• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

linkboy

Mario Kart. 8 Deluxe.

Otherwise, I'll buy a game from the Buy/Sell thread. Got both FF XV and Horizon for $40 from there.

Švejk

NieR Automata. It was worth it, I'd say.

...And soon to be Destiny 2. But that would be it this year.

...unless there was some freak, stealth release of Dragon's Dogma 2. I'd give my left nut sealed with a 24K gold wrapper, topped a radiant cut diamond studded bow for that game right about now.

Ravelle

Nier Automata. Was completely worth it.
Also bought Injustice Ultimate edition for 100 bucks.

Pretty much any game that just got released and is getting high praise.

Budi

Ummm, not sure. So often you can get discounted price even on preorders on PC. Last game I bought at launch was Ghost Recon Wildlands, got it from Greenman gaming for about 50 euros. Not worth it, wanted to wait for a sale but my co-op buddies pressured me. Played for 10 hours or so. For Honor I bought from Steam directly, don't think it had any discounts unless I misremember. So that would be it. Worth it btw, had fun with it.

Every Nintendo game. Amazon only sells ebooks here, there's no Best Buy and you can't rent games.

My PC died on me. Had so many problems with it Ill probably never go back to PC gaming again. Sites like cdkeys are really attractive though.

So my last full priced game was Dragon Quest 8 3DS.

With Sony, I can usually wait until something is in the €40 range, unless its a mp game or a game I really want.

gaiages

Banned
Brought BOTW Wii U for full price because I didn't preorder it from Amazon, got caught up in the hype, and bought it locally

Worth it

The few times I preorder I do it from Amazon so I don't pay full price anyway.

DirtyLarry

With my money. Zelda BOTW

With my rewards points collected from my Sony Rewards Points credit card? Just last night I preordered Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 Digitally but it was all from my Reward Points which I convert to PSN Credits.

My wife was so pissed off at me when I originally signed up for the Sony Rewards cards saying I did not have my priorities straight. Now she gives me the credit I deserve as gaming is easily my most expensive hobby, and I have not paid for a Playstation game with my own money in a pretty long time. The only thing is I have to convert the rewards to PSN credits, so I almost never get a discount unless I wait for sales.

Pay $60 for a game? Lol, I usually wait until they're under $30.

Even if I wanted to make a day one purchase I have GCU, like any sensible person who lives where it is available.

JDH

Canada's full price is $80, which I never pay. Thank you Amazon Prime!

Tell me about it!

Also before any non-Canadians say "exchange Rate" well duh... But remember, our wages don't increase when our dollar drops to compensate, so it becomes very expensive for us. Also many other products increase in cost, as well as food etc; but sure aren't quick to drop when our dollar gets to par again.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Pay $60 for a game? Lol, I usually wait until they're under $30.

Even if I wanted to make a day one purchase I have GCU, like any sensible person who lives where it is available.

Worth it for digital convenience for games I'm going to be playing off and on for a long time (fighters and other MP games). I'll get my money's worth out of those, and play them long enough that resell value has tanked by the time I'm ready to move on for good anyway.

Though if possible I tend to get on PC as you can often find discounts on CDKeys etc. if you don't have qualms with grey market retailers (I'm fine with ones like them that just buy keys in cheaper regions but avoid the sketchier ones). I got Tekken 7 for $42 for instance.

Otherwise, anything I'm going to play once and move on I buy with GCU/Prime and sell on Amazon marketplace after beating.

Filben

I think it was Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC. I'm lucky to receive many games as a review copy and when I want to buy a game I usually wait for a sale or until I get it used at my local dealer. So I did for Uncharted 4 that cost me 20 bucks. I can wait and still have plenty of games to play.

If we're not counting discount with GCU/Prime: Zelda Breath oft the Wild. Had to go with full price because I was doing a midnight release at a Wal-mart without a preorder. Got the legendary edition, so it was even more than the standard 60.

Counting GCU/Prime: Persona 5 Steal Your Heart Edition.

Playing these two games has kept be busy up until just a few days ago.

Seijuro

Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 just last month, these were games were I knew exactly what I would get and it was worth it to me. But the last one before that was last year (Battlefield 1). I try to avoid it though (especially for single player games) when I can as there are good sales going almost weekly somewhere now and games in general drop way too fast in price to justify buying full price it in most cases, With MP it's different for me, I want to be there when the thing starts,

xerzewatt

By release date: Persona 5, Take your Heath Edition but I preordered that one way before.

By order date: Probably Nier: Automata. I had a DELL gift card that was about to expire, so I used it instead of waiting for a discount. Sold it for 40$ after getting all of the relevant endings so that was a good deal.

Chinbo37

BotW was the last game I got full price and the first time I did that in a long time too.

Hah I came to post the same thing but tbh I ordered the Wii u botw like a year before release and I got it for like 45 so maybe that doesn't count.

ASaiyan

Banned
Since Prime discounts became a thing I've only spent $60 on SEs, or multiplayer games I want downloaded (the last of which was ARMS).

As for "launch price", I'm willing to pay it if I've already played the game enough or the reviews are good enough that I'm thoroughly convinced of its quality. I buy games at launch fairly frequently. But if I think a game is less good or it'll only be "worth it" at x price, then I am a willing to wait for it to drop to x price for a fairly long amount of time; I only recently got Star Fox 64 3D and DOOM because I was able to find copies of each for $20.

Top Bottom