $60 and the PSVR for just that experience alone.

For my Xbox one: Mass Effect Andromeda. Yeah, I made a mistake.

norm9

Most recent $60 purchase on xbox was Mass Effect Andromeda.
Most recent $50(?) purchase on pc is SFV.
Most recent $40 purchase (still full price) will be Gold Club 2.

eta- I feel less guilty and wasteful about buying a full price game during my payday week.

WesFX

Neo Member
The idea of the question is a little narrow. I myself have a Gamer's Club discount at Best Buy, so it's been years since I paid full price for retail. But why rule out digital only games? One Piece Unlimited World Red is also a retail game but was only available digitally on Wii U, in the US at least, and I paid full price (I don't think full was $60). Or large digital only games at $40 or more (example: Yooka-Laylee).

It's still worth it to not wait for the inevitable sales, sometimes.

Xenoflare

Persona 5 on the PS3, it's 59.99 in Canada.

I have never gotten a new game in full price ever since the original price hike, handheld excluded.

As of now the MSRP is $79.99 here, $90 if we factor in tax. No game is ever worth that amount of money.

Fjordson

Thanks to the Amazon Prime discount on new games it's been a while. Bought Horizon, Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 recently all on release but none were full price.

Maybe World of Warcraft: Legion or Fallout 4 on PC? Bought that on Steam and I think it was $59.99.

I was going to say Zelda:BotW but I purchased a Best Buy gamer's club or whatever membership at the same time. I'd have to say it was probably Xenoblade in 2012. The last full-price portable game I purchased was Zelda:ALbW in 2013.

Probably Final Fantasy XII, ten years ago. There are just so many games out there that I want, I always wait for a discount or deal.

Top Bottom