• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

Opa-Pa

Zelda BOTW for Switch like 2 days ago. Enjoyed the hell out of it on Wii U and I'm so ready for the DLC.

Before that it was Persona 5 day 1. Next is probably Splatoon 2.

P5 was probably the first full priced game I bought in a couple of years. I rarely game on consoles. I guess if I get a Switch I'll be buying some full priced games.

Horizon Zero Dawn and Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Before these two games, it was Doom 2016

Once I finish some of m backlog, I plan to buy Persona 5 regardless of price.

thefil

ARMS. Impulse bought it on the eShop because I'm a sucker for digital collection on portables. Before that... I don't know. With preorder discounts, I can't think of anything in the last year or so.

LookHappy

Neo Member
Breath of the Wild, before that it was Dark Souls 3. Before that was Battlefield 4 which permanently ended any (pre-ordering/full retail purchases) of (most/any) games.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Witcher 3

Bought it with the season pass, as well. I just Gamefly all other games, who the hell pays $60 dollars for something I'm going to beat in a few days and never touch again?

rainz

NBA 2k17 Pre order i guess.
No Amazon prime/gamers club out here in Aus so if you want it launch day you gotta pay full price pretty much.

Horizon, but even that was with the Amazon discount. Before that...hmmm...Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition...I think.

Very few games strike me as "must play" nowadays. Not only do I save money, but I get to play better, patched versions of the games by waiting. Meanwhile my backlog has grown so big that I've got major AAA titles sitting there just waiting to be play. For example, I'm playing Doom for the first time right now. So 3 months ago I had the option of paying full price to play the iffy Mass Effect: Andromeda or I could have fired up my $30 copy of Doom. Needless to say Andromeda had little chance.

Fbh

Persona 5.

Would have waited but that steelbox was too nice ....I have a weakness for steelboxes

Zedark

ARMS a bit over a week ago. I tend to prefer enjoying a game at the moment I want to rather than stallen the game and wait for a discount. So, I typically buy games for full price at launch if I feel I will enjoy them.

Neonep

ARMS a bit over a week ago. I tend to prefer enjoying a game at the moment I want to rather than stallen the game and wait for a discount. So, I typically buy games for full price at launch if I feel I will enjoy them.

Get gamers club. 20% off new games. After about 3 purchases, it has paid for itself.

big fake

...but $80 CAD is $60 USD. if you were paying 60, we'd be paying 45

Exchange rates
Ya no shit, that's obvious. Regardless for us it's a pretty penny were paying and not as if we're being paid more to compensate for this. Game cost us nearly 100 dollars after tax and it really diminishes gaming budget quickly for some of us.

My point was Americans really don't have much to groan about when it comes to their starting prices. Your getting massive games for such a low cost it makes me disappointed in our dollar every day.

Mooreberg

Day One releases from Amazon are $47.99, so it would have to be something I bought in 2015 just before getting Amazon Prime. Most likely, it is Metal Gear Solid V.

Dynheart

Banned
BoTW. Perhaps the last game I bought as well (can't remember to be honest). I have way too many games to play, I do not need to add to the backlog for the sake of staying current. I'll catch up by buying games NOT at $59.99 (obvious sales)...do not other option at this point.

Too many games!

Rainbow Six Vegas 2...

yup that basically stopped me from buying a game at $60 ever game. Nowadays with GCU there isn't much of a reason to buy a game at full price

Undrey

I'm not a 100% sure but I think it was Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition two years ago. $60 games right now just aren't worth it, given that there'll always be some huge patch and a season pass. Patience is key (and hard).

Mr YuYu

Persona 5.

I only buy 1 or 2 game at launch. For the rest I wait for them to drop to 20 euro.

Not enough time to play them anyway.

Ni no kuni 2 might be the second one this year.

Mario Kart 8 deluxe was the last one, nowadays will take great care on what I pay with so many games reduced within a few weeks.

Ps forgot I bought Horizon Zero Dawn at the same time when getting my PS4 pro.

Persona 5

Before that it was probably MGS V: The Phantom Pain

Edit: Actually, scratch that, I did buy Battlefield 1 from Origin when it launched.

It had been awhile since I had purchased a game at full price, but when Mass Effect: Andromeda released, I just had to have it. It'll be the last game I purchase for full price. I'm going to join GCU soon. AMA and BB are the best places to buy games.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Zelda BotW, but I "bought" Yooka-Laylee full price afterwards (Kickstarter console physical copy reward), it was below 60€ though. Would have been well worth 60€ though.

MilkyJoe

I don't think I've ever paid full price out of my own pocket, even if I have come close it'd be with gift vouchers or loyalty points.

That'll probably change with Battlefront 2. - No, actually it won't, Sainsburys will do their bi-annual nectar points double up weekend, so like last BF I will probably be able to pick it up for £2 again !! \m/

SalvaPot

I usually get a Prime discount or a GCU discount.

So it has to be Wonderful 101, I bought it at Target, worth every penny.

Probably never.. even if it's a day 1 release, I always trade in older games while getting something new so I'm always paying much less than the full price.
OMG you are me. I've done this forever. I don't collect games. Now I have like maybe four physical games in my shelf. So either I'll trade in games I've beaten or I'll wait for a price drop. It's been like this since pretty much always because when I was a kid I didn't have money to buy new games so I traded alot. I don't trade in games if the trade-in value is too low. I usually give them away.

I've had a good spree the past years. I've been trading in fairly new games for day 1 releases. Gamestop is surprisingly generous with their trade-in-value. But now I've been in a slump and haven't been gaming in maybe six months.

I can pay 40 money for a new game, but that's the highest I'll go.

The only digital full price game I ever bought was Master Chief Collection. But I really didn't pay a full price on it because maybe a week before the launch I had found my local super market selling Microsoft Points for half the price. That whole experience really gave the sweet and bitter side of life in the same package.

ramparter

Banned
70€ Breath of the Wild Switch (that's almost 80$)

No regrets.

Just so you know I don't buy full price in general, the last full price I paid was probably Skyrim 360 in 2011. I'll also be buying Super Mario Odyssey full price.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
... Bayonetta 2, I think?

No wait, Uncharted 4.

I mean, the last 5 games I've played I've either gotten for free, heavily discounted or were not 60$ (or equivalent) to begin with.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Persona 5. And Zelda and Horizon before that.

Top Bottom