• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

Arkanius

Zelda BOTW for the Wii U
Since it was my last console game as well, it will probably be the last time I pay the 60$ price.

jonafish

Neo Member
Zelda for me. I had my Switch pre-ordered at Gamestop and wanted a game to play at midnight so I bought it there even though I have Best Buy Gamers Club and Amazon Prime.

BibiMaghoo

Horizon, and it was worth the money. Before that it was probably Uncharted 4 and Warhammer Total War on PC. Again, worth the cash.

WITHE1982

Physical - NieR Automata - £44.99
Would happily pay again to experience the game from the start. Fantastic stuff.

Digital - Elite Dangerous (last night) - £19.99
I looked at menus, launched my ship and crashed into the very first space station. I'm looking forward to crashing some more tonight.

VR - Farpoint with the Aim Controller - £74.99
So worth it given the scarcity of the bundle now.

All were at full RRP.

IbukiLordSA

Tekken 7

Before that Injustice 2 then Horizon Zero Dawn and then Gravity Rush 2

That's the list for this year for purchases at full price, I did get some other games but those were review codes so didn't need to pay for them.

RomeoDog

Banned
Well I got a lot of money from a lawsuit this year so I actually paid full price for Horizon, Injustice 2, Zelda, and from PSN without a discount I decided to buy the last of us for 40.

Usually I just wait until I can buy the game used at my local pawn shop.

Err I think I've always gotten a game slightly cheaper than the full RRP even at release.

I don't often buy at launch though, last time was pre-ordering Mass Effect Andromeda for like £39

Zutrax

Well, with Amazon Prime I technically haven't paid full price for a game in quite a while. But I would have been more than willing to for quite a few, Persona 5, Zelda, Nier Automata, Horizon to name a few.

I don't particularly think the $60 asking price for larger high profile new titles is that bad, but I do seek deals where I can get them.

Zyrox

Tekken 7 and I paid 70€ because the PSN prices are ridiculous. It was worth every penny in the end though, T7 is amazing.

b3b0p

Every Nintendo game ever?

I buy only games I'm gonna play. Which comes to a handful or less per year depending. Quality over quantity. Whether it's on sale or full price doesn't bother me. I just 1-Click that shit. shrug.gif

LordOfChaos

Err, Age of Mythology, probably.

I don't really buy games at full price now that I can afford them as an adult, I get only a few hours in a week and have a massive backlog so may as well wait 6 months to a year after most AAA launches and get them at least half price.

I gather that wouldn't work with Nintendo, but I don't currently own their platforms.

Thanks to GCU and PC digital pricing, it's rarely necessary.

But I did do it last year... For No Man's Sky. Makes it all the more tragic.

Mithos

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (incl Wolf Link amiibo)

Previously on "Paying full price":

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (Limited Edition)
Bayonetta 2: Special Edition (incl Bayonetta)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (limited Edition w/ Ganon Statue)

Persona7

Banned
Every Nintendo game ever?

I buy only games I'm gonna play. Which comes to a handful or less per year depending. Quality over quantity. Whether it's on sale or full price doesn't bother me. I just 1-Click that shit. shrug.gif
All my Nintendo preorders arrive on day one with at least a 20% discount.

Lincoln6Vacano

Neo Member
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mass Effect Andromeda
Persona 5

All of them worth the price. Mass Effect only barel, but I still got my time's worth. Persona and Horizon both far exceeded my expectations, and I would have gladly paid double if I had to.

Nier: Automata $79.99 CDN on PC.

I had over $100 in card money or else I would have tried buying it off GMG or other website for cheaper.

borges

Banned
The version with the Horizon content is 59.99

The vanilla version of the game is 29.99

If you're on the fence about the game grab the cheapest version and get the DLC later if you enjoy it.

I have Elite Dangerous ;) But I was pretty sure the base game was 20 and the planet exploration DLC another 20s.

m00h

Banned
I think it was Quake 4 back in 2005. At least for the PC.
NFS Underground Rivals for the PSP.
SM3DL for the 3DS.
I also bought some other games for the PC day 1, but didn't pay the full price since I purchased them on some suspicious russian cdkey websites and they were not even half the price that I would have paid elsewhere.

Ricky_R

I always (or at least normally) do. Now I benefit from the Prime discount so I'm not getting them full price per se, but I would if I didn't have Prime.

Top Bottom